United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-06-2017, 06:07 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Bit of an odd comparison tbh.
It's not. Particularly if you read the whole paragraph. They've had a good recent run but they're not one of Europe's elite clubs.

Unread 02-06-2017, 06:17 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Bit of an odd comparison tbh.
Posting some classic sueders the last few days is sueders

Unread 02-06-2017, 06:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
It's not. Particularly if you read the whole paragraph. They've had a good recent run but they're not one of Europe's elite clubs.
Perhaps not compared to the big four, but the fact they've been able to keep Griezmann, Simeone and Koke says a fair bit.

Unread 02-06-2017, 06:33 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Perhaps not compared to the big four, but the fact they've been able to keep Griezmann, Simeone and Koke says a fair bit.
The fact that we expect those people to leave them kinda proves my point. They're a 'big club' nqat but they're a stepping stone to 'bigger' ones.

Unread 02-06-2017, 06:38 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
What a load of balls.

Atletico madrid are not a small club ffs.
They are £#%&!ing tiny compared to us., 2 champions league finals in the last 3 years means £#%&! all when comparing both clubs.

Unread 02-06-2017, 06:39 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
The fact that we expect those people to leave them kinda proves my point. They're a 'big club' nqat but they're a stepping stone to 'bigger' ones.
I didn't expect any of them to leave particularly. Doesn't surprise me all three signed new deals.

Atletico are a huge club in Spain. And as Sparky mentions, have started consistently reaching Champions League semis and finals.

Unread 02-06-2017, 06:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
They are £#%&!ing tiny compared to us., 2 champions league finals in the last 3 years means £#%&! all when comparing both clubs.
I don't think they're tiny at all.

Unread 02-06-2017, 06:44 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
What a load of balls.

Atletico madrid are not a small club ffs.
Quote:
Compared to us they are tiny.. I get the vibes from your posts that you love to talk Utd down and everyone else up..

Unread 02-06-2017, 06:47 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Compared to us they are tiny.. I get the vibes from your posts that you love to talk Utd down and everyone else up..
I didn't mention United mate...

However I don't like to go around calling clubs like Atletico Madrid 'tiny' I think it just sounds a bit clueless and dare i say arrogant.

There are very few football clubs in the world that have the same profile as United 2 or 3 at the most. Are Atletico as big as United? No, of course not. But does that make them tiny by comparison? I would say no. Smaller, but not tiny.

Unread 02-06-2017, 06:51 PM
dunk

Ahh, the arrogance Atletico Madrid tiny

'How dare the shithouse not immediately leave the side he has won trophies with and reached Champions League Finals with to join the PL's 6th best side. Ambitionless @#%&!'

Unread 02-06-2017, 06:51 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Expecting a similar amount of season ticket holders to us next season. Part of the reason they're moving to a 70k seater.

Probably the best results manager of the last five years. Third place Ballon d'or footballer in attack. Spain's best midfielder at the heart of the team. Tiny.

Unread 02-06-2017, 06:54 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
I didn't mention United mate...

However I don't like to go around calling clubs like Atletico Madrid 'tiny' I think it just sounds a bit clueless and dare i say arrogant.

There are very few football clubs in the world that have the same profile as United 2 or 3 at the most. Are Atletico as big as United? No, of course not. But does that make them tiny by comparison? I would say no. Smaller, but not tiny.

They are probably below the level of Everton and Spurs in world wide appel. They got to a couple of Champion League finals and won none

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Expecting a similar amount of season ticket holders to us next season. Part of the reason they're moving to a 70k seater.

Probably the best results manager of the last five years. Third place Ballon d'or footballer in attack. Spain's best midfielder at the heart of the team. Tiny.
Anything to attack Utd and Mourinho.. little weasel.

Unread 02-06-2017, 06:57 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
They are probably below the level of Everton and Spurs in world wide appel. They got to a couple of Champion League finals and won none
Read somewhere the other day they've more club members than Real.

Anyway close the £#%&!ing thread. He's staying, and to be honest he's made the right decision being loyal to a club and manager that have done him wonders at a time they need him more than ever.

Unread 02-06-2017, 06:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Anything to attack Utd and Mourinho.. little weasel.
How have you managed to turn you calling Atletico Madrid tiny into a Mourinho thing?

Unread 02-06-2017, 07:04 PM
75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

Anyway close the £#%&!ing thread.
Yep.

Unread 02-06-2017, 07:09 PM
dunk

Here endeth another £#%&! KFC exclusive..

Unread 02-06-2017, 07:33 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex

Saffers? Still games pal?
Come back if the clause has been raised.

Hardly a shock hes being given a payrise for not leaving them in the lurch after the transfer ban.

As for the KFCers sniding, this was 100% happening if not for fifa's decision.

And yeah, atletico are an absolute nothing club compared to us. Sorry lads.

puressence

Atm are a spurs sized club win virtually nothing and any decent player they get leaves as proven when any decent forward plays for them he leaves there a nothing club ... hence why he stayed

TripDownMiseryLane

Athletico are a huge club, they are just held back by the way the league is ridiculously skewed in favour of the big 2. Fair play to the Griez for the loyalty in their hour of need, he'll be over in January nqat.

Unread 02-06-2017, 08:36 PM
red in cumbria

People criticising United for this - they couldn't really have predicted a transfer ban could they?
Closed Thread