United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
vBookie Event: Manchester United v Wolves (Football)
This event is over.
vBookie Event
Manchester United v Wolves (Football)

This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
Manchester United 11/18 F (0.61) 15 2166881  
Wolves 11/2 (5.50) 2 3000  
Draw 3/1 (3.00) 1 5000 WIN!

Unread 22-09-2018, 05:20 PM
andyroo

Pogba made the goal we did score too by doing something extraordinary.

That's him all over though, quality but no £#%&!ing application.

Christ it's irritating.

Unread 22-09-2018, 05:21 PM
suedeshoes

I can't find the 'Martial is a piss-taker and should be given a free transfer today' thread.

Unread 22-09-2018, 05:21 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Christ it's irritating.
It was a decent pass but fred did the £#%&!ing hard work ffs, it was hardly Cantona for Irwin against Spurs levels..

Unread 22-09-2018, 05:22 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It was a decent pass but fred did the £#%&!ing hard work ffs, it was hardly Cantona for Irwin against Spurs levels..
No but it wouldn't have been scored without him. Still would happily see him thrown down a mine shaft after their goal though.

Unread 22-09-2018, 05:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
No but it wouldn't have been scored without him. Still would happily see him thrown down a mine shaft after their goal though.
I think he so consistently underwhelms that when he does do something half decent, it's blown up to make it seem like he's amazing.

Scholes did that type of shit every game, several times.

Our standards have just dropped.

Unread 22-09-2018, 05:24 PM
Cream

Quote:

Christ it's irritating.
Actually had a half decent game.

So did Shaw.

It was never going to enough. If Sanchez would've presented any sort of threat, we'd have found him. Same with Lukaku, he could've dropped deep and demanded the ball. Martial and Mata did nothing either. Lingard? Pfft.

So many things have to go right for these players to produce a result. That's really worrying.

Unread 22-09-2018, 05:25 PM
andyroo

Quote:
I think he so consistently underwhelms that when he does do something half decent, it's blown up to make it seem like he's amazing.

Scholes did that type of shit every game, several times.

Our standards have just dropped.
Perhaps. I thought so with all this praise Fellaini's been getting lately. Are we that desperate? Well, apparently.

He was absolute £#%&!ing mince today as well. Burnley and Young Boys is his level, should be playing for one of them. If not both.

Unread 22-09-2018, 05:26 PM
Cream

Quote:
Perhaps. I thought so with all this praise Fellaini's been getting lately. Are we that desperate? Well, apparently.

He was absolute £#%&!ing mince today as well. Burnley and Young Boys is his level, should be playing for one of them. If not both.

Unread 22-09-2018, 05:26 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Loads of mediocre players who wouldn't get anywhere near another top side with ambitions.

Lingard, Lindelof, Smalling, Valencia, Fellaini to name just 5.... Absolute frauds the lot of them. Sanchez? Liability. Luxury player who would probably look half decent in a top side. In this United team? Looks like a total waste of time.

As for our two most expensive players...they cost us the result today. The two £#%&!ing dancing, instagramming, posing £#%&!heads at various points in the game making fundamental stupid £#%&!ing mistakes that cost us 3 points.

I'd happily see every single one of them gone and start again. They are all £#%&!ing imposters every single one of them. Manchester United deserve so much better.
Not saying much but Pogba was one of our best players today, plenty of searching passes that came to nothing because we don't have a clue how to attack. Still had the habit of holding on to it too long and inviting pressure but he was far from the problem today.

Thought we had good intent for spells, was impressed to see more than one man showing for the ball for a stretch but as the match dragged on you could see the players reverting to what they have known for the past few seasons ie punting into Fellaini or in the general direction of the opposition box when we have two players in there against six defenders.

Looks like the new coaches are having some influence in how the team set up but three seasons in any grace period has gone and the transparent ploy to get the fans onside will only last so long. Prepare yourselves for a Liverpool league win/city Champions League double and at best you will only have to watch one of our nearest rivals win the league.

Unread 22-09-2018, 05:28 PM
Sparky***

how many times did the ball ping about the wolves box in that 2nd half and not one of our players were first to. All stood there, no idea where to be at and what time and how best to put themselves in positions to score or affect the result...

in your mind your waiting for that red shirt to appear on the edge of the 18 yard box when there's a loose ball, but in reality...they're 10 yards away. Then you remember that Scholes is gone and we have nobody even approaching that level of talent any more.

Sideways, sideways...can this one produce a decent cross? Nope. Out it comes. Forward again, can we get their defence turned around? Nope, he's tried to do a flick through 5 defenders.... Ball goes wide, hopeful ball in, scramble... all the United players are on their heels, waiting for something to happen rather than making it happen. Wasters.

At our best we're functional. At our worst we're a £#%&!ing disgraceful mess.

Jose will be gone by christmas.

Unread 22-09-2018, 05:31 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Not really looking forward to it

Just hoping Jaffo doesn’t wear anything too effete

1-1

Unread 22-09-2018, 05:32 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Why, was he wearing a dress?

Unread 22-09-2018, 05:41 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
I can't find the 'Martial is a piss-taker and should be given a free transfer today' thread.
People bigging him up just because he has fallen out with the manager

Unread 22-09-2018, 05:47 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
People bigging him up just because he has fallen out with the manager
Seems as good a reason as any

Unread 22-09-2018, 06:15 PM
Jack Duckworth

4 unbeaten now

Unread 22-09-2018, 06:18 PM
MagnificentSeven

good side are wolves tbf, but it's worrying how we let teams come away from ot with results.

but whatever. we're probably not going to make top four. not ahead of these city, liverpool, spurs and chelsea sides. not while mourinho still thinks playing this front three of sanchez, lukaku and lingard is a good idea.

Unread 22-09-2018, 06:18 PM
My Name is Keith

Utter shit - shit atmosphere too. Beginning to dread matches at old Trafford - we seem to be far more up for it away. The front 3 were shit - need to £#%&! Sanchez off, he looks like he’s completely forgotten how to play football. Lindgard was gash as was Lukaku.

But Valencia wound me up the most - he stops absolutely anything happening down the right - takes absolutely no risks and grinds the pace of our attack down to the bare minimum.

As soon as we have a bit of a platform to build on (3 away wins) we £#%&! it up.

It’s going to be a shocker of a season. We’re already playing for top 4 and probably that 4 th spot.

No idea what the solution is but days like today make me feel like we need to bin half the squad and the manager.

Unread 22-09-2018, 06:29 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
shit atmosphere too.

Surely the matchgoers were all to a man, woman and child singing Mourinho's praises for 90 minutes?

Unread 22-09-2018, 06:41 PM
DuanePipe

Decent game. Fair result.

Wolves play the same team and the same way every time. Two midfielders, Moutinho and Neves. Can't help thinking that if Utd played with Pogba & Neves and we had Fellaini, that would have been a different result.

Great save from Patricio first half, two decent saves by DeGea.

Shaw was good. Delighted Fred got taken off early. Also happy to see Valencia in rather than Dalot as I knew Jota would get at him.

Utd seemed to run out of ideas once we conceded the ball for the last 20 minutes. We're a decent team with a good manager, but that defence you couldn't break down contained Matt Doherty, Ryan Bennett and Connor Coady - they're Championship players. Well coached, but they're still gonna prefer defending against hopeful balls in the box than slick passing (as proven by the goal you scored).

Unread 22-09-2018, 06:41 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

Surely the matchgoers were all to a man, woman and child singing Mourinho's praises for 90 minutes?
Not one mou mou song afaic but of course the big man was back and he stole the show, if that’s what you can call it.