United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-09-2011, 07:45 AM
red @rmy

Default Lindegaard

He just looks like a goalie. Very good performance, just needs to stop hoofing it to the opposition.

De gea has much better distribution.

If we could do a face off stylee between Linders and Gayers, we'd have a top top goalie. Lindergayers.

Unread 15-09-2011, 07:51 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

I like them both tbh. Amos isn't bad either.

Well stocked in the keeper department, which is impressive considering how much everyone was shitting it at the prospect of the departure of VDS.

Unread 15-09-2011, 07:55 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
De gea has much better distribution.

What the £#%&! does this even mean....?!?

As carlo said on another thread the other day 98% of keepers will pass it to the nearest defender or throw it out wide to a defender who has pulled out to the touchline...

Its such a £#%&!ing shit saying......

I'd like to see a goal keeper who can hoof it pinpoint to rooney...or throw it in the air and over head kick it to Anderson's chest, back heel it to young on the wing.

Is 'Good distribution' a goal keepers 'Good technique' ?

Great keepers dont have to have great distribution....

Unread 15-09-2011, 07:55 AM
Jethro

His distribution isn't brilliant but that will come with time. Got the personality for a United keeper at least.

Unread 15-09-2011, 07:57 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
His distribution isn't brilliant but that will come with time.

More step overs before curling it out wide ?

Unread 15-09-2011, 08:00 AM
lookingforeric

Lindegaard played well last night. He deffo needs to sort out his kicks but I'm sure they will progress with time. Fingers crossed we get a decent cup run and he can get more experience.

Unread 15-09-2011, 08:00 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

As carlo said on another thread the other day 98% of keepers will pass it to the nearest defender or throw it out wide to a defender who has pulled out to the touchline...

I'd like to see a goal keeper who can hoof it pinpoint to rooney...or throw it in the air and over head kick it to Anderson's chest, back heel it to young on the wing.

Did you ever watch VDS?

Unread 15-09-2011, 08:02 AM
red @rmy

Quote:

Well instead of just booting the ball as far you you can, try and find one of your own players, that my lad is called good distribution.

But at the end of the day, as well as getting dark, we need a goalie to save shots, and he did that very well.

Unread 15-09-2011, 08:02 AM
rebelcountyred

Thought he put in a very good performance, however he needs to stop with the extra touches before kicking the ball, quick forwards will exploit that.

Unread 15-09-2011, 08:06 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Did you ever watch VDS?
of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Well instead of just booting the ball as far you you can, try and find one of your own players, that my lad is called good distribution.
But every keeper in the world will ALWAYS try and find one of his own players with the ball in hand, or from a goal kick...

98% of the time he will, it isnt a skill, it isnt really hard.

Most defenders pull wide and make themselves available..

You really cant judge a goalie on if he finds his own player, because they do 98% of the time...

Its madness....Its just another label to berate, or praise a keeper over, but it doesnt even make sense.

Apart from Carrick passing backwards, most pros can do the very basics of their trade.

Unread 15-09-2011, 08:07 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
of course.

But every keeper in the world will ALWAYS try and find one of his own players with the ball in hand, or from a goal kick...

You really cant judge a goalie on if he finds his own player, because they do 98% of the time...

Its madness....Its just another label to berate, or praise a keeper over, but it doesnt even make sense.

Apart from Carrick passing backwards, most pros can do the very basics of their trade.
Didn't notice how good his distribution was?

Unread 15-09-2011, 08:08 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Thought he put in a very good performance, however he needs to stop with the extra touches before kicking the ball, quick forwards will exploit that.
Yup, litle bit edgy with the ball at his feet but an excellent performance otherwise. 2 good keepers who will both get better I expect.

Unread 15-09-2011, 08:13 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

It was weird seeing a united goalkeeper save shots. Probably would have been 4-1 had disgrace been in nets.

Unread 15-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
It was weird seeing a united goalkeeper save shots. Probably would have been 4-1 had disgrace been in nets.

Unread 15-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Didn't notice how good his distribution was?
Not really..........No...

Do you have a point bedders ? or is it 'One liner day'

You shouldt really notice a keepers distribution, If he keeps kicking it into touch or passing it to their striker and conceding 5 a game from kicking it into his own Goal from a goal kick I may have noticed it...

Unread 15-09-2011, 08:15 AM
dunk

Quote:
of course.

Did you ever watch PIG, Bosnich, Ricardo etc...?

Unread 15-09-2011, 08:15 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Not really..........No...

Do you have a point bedders ? or is it 'One liner day'

You shouldt really notice a keepers distribution, If he keeps kicking it into touch or passing it to their striker and conceding 5 a game from kicking it into his own Goal from a goal kick I may have noticed it...
Fair enough, i did, particularly in rather stark contrast to Krusty.

I think your view is rather old fashioned.

Unread 15-09-2011, 08:16 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Did you ever watch PIG, Bosnich, Ricardo etc...?
Yes.

Never wanted any of them dropped for Bad distribution tbh.....

Unread 15-09-2011, 08:17 AM
Pop

De Gea has had his chance. Time for him to move on in January. SHould dock him a few months pay too.

Unread 15-09-2011, 08:17 AM
Zorg

His distribution is excellent.
Closed Thread