Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-08-2007, 02:07 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
id even start a half fit anderson.

he can more than handle his own.
I'm not arguing with you mate, but how do you know that a 'half fit' Anderson is up to the task of a 100MPH Premiership game?..especially at our 'bogey ground'
I'm not saying he's not a potentially cracking player, but I don't think tonight's the right time to throw him in.

Tevez & Hargreaves should definitely start tonight...but I guess Nani will be on the bench.
Having said that I wouldn't be totally shocked if it was 'same again' from Sunday, with O'Shea & Fletcher in for Giggs & Wayne

Unread 15-08-2007, 02:10 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
They're not fit and ready yet. God, anyone would think we've had 6 weeks to prepare for the season to start, eh?

A point I've made. Pre-season is supposed to get your players fit and prepared for the season, not sell shirts in the far east and help out cash strapped lower league clubs. We have 3 or 4 players who are not fit to play in the first game, not injured, just not fit enough, that's bordering on disgraceful for me.

Unread 15-08-2007, 02:12 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91
So how do you know he can more than handle his own? dont get me wrong im not having a go (this time) but i dont think that 4 games is exactly comprehensive evidence that he can hold his own in our league without being match fit. Let alone replace Paul Scholes who you've been hammering since Sunday.
he went to the emirates last year and was possible the best player on the pitch.

if he can hold is own against arsenal im sure he can hold his own against muntari and co.

4 games added to the fact the club have commited to paying £17m for him eventually and the fact he is an international for brazil tells me somehow fratton park isnt below him...

ive been hammering paul scholes because his performances have not been good enough even from the back end of last season. no player should be untouchable because of his history at the club or we will become who are not going anywhere and will grow old together.

we bought anderson to replace scholes. we bought an international at a fee that will rise to £17m beating off the likes of chelsea and real madrid. its not like anderson is is that 9 year old we bought the other day.

Unread 15-08-2007, 02:15 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I'm not arguing with you mate, but how do you know that a 'half fit' Anderson is up to the task of a 100MPH Premiership game?..especially at our 'bogey ground'
I'm not saying he's not a potentially cracking player, but I don't think tonight's the right time to throw him in.

Tevez & Hargreaves should definitely start tonight...but I guess Nani will be on the bench.
Having said that I wouldn't be totally shocked if it was 'same again' from Sunday, with O'Shea & Fletcher in for Giggs & Wayne
100mph premiership game. ffs. you would think the premiership is some european superleague.

if portsmouth bought anderson he would be starting tonight and we would be like "we should have been in for him"

i dont see any reason why giggs should be on the pitch with nani on the bench.

i doubt giggs would keep nani out of the portugese starting line up.

Unread 15-08-2007, 02:24 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

did you see utd at porstmouth last season? they were £#%&!in shite. these so called seasoned professionals. nft.

Unread 15-08-2007, 02:44 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
everytime utd play fletcher and Silvestre, they should discount the fans £15, or have a free bar, or both. nft.
nft
Closed Thread