Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-06-2016, 02:09 PM
guerreiro

David Platt

Unread 10-06-2016, 02:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

kompany is another...

cus of city's spending power he managed to cruise through so many domestic games that all the pundits ended up raving about him

but throughout all that time he got shown up time and time again positionally in the CL, where even the lesser teams would regularly draw him out and then float one over his head for the runner with a chance on goal. or they'd just play round him effortlessly.

even last season i saw a CL game where otamendi was maybe the best central defender on the pitch and kompany was a distant 4th...

one of the most over-rated players ever i'd say - very good flat track bully though, nqat.

Unread 10-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Paul Smith

Pogba. Always been outshone by others whenever I've seen him, he's got a cracking shot on him but his passing has looked ropey whenever I've seen him, looked bobbins at the last World Cup too. To be fair that cross to Giroud recently was a pearler, plus he has yewt on his side.

:Keane stare:

Unread 10-06-2016, 03:54 PM
Knockers

Balotelli
Sneijder
Benzema
Fernandinho
Higuain
Bergkamp (obv mint but never as good as made out)

Unread 10-06-2016, 03:58 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Balotelli
Sneijder
Benzema
Fernandinho
Higuain
Bergkamp (obv mint but never as good as made out)
Good list apart from Bergkamp. He shouldn't be in this thread.

Unread 10-06-2016, 04:55 PM
puressence

Silva coutinho firmino

Unread 10-06-2016, 04:57 PM
itisme_panaflex

Sneijder was immense in 2010.

Unread 10-06-2016, 05:03 PM
Lok

Higuain by an absolute mile.

He's £#%&!ing useless.

Unread 10-06-2016, 05:12 PM
Denis Irwell

OP

Vast majority with London clubs - what's new?

Unread 10-06-2016, 05:30 PM
puressence

Rio

Unread 10-06-2016, 05:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Higuain by an absolute mile.

He's £#%&!ing useless.
Broke the all-time Serie A goalscoring record last season with 36 goals from 35 games.

Given that he is never labelled one of the best in the world, I don't think there's undue fuss, surely?

Hazard is a bit overhyped. Lovely player but last year people were putting him close to Ronaldo and Messi

Unread 10-06-2016, 05:38 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
kompany is another...

cus of city's spending power he managed to cruise through so many domestic games that all the pundits ended up raving about him

but throughout all that time he got shown up time and time again positionally in the CL, where even the lesser teams would regularly draw him out and then float one over his head for the runner with a chance on goal. or they'd just play round him effortlessly.

even last season i saw a CL game where otamendi was maybe the best central defender on the pitch and kompany was a distant 4th...

one of the most over-rated players ever i'd say - very good flat track bully though, nqat.
I agree he's overrated. I like his leadership and the way he steps out with the ball, and he's obviously strong and good in the air. But he does make a lot of positional errors and he's an awkward £#%&!er at times when players isolate him.

I'd have no problem with him being regarded as simply a very good defender, but the best CB in the world stuff

Unread 10-06-2016, 05:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Rio
You want the underrated thread pal.

Unread 10-06-2016, 05:59 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Silva

He is an absolute worldy

Unread 10-06-2016, 06:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
He is an absolute worldy
Nah

Unread 10-06-2016, 06:17 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
kompany is another...

Top shout

Completely agree.

Made to look better by the fact that all the players they signed to play next to him have been shit.

Laughably average.

Unread 10-06-2016, 06:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
totti for me. good but not great
Actually, I hear you. Always flattered to deceive somewhat IMO.

Unread 10-06-2016, 07:16 PM
Paul Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smith
Pogba. Always been outshone by others whenever I've seen him, he's got a cracking shot on him but his passing has looked ropey whenever I've seen him, looked bobbins at the last World Cup too. To be fair that cross to Giroud recently was a pearler, plus he has yewt on his side.

:Keane stare:
....athough he's looking decent tonight.

Unread 10-06-2016, 07:27 PM
Grimson

Quote:
kompany is another...
Agree with that too - he was very good his first season or two at City, but has been responsible for plenty of clangers since then.

Unread 10-06-2016, 08:01 PM
NegativeNorris

Payet. Scores some good goals, but he's not as special as made out.

John Terry. Well overrated player, made to look like a worldie due to 1. English media arse kissing, and 2. Ricardo Carvalho alongside him being brilliant.
Closed Thread