United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Ribery and £30m instead of Ronaldo: would you be happy?
Yes 21 35.59%
No 38 64.41%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 05-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Part 36 Offer

Default Ribery and £30m instead of Ronaldo

Would you be happy?

Unread 05-06-2009, 04:50 PM
firesale

yes

Unread 05-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Based on this season, yes. Based on the time he's been with us and contribution over the years, no.

Unread 05-06-2009, 04:54 PM
wonky no

no, ribery is not worth that sort of coin. he's unproven at this level.

Unread 05-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Ether

£45m + Ribery and I'd be happy.

Not sure Ronnie will go to Bayern though

Unread 05-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
no, ribery is not worth that sort of coin. he's unproven at this level.

The Bundesliga is not too dissimilar to the Premiership.

He's also starred in the Champions League and for France.

Unread 05-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Not sure Ronnie will go to Bayern though

Unread 05-06-2009, 05:03 PM
sullers

Quote:
Originally Posted by firesale
yes
Get your head out the law journals and post more often.

Ps - no, I'd take 50+Ribs though.

Unread 05-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Withers

It depends what we did with the £30 million.

If it went on Tevez I would say no, if it went on Essien I would say yes.

Unread 05-06-2009, 05:11 PM
dunk

We are a team of vertically challenged individuals in the main, partuculary in the front 6 area, we have one player who is tall, powerful, quick and strong, would I be happy if this player left and was relaced by another £#%&!ing midget? No I £#%&!ing well wouldn't.

The lack of presence in our front 6(and the vast majority of options in those areas) is one of our main weaknesses, if not the main weakness, losing Ronaldo would weaken us in a way we would struggle to recover from in that respect, I mean, we get bullied now ffs.

This is way am confident he is going nowhere, despite the verbal diahorea and posturing emenating from those @#%&!s in Spain.

Unread 05-06-2009, 05:14 PM
armchair

I'd sign Ribery if it was direct from Bayern and nothing to do with the Ronaldo deal with real. No interest in taking ribery on loan from real until they are ready for him tyvm

Unread 05-06-2009, 05:30 PM
borsuk

yes, in a shot. ribery has been phenomenal for bayern and france these last few years. i watch a bit of bundesliga (living in poland it's almost local) and he has been as effective as any player in the world, playing in a pretty weak team.

i'm not sure how popular the bundesliga is in the uk. i'm sure if ribery played in the premier league he's be talked of in the same bracket as messi and ronnie.

and 30m would get us a very good central midfielder.

united without ronnie and with ribery and (say) de rossi would be a stronger team imo.

carrick, this is the third or fourth time you've talked about ribery coming. have you heard something?

Unread 05-06-2009, 05:33 PM
MUFC One Love

Ribery is a good player but he's so ugly, we have Rooney, we had Tevez, and if we get Ribery, get some lookers in, I'm sure Leg Saf could direct us to some youtubinhos with great abs.

Unread 05-06-2009, 05:43 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
yes, in a shot. ribery has been phenomenal for bayern and france these last few years. i watch a bit of bundesliga (living in poland it's almost local) and he has been as effective as any player in the world, playing in a pretty weak team.

i'm not sure how popular the bundesliga is in the uk. i'm sure if ribery played in the premier league he's be talked of in the same bracket as messi and ronnie.

and 30m would get us a very good central midfielder.

united without ronnie and with ribery and (say) de rossi would be a stronger team imo.

carrick, this is the third or fourth time you've talked about ribery coming. have you heard something?
i dont see why we need a central midfielder we have hargy, carrick, fletcher and gibson.

Unread 05-06-2009, 05:44 PM
armchair

Quote:
i dont see why we need a central midfielder we have hargy, carrick, fletcher and gibson.
media blackout still going strong i see

Unread 05-06-2009, 05:45 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Are you wumming?

Gibson isn't good enough hence why he is being sold.

Hargreaves isn't back until January and you have to say it's doubtful he's gonna reach a good standard again. Fletcher is a good squad player, that's all.

Unread 05-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Ether

Quote:

Unread 05-06-2009, 05:50 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
what?

Unread 05-06-2009, 05:52 PM
marlo

it all depends on how we want to play next season.

ill stick my neck out and say I don't think rooney and berbatov are a good enough partnership to be our first choice strike force. too impotent no matter how you deploy them.

so if we hypothetically got £30m + ribery.

I'd offer lyon that £30m + berbatov and bring in benzema.

i'd then buy tevez.

leaving us with 4 forwards - ribery,rooney,benzema and tevez.

Unread 05-06-2009, 05:53 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Are you wumming?

Gibson isn't good enough hence why he is being sold.

Hargreaves isn't back until January and you have to say it's doubtful he's gonna reach a good standard again. Fletcher is a good squad player, that's all.
%@#$&!s. he's more than good enough. is gibson being sold? i hadn't heard i've been away. we don't need a mega star. hargreaves has every chance of getting to the top of his game, there is no reason to think otherwise.
Closed Thread