United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-02-2017, 04:25 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Moving over for a big pay off like a proper tarty player. Sums the #@&%! up.
I hate the @#%&! as much as the next man, but £#%&!inghell, you can't blame him if he's been offered stupid money. Refs are forced to retire at a certain age. Poll has to get bits talking shite on talksport, gallagher the same on sky sports news, and then Howard Webb making a @#%&! of himself in that truck on BT.

He could go over there for 2/3 years and retire after without any of that %@#$&!s. No brainer tbh.

Unread 16-02-2017, 04:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
I hate the @#%&! as much as the next man, but £#%&!inghell, you can't blame him if he's been offered stupid money. Refs are forced to retire at a certain age. Poll has to get bits talking shite on talksport, gallagher the same on sky sports news, and then Howard Webb making a @#%&! of himself in that truck on BT.

He could go over there for 2/3 years and retire after without any of that %@#$&!s. No brainer tbh.
Yep.

Stay in England for a fraction of the salary and spend every week being called a @#%&! by thousands of people until forced to retire at 45.

Go and ref games nobody really gives a shit about in empty stadiums in the sun and secure yourself financially for the rest of your life.

Literally the easiest decision anyone has made in their life.

Unread 16-02-2017, 04:38 PM
believe

Pip (hahahahahaha) just turned up on Bein. @#%&! looks like Desmond Doss before he signed up.

Unread 16-02-2017, 04:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Apparently Webb held the self same position until he resigned 11 days ago...

It's more an education/instructing role managing their referees isn't it?

Unread 16-02-2017, 04:51 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky

yeah he should stay in England because? enjoy life pol
Didn't say he shouldn't do it. He's still a £#%&!ing #@&%!

Nah, he'd be mad not to. I'm just not surprised it's the most 'famous' referee that's done it first.

Unread 16-02-2017, 05:22 PM
jaffo

Quote:
In October 2014, he was dropped from officiating for two breaches of protocol - speaking on the phone with then-Crystal Palace boss Neil Warnock, before leaving a ground alone to drive to an Ed Sheeran concert.
Needs his ears chopping off clearly

Unread 16-02-2017, 05:30 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
Needs his ears chopping off clearly

and his head

Unread 16-02-2017, 08:16 PM
red in cumbria

Moving to a country as bent as he is, they will get on fine

Unread 16-02-2017, 10:21 PM
MrBishi

Won't be the first time the Saudis have bought one of our massive weapons tbf

Unread 16-02-2017, 11:47 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Same as engineers over here. Can earn £55-£75k working in Warrington or go to Saudi for £200-£250k tax free ad everything paid for.
I've been recruiting in Saudi for the 18 months, a lot of the people i've placed have taken their kids and live in Jeddah (seen as the most westernised city).
Behind the compound walls they do everything they would do over here but in the sunshine
Are they allowed to knock through the compound walls?

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:03 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
Won't be the first time the Saudis have bought one of our massive weapons tbf

agreed with the consensus, hope he gets his %@#$&!s out on the beach and they chop it off for crimes against decency

the smug @#%&!

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:21 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Imagine willfully living in Saudi Arabia

Don't people have principles anymore??

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:24 AM
suedeshoes

A referee. Modern football ffs.

Unread 17-02-2017, 04:19 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
You don't have to move to the "ME" for four years any more it's not the 80's. better quality of life, better education system, health care, weather, 7 hours from UK.....

Not sure about Saudi as an option though.
ME not for me personally but I see your point.

Saudi though is another thing entirely. Mate moved from here to Saudi with an oil company. Compound life. Controlled suburbia. Plastic existence. His Facebook posts got increasingly desperate. "It's okay out here. Honest." Awful stuff. he lasted a year.

And to Thrills point, there are the ethical issues. @#%&! of a country.

Unread 17-02-2017, 09:45 AM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
Imagine willfully living in Saudi Arabia

Don't people have principles anymore??

No they don't, football has officially eaten itself.

Unread 17-02-2017, 08:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
ME not for me personally but I see your point.

Saudi though is another thing entirely. Mate moved from here to Saudi with an oil company. Compound life. Controlled suburbia. Plastic existence. His Facebook posts got increasingly desperate. "It's okay out here. Honest." Awful stuff. he lasted a year.

And to Thrills point, there are the ethical issues. @#%&! of a country.
Saudi Arabia was actually quite big for expats in the 70s and 80s IIRC. And life then was if anything a bit freer and more tolerant than now.

Unread 18-02-2017, 12:11 AM
NegativeNorris

Saudi is alright, just as long as you're a man. I was contracting over in Riyadh and Dharhan, and I quite enjoyed it. Bahrain on a weekend getting pissed, and tax free big bucks through the week.
Don't get me wrong, Saudis are £#%&!ing useless. They rely on foreign workers for EVERYTHING. I worked for BAE, and they were hilariously bad, but the money makes it worthwhile.

Unread 18-02-2017, 12:14 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
Saudi is alright, just as long as you're a man. I was contracting over in Riyadh and Dharhan, and I quite enjoyed it. Bahrain on a weekend getting pissed, and tax free big bucks through the week.
Don't get me wrong, Saudis are £#%&!ing useless. They rely on foreign workers for EVERYTHING. I worked for BAE, and they were hilariously bad, but the money makes it worthwhile.

Unread 18-02-2017, 12:54 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Yeah, sub us a few quid Norris you millionaire bastard.

Unread 18-02-2017, 01:03 AM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Yeah, sub us a few quid Norris you millionaire bastard.
I wish. Once my daughter's are abit older, I'll be going back out there. They're 3 and 10 months old, and tbh I couldn't handle being away from them, as daft as it sounds. I'll go back in 10 years all being well.
Closed Thread