United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-01-2018, 12:03 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
He has all the power at United. This aint the abramovich show.

Always knew hed be a longtermer here....
The bunce he'll be demanding after winning the CL.

Unread 17-01-2018, 12:14 AM
red in cumbria

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Dont get too giddy lads...
No chance of that on here tbf.

Unread 17-01-2018, 01:05 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Not to be picky here but, wasn't he sacked in his last term?

Could have picked a better example there tbh...Disappointing

Unread 17-01-2018, 01:24 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
He has all the power at United. This aint the abramovich show.

Always knew hed be a longtermer here....
He didn’t leave Chelsea because of Abramovich second time around. By all accounts Roman was fuming at having to fire him. The point about power is true though. He had more than most Madrid managers get, but still had to struggle dressing room and board politics. United afford him much more control.

Overall though I think we all expect him to be offered a new deal. But it doesn’t mean much long term. Conte signed one at Chelsea last summer and most expect him to be off before too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Not to be picky here but, wasn't he sacked in his last term?

Could have picked a better example there tbh...Disappointing
I’ll be honest, pal. I’m not sure what you’re talking about.

But here’s another example:

http://theguardian.com/football/2012...adrid-contract

So last two times he’s signed an extension it hasn’t lasted a year.

Unread 17-01-2018, 01:47 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
He didn’t leave Chelsea because of Abramovich second time around. By all accounts Roman was fuming at having to fire him. The point about power is true though. He had more than most Madrid managers get, but still had to struggle dressing room and board politics. United afford him much more control.

Overall though I think we all expect him to be offered a new deal. But it doesn’t mean much long term. Conte signed one at Chelsea last summer and most expect him to be off before too long.

I’ll be honest, pal. I’m not sure what you’re talking about.

But here’s another example:

http://theguardian.com/football/2012...adrid-contract

So last two times he’s signed an extension it hasn’t lasted a year.
No manager lasts long at those two clubs. Mourinho is probably the longest serving manager at both clubs over the past few decades. United aren’t so trigger happy. If he can survive 3 years at those clubs he’ll make a decade easy at united.

Unread 17-01-2018, 02:05 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
No manager lasts long at those two clubs. Mourinho is probably the longest serving manager at both clubs over the past few decades. United aren’t so trigger happy. If he can survive 3 years at those clubs he’ll make a decade easy at united.
Fair point, although I was more just underlining that new contracts mean nothing really. It’s hard to say re United being trigger happy. Both times we have had a manager finding themselves under widespread pressure, they have removed them at the end of the season.

I think even Saffers would be shocked if Mou did a decade here. I’d be surprised enough with five years tbf.

Unread 17-01-2018, 03:48 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
£#%&! off to every single hater. We still alive!!!

https://twitter.com/AndyMitten/statu...31301242867713

This is wonderful news.
Only issue with him is i felt he was going to ditch us in the summer.
Now he's here for atleast a few more seasons and fellaini/mik will be gone instead.....pinch me !

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
still strange as £#%&! but read into that how you want
He does it to make his bitch wife feel guilty.

Unread 17-01-2018, 06:20 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Fair point, although I was more just underlining that new contracts mean nothing really. It’s hard to say re United being trigger happy. Both times we have had a manager finding themselves under widespread pressure, they have removed them at the end of the season.

I think even Saffers would be shocked if Mou did a decade here. I’d be surprised enough with five years tbf.
The club & the team going about things nicely. Recovering from 3 years of turmoil was never going to be an easy or instant fix but we are heading in the right direction. I would imagine if he stays 5 years Utd will be back at the top table again. His methods aren't to everyones liking but the results he gets speak for themselves.

Unread 17-01-2018, 08:28 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
The club & the team going about things nicely. Recovering from 3 years of turmoil was never going to be an easy or instant fix but we are heading in the right direction. I would imagine if he stays 5 years Utd will be back at the top table again. His methods aren't to everyones liking but the results he gets speak for themselves.
As does his history of not being at a club longer than 2/3 years.

