United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-07-2018, 12:42 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyOnMyBack
Will be watching the semi-final at my mates' gaff. There will be fine food and plenty of booze. She is English - not usually into the football but has come down with coming home fever. He is from Donegal and a red but is happy to see his missus happy as long as England dont win the whole £#%&!ing thing.

There'll be a decent mix of irish and english there - good atmos but the madness kept in check - i will not be covered in beer.

An England Belgium final with United players getting all the goals would be the ideal.
He just wants his hole. 😁

Unread 09-07-2018, 12:48 PM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
He just wants his hole. 😁
Dont we all.

Unread 09-07-2018, 12:48 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyOnMyBack
Dont we all.
We do indeed.

Unread 09-07-2018, 12:53 PM
nick henry

Thumbs up

Really enjoyed the tournament and been more then pleasantly surprised that England have got this far. I think they will win Wednesday as well but regardless now they have, for once, overachieved (in respect of how far they have gotten into the tournament not the sides they have played to get there).

Win or lose Wednesday there is still another game to enjoy with family and mates at the weekend be it 3rd/4th place playoff or the biggest game there is. Red hot weather forecast again as well. whats not to like.

Unread 09-07-2018, 12:57 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I don't really get the issue with celebrations. Were old @#%&!s moaning about the Sharpey shuffle? Or that thing Giggs and Ince did?
Only scorers of goals can criticise imo, which is none of us puddings

Unread 09-07-2018, 12:57 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick henry
Really enjoyed the tournament and been more then pleasantly surprised that England have got this far. I think they will win Wednesday as well but regardless now they have, for once, overachieved (in respect of how far they have gotten into the tournament not the sides they have played to get there).

Win or lose Wednesday there is still another game to enjoy with family and mates at the weekend be it 3rd/4th place playoff or the biggest game there is. Red hot weather forecast again as well. whats not to like.
It's been £#%&!ing brilliant tbf, far exceeded how I thought it would go- both England and the tournament as a whole. Weather over here has helped aswell. 2022 is in £#%&!ing December isn't it?

Unread 09-07-2018, 01:02 PM
My Name is Heath

Do goals in the 3rd place play off contribute to the Goalden Boot?

Kane has to be a favourite for that now?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Mbappe and 24 inch TV will struggle to catch up to him now surely?

Unread 09-07-2018, 01:07 PM
nick henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Do goals in the 3rd place play off contribute to the Goalden Boot?

Kane has to be a favourite for that now?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Mbappe and 24 inch TV will struggle to catch up to him now surely?
yeah they do according to BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44712435

Quote:
In the process he also equalled Gary Lineker's England record for number of goals in a tournament, set in 1986, and became the first Englishman to score in six consecutive internationals since Tommy Lawton in 1939.

With Croatia to come in the semi-finals on Wednesday (and either a final or a third-fourth place play-off after that), Kane may not be finished yet.

Unread 09-07-2018, 01:08 PM
Bunker Buster

Shouldn’t count imo....

It’s a losers fixture.

Unread 09-07-2018, 01:35 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Shouldn’t count imo....

It’s a losers fixture.
Agreed. Should be scrapped altogether. Not like The Olympics where there needs to be a bronze medal given out.

Unread 09-07-2018, 01:53 PM
Red Santos

cam on Ingland innit?

Unread 09-07-2018, 06:35 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Croatia aren't actually that good. I had been giving them the benefit of the doubt because they have some great players and they kinda keep getting through, but it's clear that this is a beatable team. Only fear is that England probably aren't really that good either.
Oh and their absolutely eviscerating Argentina, but never mind that

Unread 09-07-2018, 07:59 PM
5 Cantona's

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The Argies have made a few teams look good this WC.

Iceland
Croatia
France

Unread 09-07-2018, 09:45 PM
sa7

Quote:
To be fair, that was all about the Argie midfield. They were £#%&!ing dire and, to their credit, Croatia’s midfield were ruthless with how they punished them.

Unread 09-07-2018, 10:04 PM
Big Norm

Just read who the ref is for Wednesday. Not good news for football fans unfortunately.

Anyone remember Nani against Real? It's that fella.

Unread 09-07-2018, 11:52 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Just read who the ref is for Wednesday. Not good news for football fans unfortunately.

The Turkish bloke, oh dear.

Unread 09-07-2018, 11:52 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
The Turkish bloke, oh dear.
Yep.

Unread 10-07-2018, 06:07 AM
puressence

Blaming the ref already

Unread 10-07-2018, 06:44 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm

£#%&!ing diddums

Unread 10-07-2018, 06:57 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
That's taking the scoreline and working backwards tbf.

With ten minutes to go the only thing that separated the sides was a major goalkeeping mistake.

They have great quality in midfield, but they have looked far from impressive to me.
Closed Thread