United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-05-2016, 09:56 AM
Stickman

I'd keep him for sure. He definitely needs a second season, he's showed In Glimpses that he has a lot of quality and is by no means almost cause.

If we bin him you just know he'll go on to do well.

Unread 01-05-2016, 10:00 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Deleted all United pictures from his Instagram....

Deserves another season imo.

Unread 01-05-2016, 10:01 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Getting a bit tired of us just giving up on players after six months and binning them off after a year.
This.

Unread 01-05-2016, 10:05 AM
irk

Give him a second season you shit

Unread 01-05-2016, 10:47 AM
Pop

Hang on to the @#%&! and if he doesn't come good next season simply behead him.

Everybody is happy.

Unread 01-05-2016, 11:04 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:

Bang.

ADHD Reds require ready made Ronaldo's and maurading trebles..God forbid we give a Dutch top scoring league winner time....

Thought he started brightly for us and does offer something...struggled to find form and sharpness and has took time out for personal reasons this season.

Hope he's still here next year.
That's the disappointing part - I don't see anything other than the typical and expected struggles of a 21 year old kid adapting to the league.

If we'd seen nothing at all and we were scratching our heads to even see any raw talent, then that'd be different. But there's clearly something there and a lot can be attributed to adaptation, being part of an ever-changing (and mostly below par) team and other players stepping up in his position too.

If we bin him off, we're basically saying to any young player of that mould that you had better perform instantly or you're gone.

Meanwhile, we're linked with Sanches and Stones at 18 and 20 years old

Unread 01-05-2016, 11:06 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Give him a second season you shit
Smell my Dutch edam

Unread 01-05-2016, 11:25 AM
sa7

Be completely #@&%!ed to get rid of the lad.

He needs to lose a bit of weight (too bulky imo) and clearly needs help with his confidence.

Typical cretinous decision by Van Gaal. He played brilliantly against Midget Land, then did well against Arsenal in the next game, builds his confidence, so what does Van Gaal do? Drops him for the next game.

£#%&!ing moron

Unread 01-05-2016, 11:33 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
The alternative is that we give a manager time to develop the players and system but we've seen that won't happen.
The manager who has sidelined him this season to the point that he wants out?

Oh yes. Louis has talked a good game, 'give him time, he's only young', but he's also unfavourably compared his psychological development with that of Anthony Martial. So when he plays well, give him a break, when he makes mistakes, hang him out to dry: nice process.

Sure, I've called Memphis a disgusting #@&%! in the past, but he's not a #@&%!, he's just a kid... a lonely, fatherless kid with a bullying surrogate who pits him against his brother.

Hope uncle Jose reaches out to him.

Good luck Memphis, keep your feet on the ground son.

Unread 01-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
The manager who has sidelined him this season to the point that he wants out?

Oh yes. Louis has talked a good game, 'give him time, he's only young', but he's also unfavourably compared his psychological development to that of Anthony Martial.

Sure, I've called Memphis a disgusting #@&%! in the past, but he's not a #@&%!, he's just a kid... a lonely, fatherless kid with a bullying surrogate who pits him against his brother.

Hope uncle Jose reaches out to him.

Good luck Memphis, keep your feet on the ground son.
Needs clearing up..

The break your talking about was granted to him for personal reasons so he could return home...

He wasn't sidelined he was granted leave...

Unread 01-05-2016, 11:39 AM
Rashnaldo

Memphis wasn't taught the basics, he can't defend at all... That's how Lingard passed him... Well there's also the fact that he isn't very smart with the ball, Lingard can link up with the other 2 at least.

A 19 years old Martial was hooked 20 min after he was subbed in the game last season in Monaco, then he started defending seriously.

That's how he was ready from day one to contribute, he already learned the basics the hard way with a team playing the champions league, facing better teams like Arsenal or Juve where everyone had to work hard.

Rashford was hooked at half time vs the Spurs because he wasn't following the gameplan, the press b***hed about it but it's how you learn and he came back stronger.

Memphis wasn't given enough tough love before he "made it" and now it's too late I'm afraid. It's obvious Renato is much more like Martial than he's like Memphis.

On the other James Rodriguez : didn't play regularly under Ranieri in Monaco and now doesn't play under Zidane, pretty big red flag of another ADM/Memphis situation if we went after him.

Lmao at Jose taking the time to teach a young player how to play football the right way, that's absolutely not Jose.

Unread 01-05-2016, 11:42 AM
Cream

Quote:
Needs clearing up..

The break your talking about was granted to him for personal reasons so he could return home...

He wasn't sidelined he was granted leave...
I don't know anything about a break, but now you mention it - does sound a bit like garden leave.

I'm talking about verbal statements. Unnecessary. If you're playing well, you're a favoured son, if you're not producing, you're out in the cold. Echoes of Freg? Possibly.

Let's hope this isn't a de facto Pogba in the making.

Unread 01-05-2016, 12:17 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Typical cretinous decision by Van Gaal.
I will accept this as an answer.

hasn't set the league on fire, but no reason he shouldn't. his attitude? van gaal's attitude? who knows?

Unread 01-05-2016, 12:35 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:

Bang.

ADHD Reds require ready made Ronaldo's and maurading trebles..God forbid we give a Dutch top scoring league winner time....

Thought he started brightly for us and does offer something...struggled to find form and sharpness and has took time out for personal reasons this season.

Hope he's still here next year.
You think LVG is binning him off because of impatient fans in the stands?

If he gave that much of a £#%&! what the fans thought about anything he'd have set fire to himself pitchside after one of the December fixtures.

Unread 01-05-2016, 12:39 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
You think LVG is binning him off because of impatient fans in the stands?

If he gave that much of a £#%&! what the fans thought about anything he'd have set fire to himself pitchside after one of the December fixtures.
No...I was agreeing with panaflex (I quoted him)

Unread 01-05-2016, 12:49 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
The alternative is that we give a manager time to develop the players and system but we've seen that won't happen.
Hard to give the manager a time when he is the one responsible for people being binned early and 90% of the squad not fulfilling their potential.

Unread 01-05-2016, 12:58 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Hard to give the manager a time when he is the one responsible for people being binned early and 90% of the squad not fulfilling their potential.
Great stat.

Unread 01-05-2016, 01:24 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I will accept this as an answer.

hasn't set the league on fire, but no reason he shouldn't. his attitude? van gaal's attitude? who knows?
I fear that is a large part of it, I'm afraid. Of course he "should" be given more time, but strops such as what inspired this thread don't help

Unread 01-05-2016, 01:25 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I fear that is a large part of it, I'm afraid. Of course he "should" be given more time, but strops such as what inspired this thread don't help

You didn't mention his shirt number !!!

Unread 01-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Dasilvatwins

Gav81 missing out on a thread discussing football
Closed Thread