Big pressure to genuinely compete for the title next year if he wants to even think about doing five years. When people were advocating Mourinho I don’t remember a sales pitch of needing £400m (maybe it’ll be more) to maybe compete for the title in his third year. Next season needs to be the one; no excuses.

Unread 17-01-2018, 11:48 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
As does his history of not being at a club longer than 2/3 years.

Big pressure to genuinely compete for the title next year if he wants to even think about doing five years. When people were advocating Mourinho I don’t remember a sales pitch of needing £400m (maybe it’ll be more) to maybe compete for the title in his third year. Next season needs to be the one; no excuses.
I disagree.

Whilst we're disappointed how the last 3 months have gone this season, it's yet again underlined that the squad has 7-10 players who are not at the level required for a team who aspires to win league titles and go the distance in Europe. It's going to take time, he knows it and the fans know it.

It's about building a team/squad that can compete every year not a quick title.

Unread 17-01-2018, 12:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
I disagree.

Whilst we're disappointed how the last 3 months have gone this season, it's yet again underlined that the squad has 7-10 players who are not at the level required for a team who aspires to win league titles and go the distance in Europe. It's going to take time, he knows it and the fans know it.

Didn’t you say Mourinho was finished a few weeks ago?

Anyway, if Mou takes his spending past £400m and goes into a third season and fails to challenge, he will come under major pressure.

I agree that United have needed to build pretty much a new squad since Fergie left. But a challenge is hardly asking too much.

Unread 17-01-2018, 12:09 PM
Mr_Ed

Good. Am glad.

Unread 17-01-2018, 12:16 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Didn’t you say Mourinho was finished a few weeks ago?

Anyway, if Mou takes his spending past £400m and goes into a third season and fails to challenge, he will come under major pressure.

I agree that United have needed to build pretty much a new squad since Fergie left. But a challenge is hardly asking too much.
His decisions in those games didn't reflect well on him, i'm still yet to be convinced he's the man to get the club over the line (as lets be honest, his record in the big games haven't been up to it yet) and win the first league title post-Ferguson. That's what the club should be building towards.

But I am convinced he will raise the level of the squad, and he's the right man to remove the deadwood and get us back competing again. Would love him to accelerate removing the duds though.

There was never a doubt he was leaving United, but there's still that doubt that he's up to the build rebuilding job and has the patience to do it, history tells us he doesn't.

Unread 17-01-2018, 12:19 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
His decisions in those games didn't reflect well on him, i'm still yet to be convinced he's the man to get the club over the line (as lets be honest, his record in the big games haven't been up to it yet) and win the first league title post-Ferguson. That's what the club should be building towards.

But I am convinced he will raise the level of the squad, and he's the right man to remove the deadwood and get us back competing again. Would love him to accelerate removing the duds though.

There was never a doubt he was leaving United, but there's still that doubt that he's up to the build rebuilding job and has the patience to do it, history tells us he doesn't.
You back-tracking bastard. Shameful.

Unread 17-01-2018, 12:25 PM
20 times

Still buzzing about this

Unread 17-01-2018, 12:38 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...postcount=1170

Unread 17-01-2018, 12:44 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth

£#%&!ing hell

Unread 17-01-2018, 12:45 PM
silv

Quote:

Unread 17-01-2018, 12:56 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:

Unread 17-01-2018, 12:58 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
I disagree.

£#%&!ing hell 2 decent results against teams that are over 20 points behind us and all of a sudden team Jose are walking round with permanent semi's and others are squirming backwards on to the bandwagon.

7-10 players who aren't up to the standards of Mark Albrighton, Danny Drinkwater, Christian Fuchs and Wes Morgan? They won a title and reached the CL Quarters.

The idea our squad is woefully short is absolute balls and is being used to excuse performance which is just adequate. If we're not there or thereabouts next season him and his new contract can sling it.

We've gone from Jose will have us back contending immediately to the five year plan., we'll be signing last pieces of the jigsaw before you know it.
Closed Thread