It's a shame but he isn't good enough.
I despair

Unread 21-08-2007, 05:22 AM
Kim Jong-il

Obafemi Martins

Unread 21-08-2007, 05:26 AM
sharath

Berbatov.

Apparently in a interview on bulgarian channel he has said that a transfer might still happen since 12 days are left.

Unread 21-08-2007, 05:27 AM
croberts

Rooney

Unread 21-08-2007, 08:00 AM
Coracao

Brazilian striker Fred says he wants to leave Lyon.

The 23-year-old has won successive Ligue 1 titles but now feels his time at the Stade Gerland is up.

The forward blames the club officials for his decision, claiming they no longer respect him.

"I don't want to wear the Lyon shirt anymore," Fred told newspaper O Dia.

"I feel I am not respected by the officials like I should be.

Supporters

"I don't have any problems with my team-mates and with the supporters because they have been with me since the first day I arrived but now I feel that my time at Lyon has come to an end.

"I don't have the same relationship that I used to have with the president and that's why I am taking the decision of leaving Lyon."

Fred recently angered the champions by twice opting to ignore the club regarding his recent injury problems.

He decided to shun Lyon and instead travelled to South America in order to receive rehabilitation treatment.

Unread 21-08-2007, 08:40 AM
Serenity Now

Fred is out till late September/early October with his injury and, more importantly, his attitude is absolutely terrible.

He's a talented player, both physically and technically, and he has a real eye for goal, of that there's no doubt, but I really don't think you can look past his attitude.

From what I've heard, Sevilla looks like the most probable destination for him anyway.

As for the other names mentioned, The Times are linking us with a move for Berbatov again and The Mail say we passed on Anelka last week.

Personally, I can't see us making any more signings, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Unread 21-08-2007, 09:24 AM
buryboy

Its all speculation and we would all like to see another striker..... but does anyone think we will actually sign someone before the transfer deadline or are we all just hoping for a miracle?

If we do, then Anelka is the one for me.

Unread 21-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Bishovetz

Berbatov:
From the Torygraph:
"Jol, it seems, does not believe Berbatov is a team player and wants to offload the £10.9m signing, with Manchester United known to be very interested in the player."

Unread 21-08-2007, 10:03 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by buryboy
Its all speculation and we would all like to see another striker..... but does anyone think we will actually sign someone before the transfer deadline or are we all just hoping for a miracle?

If we do, then Anelka is the one for me.
I'm expecting to hear something in the next couple of days.

Specifically, Fergie saying that he is happy with the squad and there will be no more signings.

Unread 21-08-2007, 12:43 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazw649
Ruud Van Nistlerooy.
Ah, yes, that out-and-out striker who ruined our style of play, hung around the goal and stopped our free flowing play; all he did was score goals. We don't need him. What's been plainly obvious the past few games is that, despite our free flowing play, we still need an out-and-out striker who hangs around the goal and scores plenty of... er... oh.

Unread 21-08-2007, 01:09 PM
El Calafate

it all depends on Saha. nft.

Unread 21-08-2007, 01:23 PM
JakeB

"Dimitar Berbatov, the forward Tottenham are battling to keep after interest from Manchester United this summer, is believed to be unhappy with the rotation system that Jol intends to implement for his strikers this season. And there is a suspicion that Berbatov may have been unsettled by the speculation linking him with a £20 million move to Old Trafford – particularly as he has suffered least in Jol’s policy of switching his front men."

"United made a big play for Berbatov at the start of the summer, but were told he was not for sale. Since then, Sir Alex Ferguson has seen his forward line struggle to score goals while Wayne Rooney has suffered a foot injury. The club would ideally do business even before the match at home to Tottenham on Sunday. There is interest in Obafemi Martins, of Newcastle United, and Nicolas Anelka, the Bolton Wanderers striker, but Berbatov represents the pick of the bunch."

All from the Times.

Unread 21-08-2007, 07:29 PM
jem

Default united

"made a big play" for berbatov?

as in, they were acting for the benefit of the public? :0)

if fergie really tried to buy berbatov (again), but was told no, then it would be hard to imagine a reason why he wouldn't buy him now that we've got no strikers.

I suppose we could be skint.

Unread 21-08-2007, 07:31 PM
£#%&! KFC

Saha will be fit for Sunday..........apparently

Unread 21-08-2007, 07:35 PM
jem

Default good

he can cover til fred arrives, then.

now that crouch for heinze is out the window, fred for heinze has legs.

and how could we not want a fred on board?

Unread 21-08-2007, 07:37 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
Ah, yes, that out-and-out striker who ruined our style of play, hung around the goal and stopped our free flowing play; all he did was score goals. We don't need him. What's been plainly obvious the past few games is that, despite our free flowing play, we still need an out-and-out striker who hangs around the goal and scores plenty of... er... oh.
And, of course, all the free flowing play would happen with a stationary striker....

Unread 21-08-2007, 07:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
I despair
I stand corrected. Giuseppe Rossi could quite easily have forced his way into the team ahead of Rooney, Tevez, Giggs, Anderson and Nani.

What was I thinking, we stand absolutely no chance now the colosal striking power that is Giuseppe Rossi no longer plays for us. How will we live without his contribution?

Unread 21-08-2007, 07:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he can cover til fred arrives, then.

now that crouch for heinze is out the window, fred for heinze has legs.

and how could we not want a fred on board?
Because he's a bit of a @#%&! with a shit name?

Unread 21-08-2007, 08:13 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Because he's a bit of a @#%&! with a shit name?
I'm sorry, did you just say fred was a shit name?

Closed Thread