Great news

Throb

Unread 22-02-2014, 04:49 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Rio is busy washing his lip.
Really?

What the £#%&! is that supposed to mean?

It's like something pure would post after a serious head injury.

Unread 22-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
knocking the vermin out the league cup? Really, Throb? REALLY?
were you at the game?

it was an important win for the manager to beat Liverpool so early into the job, especially after losing at Anfield and how that was received by his critics.

another important game was the comeback at home to Stoke, though this team remains more likely to concede key late goals than score them.

Unread 22-02-2014, 01:17 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
were you at the game?

it was an important win for the manager to beat Liverpool so early into the job, especially after losing at Anfield and how that was received by his critics.

another important game was the comeback at home to Stoke, though this team remains more likely to concede key late goals than score them.
bit bad though don't you think, that one of our highlights of the season is winning a game in a competition we hardly care about, that we eventually got knocked out of by Sunderland.

Unread 22-02-2014, 01:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
bit bad though don't you think, that one of our highlights of the season is winning a game in a competition we hardly care about, that we eventually got knocked out of by Sunderland.
no. i didn't list the highlights anyway, just a couple of key moments in the season and genuine positives under moyes' management so far. the list isn't exhaustive, either (though not far off, admittedly!)

Unread 22-02-2014, 01:30 PM
believe

Quote:
no. i didn't list the highlights anyway, just a couple of key moments in the season and genuine positives under moyes' management so far. the list isn't exhaustive, either (though not far off, admittedly!)
a key moment was winning a game. Great stuff.

Unread 22-02-2014, 01:51 PM
TheKitchenSink

the reaction to rooney's new contract on here is interesting. a year ago i doubt rooney signing a 5 year £300k p/w contract would have generated much enthuiastic response, but now it's generally celebrated as being fantastic.

not sure whether there's been a collective change of opinion regarding rooney's ability or if moyes has just ground us down to the point where we take any positives, regardless of how dubious they are.

Unread 22-02-2014, 01:57 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
a key moment was winning a game. Great stuff.
whether you agree or not, see it or don't, didn't influence my list.

Unread 22-02-2014, 01:59 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink
the reaction to rooney's new contract on here is interesting. a year ago i doubt rooney signing a 5 year £300k p/w contract would have generated much enthuiastic response, but now it's generally celebrated as being fantastic.

not sure whether there's been a collective change of opinion regarding rooney's ability or if moyes has just ground us down to the point where we take any positives, regardless of how dubious they are.
the way Moyes has handled Rooney is undoubtedly a positive of his management. whether the team should be built around this player is another question, but his fans think it should be - which makes it laughable that they can't bring themselves to give Moyes the full credit he deserves for the turnaround you describe.

Unread 22-02-2014, 02:17 PM
bicyclerepairman

i think its better that we have him then not, when it comes to attracting other players to sign for united. he is the face[and what a face!] of the club.

as craig burley said today, 'rooney has had one good year out of the last four.'

we all know that in a couple of years they'll be stories of rooney wanting to leave again.

Unread 22-02-2014, 02:21 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicyclerepairman

we all know that in a couple of years they'll be stories of rooney wanting to leave again.
or he is 31, shit and we want rid...BUT he is on 300k a week with 3 years left.

he'll never leave now. we are £#%&!ed.

Unread 22-02-2014, 02:22 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicyclerepairman
i think its better that we have him then not, when it comes to attracting other players to sign for united. he is the face[and what a face!] of the club.

as craig burley said today, 'rooney has had one good year out of the last four.'

Not my words, the words of Craig Burley.

Unread 22-02-2014, 02:37 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
adding giggs to the coaching staff, signing fellaini, getting rooney back onside, knocking the vermin out of the league cup, new deal for nani, emergence of januzaj, his long term contract, beating arsenal at home, phasing out the old guard, romping the CL group, fletcher returning, mata signing, de gea on the verge of signing, rooney extending his deal...

i dare say the moan will be horrified by this list and feel compelled yet again to point out the negatives

Unread 22-02-2014, 02:42 PM
TheKitchenSink

Quote:
the way Moyes has handled Rooney is undoubtedly a positive of his management. whether the team should be built around this player is another question, but his fans think it should be - which makes it laughable that they can't bring themselves to give Moyes the full credit he deserves for the turnaround you describe.
those who are celebrating rooney's contract renewal should certainly hand some credit to moyes and even the equaliser. if fagi was still in charge rooney would be playing for chelsea right now imo.

obviously moyes can still be given credit for this without taking away from any of the fully deserved criticism he continues to receive on the basis of our shocking on pitch performances and abysmal points total so far this season.

people unhappy with rooney signing a ridiculous new contract can continue throwing right hooks at moyes without concern though

Unread 22-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
those who are celebrating rooney's contract renewal should certainly hand some credit to moyes and even the equaliser. if fagi was still in charge rooney would be playing for chelsea right now imo.

obviously moyes can still be given credit for this without taking away from any of the fully deserved criticism he continues to receive on the basis of our shocking on pitch performances and abysmal points total so far this season.

people unhappy with rooney signing a ridiculous new contract can continue throwing right hooks at moyes without concern though
i think it's pertinent to focus on those who wanted Rooney to stay and could barely even consider United without him; these people should be gushing in their praise of the way Moyes has handled the player since day 1 last summer.

Unread 22-02-2014, 03:59 PM
TheKitchenSink

i do wonder if this means RVP will be offski in the summer. mata to move into rooney's current role, and rooney to play as our out and out striker? can't see it working any other way tbh. we can't keep shunting mata out to the wing, he's not effective there and he'll end up being a total waste of money if we continue to play him out of position.

Unread 22-02-2014, 04:10 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
i do wonder if this means RVP will be offski in the summer. mata to move into rooney's current role, and rooney to play as our out and out striker? can't see it working any other way tbh. we can't keep shunting mata out to the wing, he's not effective there and he'll end up being a total waste of money if we continue to play him out of position.
yep, but then maybe a dozen games tops and we'll be back to Rooney being shackled easily and losing the shape by going looking for the ball

more likely that united have some quality arrivals imminent and that next season is going to be all about moyes trying to rotate mata, januzaj, welbeck and RvP/his replacement around the new signings and rooney

Unread 22-02-2014, 04:42 PM
TheKitchenSink

Quote:
more likely that united have some quality arrivals imminent
not sure about that but i think if rooney is playing up top he may become more disciplined. playing deeper gives him the opportunities to be all over the pitch, even if in some cases he really shouldn't be. playing as a proper striker should in theory limit him to the upper end of the pitch. if he strays from that then we'll essentially be playing a 4-6-0.

Unread 22-02-2014, 09:20 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
Denis loves big Dave

Unread 23-02-2014, 02:13 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
#MUFC club source: "Wayne Rooney is impressed by the clubs incredible summer transfer targets" #mufc

So we can expect a transfer request when we sign none of them.
Closed Thread