United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-07-2012, 07:29 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Gorgon
a joycean narrative structure there. yes I said you muggy fackin' cant yes I will Yes.

Unread 25-07-2012, 07:31 PM
lookingforeric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

it's true. nothing sadder than a bunch of fully grown men windmilling at each other over a £#%&!ing game of football.

relates to a distinct lack of developed frontal lobes i think.
Its just modern day tribalism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
This.

It's the £#%&!ing stone island brigade that do my head in, giving it the biggun behind police lines, treading carefully incase they get their trainers dirty.
I blame the football factory film,it had every young football fan gassed into believing they can don some casual clobber & act like a top boy

Unread 25-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
You can't have one without the other though, unfortunately.

Plus imagine how satisfying it would have been to have seen that 16 year old Telford fan put on his arse in revenge for having a pop at your old man...not that I condone violence blah, blah, blah...
He was

Not by me I hasten to add. Him and his dickwad mates turned a corner and were confronted by about four of the largest FC fans

Unread 25-07-2012, 07:34 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Stop glorifying violence

Unread 25-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
Stop glorifying violence
one of theres had a pop at my old man but we had them on the run they turned a corner and there was four of are firm waiting for them they legged it but got, chased down the street it was well good

Unread 25-07-2012, 07:40 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
one of theres had a pop at my old man but we had them on the run they turned a corner and there was four of are firm waiting for them they legged it but got, chased down the street it was well good
Sounds like an excerpt form Green street tbh.

Unread 25-07-2012, 07:56 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Saaaahnds like you had a right resalt, my san. Top boi!!!

Unread 26-07-2012, 01:40 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
surely failing to understand humanity and why men have a desire to be tribal and commit violence against others relates to a distinct lack of developed frontal lobes.

Unread 26-07-2012, 01:51 AM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
no way that has been published - pretty much unreadable. one full stop in the whole thing, what a disgrace.

he should be running whoever was supposed to be his editor, not west fackin' 'am.
Maybe the style of writing (and why it's printed like that) is meant to portray the people who either wrote it or were there at the time. IE: Thick!

Unread 26-07-2012, 02:20 AM
Don Gorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Monkey
Maybe the style of writing (and why it's printed like that) is meant to portray the people who either wrote it or were there at the time. IE: Thick!
I.E. The people who followed football home and away before it was trendy and white-washed with JCL @#%&!s?
The people I know who have been involved in football related stuff in the past/present are on the most part pretty successful and decent in life.

Unread 26-07-2012, 04:03 AM
Grimson

Quote:

That's two sentences.

Unread 26-07-2012, 06:36 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
That's two sentences.
it's stream of consciousness.

from the Times Literary Review

Quote:
(the author)..likens his writing to Impressionist painters who sought to create art through direct observation. He endeavored to present as raw of version of truth as possible which did not lend itself to the traditional process of revision and rewriting but rather the emotionally charged practice of spontaneity he pursued.

Unread 26-07-2012, 06:59 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I.E. The people who followed football home and away before it was trendy and white-washed with JCL @#%&!s?
The people I know who have been involved in football related stuff in the past/present are on the most part pretty successful and decent in life.

Score. Knows it.

Unread 26-07-2012, 09:36 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
a joycean narrative structure there. yes I said you muggy fackin' cant yes I will Yes.

brilliant. the bloke is a genius. Still someway to go before challenging Joyce's 4000+ word sentence (and the only part of that book I have ever been able to read without my brain exploding)

Unread 26-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Monkey
Yep.

Unread 26-07-2012, 11:30 AM
forwardirektion

Quote:
He was

Not by me I hasten to add. Him and his dickwad mates turned a corner and were confronted by about four of the largest FC fans
That was your dad?

Piss funny, 5 telford fans giving it munich from behind the stewards all match. They go bounding out of the ground at full time only to bottle it hide behind some coppers, wait for the crowd to disperse and have a go at an old bloke. They didn't see the group of lads down the road turn round to come back and got a proper slap, cops helped them up and cuffed them and said have a nice day to the fc fans.

Unread 26-07-2012, 11:32 AM
MUFC One Love

Violence at FC, disgusting.

Unread 26-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Violence at FC, disgusting.
Stoke tipping up at Newcastle under Lyme few years back, 2 bus loads, riot cops, helicopters toe o toe battling.....

Unread 26-07-2012, 11:34 AM
The Watcher

So, Zorg hates violence at football, unless it's lads helping out his father because he's too much of a shithouse to take care of business himself? No wonder he lives in France

Unread 26-07-2012, 11:36 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
So, Zorg hates violence at football, unless it's lads helping out his father because he's too much of a shithouse to take care of business himself? No wonder he lives in France
Closed Thread