United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-02-2014, 11:41 AM
bicyclerepairman

Default if sir alex was here

if he was back, how would his team selection differ from the ones moyesy has been picking?
same players, so how do you think he'd be getting results, or would we be just a crap?
what would he be doing differently?

Unread 11-02-2014, 11:42 AM
silv

£#%&! off you utter bastard

Unread 11-02-2014, 11:46 AM
Zorg

Stick to repairing bikes, cobber.

Unread 11-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

i hope you wake up as black muslim tomorrow morning.

Unread 11-02-2014, 12:00 PM
dunk

We'd have sold Rooney and signed Matic and Thiago in the summer, and probably another forward, maybe even Ronaldo...

Unread 11-02-2014, 12:11 PM
Neo

If Fergie came in today we'd get top 4 and probably win the Champion's League.

The playing style wouldn't improve that much, but the psychological lift it would give the players would be phenomenal.

That's the biggest worry for me with Moyes at present - the dejection of the players, and the lack of ability for Moyes and his staff to lift them.

Unread 11-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Marvel7

If Fergie took back over today he would not change the team selection all that much, he would probably change to a more defensive system and make every game just about results. Would probably be a 4-5-1 formation with Rooney wide left and Valencia wide right, Fletcher would probably sit as the central most defensive midfielder with Carrick and Mata either side of him.

One thing is for sure though, he would soon have the individual mistakes cut out, both goals against Fulham were down to sloppy lazy defending and a whole load more this season have been the same.

The football would not be pretty but we would probably get 30+ points out of the last 13 games.

Unread 11-02-2014, 12:29 PM
ZiggyStardust

I have had big issues with how we have played for a long time now but are people seriously suggesting we played the same way last season as we are this season but with a better winning mentality

We are far more predictable and reliant on getting it wide and slinging it into the box this season under Moyes than we where under Fergie last season

Just look at this vid of some of our team goals from last season and compare it to this season

Unread 11-02-2014, 12:37 PM
TelecasterMaster

On a side note, does anyone question why Fergie still finds the need to attend every game? I thought when he retired, he said he wanted to go off and travel and spend more time with the Mrs etc. It could be that he still just can't let go and is still trying to wield power of course, but I read a point of view last night that suggested maybe he is attending because he is very worried and uncomfortable with the state of 'his' team and is not at peace with what he's left and he's done (i.e. recommending Moyes). Would he feel the need to be there every game if someone like Maureen was in charge and we were flying? Thoughts?

The other question it begs, is just what is Fergie's involvement and mood behind the scenes right now? I know he's an ego and he won't want to admit he's made an almighty £#%&! up, but at the same time, he's a winner and would be going out of his mind at the current state of affairs if he was still in charge. Do we really think he's calmly saying to Moyes with a smile "There, there boy, everything's fine, you have years to sort this out". I for one just can't imagine Fergie doing that. I think it's much more likely he'd be apoplectic with rage at the opposite end of the scale, partly because of the state of things and partly, secretly maybe, at his own stupidity for contributing to this mess...

Unread 11-02-2014, 12:47 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelecasterMaster
On a side note, does anyone question why Fergie still finds the need to attend every game?
It's been mentioned.

Unread 11-02-2014, 12:48 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelecasterMaster
On a side note, does anyone question why Fergie still finds the need to attend every game? I thought when he retired, he said he wanted to go off and travel and spend more time with the Mrs etc. It could be that he still just can't let go and is still trying to wield power of course, but I read a point of view last night that suggested maybe he is attending because he is very worried and uncomfortable with the state of 'his' team and is not at peace with what he's left and he's done (i.e. recommending Moyes). Would he feel the need to be there every game if someone like Maureen was in charge and we were flying? Thoughts?

The other question it begs, is just what is Fergie's involvement and mood behind the scenes right now? I know he's an ego and he won't want to admit he's made an almighty £#%&! up, but at the same time, he's a winner and would be going out of his mind at the current state of affairs if he was still in charge. Do we really think he's calmly saying to Moyes with a smile "There, there boy, everything's fine, you have years to sort this out". I for one just can't imagine Fergie doing that. I think it's much more likely he'd be apoplectic with rage at the opposite end of the scale, partly because of the state of things and partly, secretly maybe, at his own stupidity for contributing to this mess...
Probably still thinks he's managing the club from on high

Unread 11-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Probably still thinks he's managing the club from on high

look at the £#%&!ing mess you've made you vainglorious old bag of shite.

Unread 11-02-2014, 12:52 PM
believe

vainglorious seems to be the word of the week.

Unread 11-02-2014, 12:52 PM
waynes ear's

He isnt back. Or coming back

Deal with it you £#%&!ing #@&%!s

Unread 11-02-2014, 12:53 PM
Mr Castro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I have had big issues with how we have played for a long time now but are people seriously suggesting we played the same way last season as we are this season but with a better winning mentality

We are far more predictable and reliant on getting it wide and slinging it into the box this season under Moyes than we where under Fergie last season

Just look at this vid of some of our team goals from last season and compare it to this season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rUVhX9ZwTU
Fair points. The biggest fear is have is now that we've become so predictable we don't know how to change the gameplan. We did use to use the wings to great effect but that was when we employed wingers who could actually cross. And we also were able to switch play when that wasn't working, that's just not happening. 83 crosses on sunday and not one of them resulted in a goal.

In that video its telling that all but one of those goals occurred after Christmas. Particularly in the spring we became a bit boring to watch, Reading at home especially. But we were winning so it wasn't a massive issue.

Unread 11-02-2014, 12:53 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
yep. i like it.

Unread 11-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
£#%&! off you utter bastard

Unread 11-02-2014, 12:58 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
look at the £#%&!ing mess you've made you vainglorious old bag of shite.

Unread 11-02-2014, 01:01 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
What does it mean?

Unread 11-02-2014, 01:01 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
What does it mean?
£#%&! knows but it doesn't underline in red so it must be real.
Closed Thread