United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It's actually because Gibson is slow and cumbersome and looks like a bystander a lot of the time, going off his 1st team appearances thus far. Good with the ball, good passer, good strike on him, not the most mobile and not very driven. Even Ole has said he needs a £#%&!ing rocket up his arse to get him going.
That's only part of what he said though. What he did was compare him to a Ferrari that they couldn't get out of the garage sometimes. So they rate him, but he needs to work on his attitude. Something I suspect he's been doing because Fergie is now giving him a chance and I hope he takes it.

Unread 06-08-2009, 07:28 PM
wiganste

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
what i take from last night is that the Wizard has cracked it yet again. The latest team he has built is very very impressive. No mega stars bought, giving coaching roles to the right people is baring fruit already. No-one is giving out grief to Mike anymore. Are they?

He has bought and developed youth- again. Evans as cover for Rio and Vida has been almost seamless. Fletcher is one of the best british midfielders out there and prominent enough to be respected by 90% of the premier league clubs.

The confidence in the likes of cleverley and gibson is testament to Ole's work in the reserves, another master stroke by the Gaffer. They are more than capable of breaking into the first team and creating things. Sending them out on loan at the right time is a tactic that is often over looked. Cleverley might well go out on loan again this season to a premier league club but i would guess that is just merely because of the quad per places ratio.

De laet, the twins and macheda are all great acquisitions plus there is potential in Tosic.

I think though that berbs is going to be the one than shines this season. Maybe it's a fluke but I'd guess it was foresight from Fergie. Berbs will be in the game a hell of a lot more now that he's got a genuine striking partner. I don't think for a min that Owen was in the equation at the time but Rooney certainly was. With ronaldo playing the way he did i think it some what stiffled berbs style of play, a runner that comes inside and turns in the box isn't what berbs feeds on. where as a winger that stays out wide and a midfilder that passes through the centre, certainly is.

Berbs balls around the corner, disguised passes out to the wings , not to mention his flicks inside the box are his strength and with the likes of rooney and owen running around him it can only produce goals.

The style and tempo of oles kids are straight out of the first team manual. as you saw last night there really isn't any signs of weakness. The only possible problem we might have is in our goal but i think foster needs a run in the team to gain confidence. it must be a right @#%&! being a 'keeper and not having consistency in the standard you are competing at.

You can shove your big money foreigner up your riggott. These kids are worth far more than £80m of anyones money.
Good post wonks

Unread 06-08-2009, 07:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
That's only part of what he said though. What he did was compare him to a Ferrari that they couldn't get out of the garage sometimes. So they rate him, but he needs to work on his attitude. Something I suspect he's been doing because Fergie is now giving him a chance and I hope he takes it.
Oh, he definitely has talent, but I was responding to the accusation that some don't rate him because he is Irish and was giving the actual reasons he isn't rated by some.

Unread 06-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no

I think though that berbs is going to be the one than shines this season. Maybe it's a fluke but I'd guess it was foresight from Fergie. Berbs will be in the game a hell of a lot more now that he's got a genuine striking partner. I don't think for a min that Owen was in the equation at the time but Rooney certainly was. With ronaldo playing the way he did i think it some what stiffled berbs style of play, a runner that comes inside and turns in the box isn't what berbs feeds on. where as a winger that stays out wide and a midfilder that passes through the centre, certainly is.

Berbs balls around the corner, disguised passes out to the wings , not to mention his flicks inside the box are his strength and with the likes of rooney and owen running around him it can only produce goals.
A Spurs fan at work said exactly that when I told him Berbles had been awesome in pre season. He reckons he needs to be top dog and Ronaldo stifled/overawed him a bit. He reckons he'll shine this season with a decent run and having the play revolve around him

Unread 06-08-2009, 07:43 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Good post wonks
glad you're back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
A Spurs fan at work said exactly that when I told him Berbles had been awesome in pre season. He reckons he needs to be top dog and Ronaldo stifled/overawed him a bit. He reckons he'll shine this season with a decent run and having the play revolve around him
i just think his positional game suffered because ronny was hard to read. tevez running around didn't help either. berbs reminds me of scholes and scholes, 9 times out of 10 will have a dip in form if he's playing with a new midfield partner because he's all about awareness and thrives on knowing where runs are going to be made etc.

Unread 07-08-2009, 11:44 AM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Oh, he definitely has talent, but I was responding to the accusation that some don't rate him because he is Irish and was giving the actual reasons he isn't rated by some.
He's a very big, strong lad now and looks a bit ponderous with that. Acceleration isn't great. Doesn't cover the ground the way Fletcher or Hargreaves would, say.

However, his straight line speed isn't bad and with his size, his momentum makes him difficult to stop when he trundles off on a run. Reminds me an awful lot of Lampard (who I never rated until the last year or so) but has a much nicer range of passing.

I tell you what, whatever about United, he should be one of Trap's first names on his teamsheet (hopefully in South Africa next summer).
Closed Thread