United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Aman27deep

Glazers together probably steal £1m/week and nobody raises their voice, yet one of our key players who will get a testimonial this summer gets a pay rise and everyone loses their mind. So what if he's a scouse @#%&!? He's our scouse @#%&! . Rooney in.

Unread 28-01-2014, 05:38 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
300k a week. 15m plus a year.

Disgusting really.
certainly is.

And to think Jimmy Greenhough was doing night shifts at B&Q !

Current generation of oblivious spoilt brats are the luckiest @#%&!s alive.

Unread 28-01-2014, 05:41 PM
Jack Duckworth

Football

delighted for him.

just a centre mid, a centre half and a left back to go and we might finish top 4

Unread 28-01-2014, 05:47 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
Glazers together probably steal £1m/week and nobody raises their voice, yet one of our key players who will get a testimonial this summer gets a pay rise and everyone loses their mind. So what if he's a scouse @#%&!? He's our scouse @#%&! . Rooney in.
this!

well £#%&!ing said!

it makes me laugh when people on here/on radio phone ins umm and ahh about sums of money that we spend on transfer fees/wages.

it's the glazer's money! and even if you're a ST holder like me, it's not mine nor your money neither, united are making more revenue from sponsorship than "the matchday experience".

so, £#%&! them! let them invest in the current players and improve the team with new signings.

Unread 28-01-2014, 05:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

disgusting sum of money

cheaper than buying a new state-of-the-art striker though

Unread 28-01-2014, 05:54 PM
carlosartorial

Unread 28-01-2014, 05:55 PM
bicyclerepairman

$571,000 per week, sickening. over half a million dollarooneys.
i really hope that at times he does some good with his money for those who are worse off than he and his mrs.

Unread 28-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
this!

well £#%&!ing said!

it makes me laugh when people on here/on radio phone ins umm and ahh about sums of money that we spend on transfer fees/wages.

it's the glazer's money! and even if you're a ST holder like me, it's not mine nor your money neither, united are making more revenue from sponsorship than "the matchday experience".

so, £#%&! them! let them invest in the current players and improve the team with new signings.
It's not about rooney. It's a disgusting amount of money for any footballer. The whole sport is going to shit because of money.

And you're sat there feeding it, big happy head on you. Face paints and official socks, the lot.

Unread 28-01-2014, 05:59 PM
barca99

Its as if Rooney is the first ever high paid football They are all over paid ffs!! 100k, 200k, 300k like it £#%&!ing matters its all a joke.

Rooney is a great player therefore its great news if he signs imo.

Unread 28-01-2014, 06:00 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
It's not about rooney. It's a disgusting amount of money for any footballer. The whole sport is going to shit because of money.

And you're sat there feeding it, big happy head on you. Face paints and official socks, the lot.
You're feeding it too, you dick. Foreign TV money is their biggest growth income...you should be ashamed, you Chernoblist bastard.

Unread 28-01-2014, 06:00 PM
andyroo

He'll be able to buy Everton when he retires. And he probably will.

Unread 28-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
You're feeding it too, you dick. Foreign TV money is their biggest growth income...you should be ashamed, you Chernoblist bastard.
I'm not paying a penny you bozo.

Unread 28-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited

it's the glazer's money! and even if you're a ST holder like me, it's not mine nor your money neither,

Unread 28-01-2014, 06:07 PM
believe

Hearing that Rooney made them keep this news under wraps until today, so he gets a bigger cheer from the crowd than mata does.

Unread 28-01-2014, 06:10 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Hearing that Rooney made them keep this news under wraps until today, so he gets a bigger cheer from the crowd than mata does.

Unread 28-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
He'll be able to buy Everton when he retires. And he probably will.
yeah, only a matter of time imo

not sure about him buying everton though

Unread 28-01-2014, 07:13 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
disgusting sum of money

cheaper than buying a new state-of-the-art striker though
You've said that before, but is it really true?

£300,000 a week equals £15.6m per year. £15.6m x 5 equals £78m.

£150,000 a week equals £7.8m per year. £7.8m per year x 5 equals £39m.

£78m - £39m = £39m.

So for the same layout we've paid for Rooney, we could have signed a £39m striker on a £150k per week, 5-year contract.

Obviously the mathematics is very simple as I've used a salary that is exactly 50% what Rooney will supposedly be on, but I thought it best to break it down for your simple mind. Now I just need someone to quote it so you can see it.

FWiW, I'd rather Rooney stay, as I think he could potentially work very well with Mata, especially with his workrate and making up the extra man in midfield if he's played off Van Persie, either as the split striker, or on the flank.

I just wanted to address your point that this deal is supposedly financially better than buying a new striker. It patently isn't, especially when you factor in that Rooney may well be past his physical peak already, let alone in 3-4 years.

Unread 29-01-2014, 03:32 PM
Jethro

What's happened to the big announcement?

Unread 29-01-2014, 03:37 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
What's happened to the big announcement?
They'll probably announce it after a loss to cheer us up.

Unread 29-01-2014, 03:38 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
They'll probably announce it after a loss to cheer us up.
probably right.
Closed Thread