United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-06-2016, 12:06 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan
It was Australia and we got dismantled
One of the more painful memories for me that one. At the time Australia would pants us at everything, cricket, union, league & my only fall back was " I don't give a £#%&! about those sports, come back to me when you beat us at football"

I get ( sort of) why so many Utd fans have no affinity with England but as an ex pat living in Australia for me it has made me even more Nationalistic .

Unread 13-06-2016, 05:15 AM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Ive read things like england fans used to chant anti utd songs ages ago during the 90s, obv i was too young to remember, but have any of you witnessed this to be true?
I have only been to watch England a handful of times despite only living 20 minutes from Wembley by train. My first experience was around the early 90's, I was about 16\17. Had a United badge on my jacket and was spotted by a group of much older geordies. I got cornered outside the toilets at the old Wembley by about 4 or 5 of them. They gave it all the usual 'Munich' shite and spat at me just for supporting United

Despite all that I have always wanted England to do well and have supported them in all the finals. My interest died after the World Cup in 2010. That was just one shite performance to many for me. Barely watched them since and have zero expectations during finals.
Closed Thread