United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-07-2012, 03:15 PM
atticusgrinch

Must have been about 12. Crystal Palace. Went with my mate with the earlobes in the scoreboard paddock a few times subsequently that season.

Got a LMTB for Christmas AND birthday presents for the season after.

Unread 24-07-2012, 03:35 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

priced out long before i was old enough to go on my own tbh (there should be a rule where tickets can't go up more than the wage of your average paper round imo)
went aways from 2006 season and jibbed a few home games as well

Unread 24-07-2012, 03:42 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Smile

Never been on my own. My Dad started taking me in 85 when I was 5 and I still go with him and our kid every game. Top Reds. Nqat.

Unread 24-07-2012, 03:48 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
first away with me mates was notts county at the end of the division 2 season, major riot, very exciting
That mad bastard that climbed the floodlights to put a Yoonitid flag on

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
First away West Brom
Was that the one where the big fat Red, (not me or Hark) sparked the police horse..........still one of the funniest things I've seen at a match.

69-70 season when I started going Dadless, started BIG school innitt.

Preston in FA cup, first away, other than Blushite

Unread 24-07-2012, 03:52 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
priced out long before i was old enough to go on my own tbh (there should be a rule where tickets can't go up more than the wage of your average paper round imo)
went aways from 2006 season and jibbed a few home games as well
True about the Paper round. I started going on my own at 12. Paper round was £2.75. Going to the match was £1.80. £1.20 to get in, 40p programme and two 10's on the bus.
Now you have to be a spoilt shit to be going every week as a kid.
First away was a year later, 1986 at City 1-1 draw, me Mam wouldn't let me go the year before when we battered them 3-0 said I was too young.
Got the coach from Leigh. Driver got lost

Unread 24-07-2012, 03:54 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Unread 25-07-2012, 02:06 AM
bcred

First game with my Dad May 1964 age 8 Scoreboard sans roof.

First away on my tod Maine rd Nov 69
Other than the berties,I think it was Coventry following year
(it was a safe away)

Unread 25-07-2012, 02:20 AM
M-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcred
First game with my Dad May 1964 age 8 Scoreboard sans roof.

First away on my tod Maine rd Nov 69
Other than the berties,I think it was Coventry following year
(it was a safe away)
May ? you losing the plot

Unread 25-07-2012, 02:25 AM
bcred

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13
May ? you losing the plot
march? ..night game. doh
Could have been April tbh night game all I can remember. I'll ask my Dad.

Unread 25-07-2012, 02:28 AM
M-13

Quote:
march? ..night game. doh
Hello....as you were ..

The city match was correct. 4-0 !!

Unread 25-07-2012, 04:19 AM
bcred

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13
Hello....as you were ..

The city match was correct. 4-0 !!
tickets on the wall

I should get some good rep for that.

Unread 25-07-2012, 04:25 AM
M-13

Quote:
tickets on the wall
Looked it up @ http://www.stretfordend.co.uk/seasonmenu.html

Unread 25-07-2012, 07:31 AM
MUFC One Love

You can't beat the buzz of the match when you're younger. Aways are still good now, although I have only been Blackburn away the last couple of years (19 game) but I have heard aways are becoming shit and full of JCLs etc?

When I go to Old Trafford now I cannot be arsed with it, the people around me do my head in. Although I haven't been to a big game at O.T in a few years. I went to the Leeds F.A Cup game a couple of years ago, I was in exec so obviously the atmosphere around me was shit but the rest of the ground was flat as well. S2C.

Saying that I'm considering getting a membership this coming season and doing a few games.

Unread 25-07-2012, 07:40 AM
elephantstone

aways especially the ones in London are full of tourists, I piss myself when they try to get a song going with the wrong tune

I didnt get one for the last derby but I believe it was the worst ever.

Unread 25-07-2012, 07:45 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
aways especially the ones in London are full of tourists, I piss myself when they try to get a song going with the wrong tune

I didnt get one for the last derby but I believe it was the worst ever.
It's a shame. That's one thing we had left to hang on to. It suits United to have the JCLs and tourists away as well as home. The problem for United is all it takes is a few barren years with city and Chelsea cleaning up and they won't get them JCLs and tourists in. It's bad enough now the way they're trying to flog STs, imagine it in that situation? I am sure the club would want the 'not real' (which Fergie basically called our real suppport) fans back then, wouldn't they?

Unread 25-07-2012, 10:52 AM
elephantstone

yep it suits the club as our allocation keeps getting cut and they dont seem to arsed.

Unread 25-07-2012, 10:53 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
yep it suits the club as our allocation keeps getting cut and they dont seem to arsed.
Yep. Sit down and shut up and give us your money.

@#%&!s.

Sir Chip out.

Unread 25-07-2012, 01:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
You can't beat the buzz of the match when you're younger. Aways are still good now, although I have only been Blackburn away the last couple of years (19 game) but I have heard aways are becoming shit and full of JCLs etc?

When I go to Old Trafford now I cannot be arsed with it, the people around me do my head in. Although I haven't been to a big game at O.T in a few years. I went to the Leeds F.A Cup game a couple of years ago, I was in exec so obviously the atmosphere around me was shit but the rest of the ground was flat as well. S2C.

Saying that I'm considering getting a membership this coming season and doing a few games.
The stuff on the pitch that day didn't really help, tbf

Unread 02-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Sam the Sanitary Man

First home game (with dad) West Ham March 1969 aged 7

First away game (with dad) that classic 3 3 at Maine Road in 70 aged 8

First home game on my own was one in 73-74 (cant remember which) aged 12. Got stroppy with my dad as my mates at school used to take the piss as I used to go with him in the United Road (which was well unhip in the 70s, got cool in the 80s of course) & finally talked him into letting me go on my todd into Stretford End

First away game on my own preseason friendy at hull before 74/75 (nearly 13) arranged as part of the Pearson deal. At some point in the 2nd division season he stopped me going but I just used to slope off anyway!

Happy £#%&!in Days!
Closed Thread