United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: would you swop Christiano Ronaldo for both Aguero and Benzema ?
YES!!!!!! 24 60.00%
NO 16 40.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 24-06-2009, 02:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
I thought Tevez was the next Maradona.
And Andres D'Alessandro

And Pablo Aimar

And that one at middlesbrough Marinelli or something.

There's £#%&!ing loads.

But it is actually Messi, FWIW.

Unread 24-06-2009, 02:21 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
And Andres D'Alessandro

And Pablo Aimar

There's £#%&!ing loads.

Unread 24-06-2009, 02:23 PM
MJ Ramone

We won't sign either of these players.

It's a shame there aren't any top drawer English/British players available.
At least you know where you stand.
The 3 best English players are Rio, Gerrard & Wazza. We have 2 of those & would probably have all 3 if Gerrard's circumstances were different - ie; he wasn't a Liverpool fan/player.
Rio & Wazza will both see out their careers at United. They are both passionate about the place.
Carrick & Hargreaves also seem settled & you feel they'll be around for a long time to come.

I'm not saying all Foreign players will £#%&! us about (Eric, Ole for example) but you just get the feeling that the likes of Aguero, Benzema or whoever did turn up at OT they'd be engineering a Madrid move every summer.

Unread 24-06-2009, 03:04 PM
BarryX

Quote:
And Andres D'Alessandro

And Pablo Aimar

There's £#%&!ing loads.

I honestly think Aguero could be just as good as Messi - when I saw the lad at the U21 world cup (I think it was) he was incredible - so much better than anybody else. one of those players that takes your breath away. Haven't seen much of him at Athletico but he has a great record and is also the reigning Argentine player of the year. Sign him up.

Unread 24-06-2009, 03:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
I honestly think Aguero could be just as good as Messi - when I saw the lad at the U21 world cup (I think it was) he was incredible - so much better than anybody else. one of those players that takes your breath away. Haven't seen much of him at Athletico but he has a great record and is also the reigning Argentine player of the year. Sign him up.
I've been very impressed with him everytime I have seen him, I wouldn't say he will be as good as Messi, as he is a complete one off, but he could be as influential over matches in time.

I've been secretly harbouring hopes that we would bin Tevez and sign him since last summer, and also bring in Benzema, although the player I imagined him replacing wasn't Ronaldo .

We shall see, but Aguero is destined to be at one of the top 2-3 clubs in the not too distant future.

Unread 24-06-2009, 03:20 PM
RedMenace

Would you pay 55m for him though as Atletico seem to be demanding?. They seem to be fairly definite about not selling him for less than his buyout clause. The market is crazy this year.

Unread 24-06-2009, 03:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Would you pay 55m for him though as Atletico seem to be demanding?. They seem to be fairly definite about not selling him for less than his buyout clause. The market is crazy this year.
Not really. It's the reason I see United shying away from buying players at that end of the market, signing a few lower profile players and trousering the rest of the money until they are in a position of strength in the market again.

A season of transition and Young players learning their trade a bit wouldn't be the end of the World for us atm.

Unread 24-06-2009, 03:24 PM
BarryX

Quote:
I thought it was a 45 or 50 million euro get out clause.

And the answer is yes, personally I would (if it meant being able to secure a goalscorer of Benzema's quality and potential). If we want continued success we are going to have accept changing market conditions and continue to compete for top players (as well as bringing in the young ones).

Unread 24-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Tierra Del Fuego

Quote:
Do Independiente get any further payouts if he moves on

€5-10 million would probably be the figure, i would have thought they would put something in his contract

Unread 24-06-2009, 03:30 PM
MJ Ramone

Have to say I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to Aguero.
Haven't seen very much of him to be honest.

I know he's married to Maradona's daughter is he not?

What kind of player is he?..a striker/goal scorer?..a 'creator'? ..a wide man?

Unread 24-06-2009, 03:30 PM
RedMenace

Hmm, actually this is the quote from Atletico, doesn't specify 55m so not sure where they're getting that from.

Quote:
11.29: More on Aguero - Atleti president Enrique Cerezo is quoted as saying that Aguero can only leave if a club matches his buy-out clause of £55m and he wants to leave.

"If a team wants one of ours players they already know what to do. And, of course, if the player wants to go," said Cerezo. "I cannot do anything if the player wants to leave and a team wants to buy him."

Unread 24-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Not really. It's the reason I see United shying away from buying players at that end of the market, signing a few lower profile players and trousering the rest of the money until they are in a position of strength in the market again.

A season of transition and Young players learning their trade a bit wouldn't be the end of the World for us atm.
Yes if Chelsea are going to win the league.

Dippers on 19

Unread 24-06-2009, 03:35 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Yes if Chelsea are going to win the league.

Dippers on 19
A fair point. I don't see the dippers improving on last year though, Arsenal and Chelsea I expect to improve considerably.

Unread 24-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Coracao

Signing both wouldn't make a great deal of sense.

Unread 24-06-2009, 03:41 PM
OleKingScholes

looks like real madrid are going after benzema now too. maybe if we are lucky we will be able to sign van nistelrooy. he is a great player.
Closed Thread