United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Harry Flashman

Default Re: The Zlatan Transfer Analysed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
There was an article I posted on here the other week from there, it was on Inter. Have a read of that one

The madness at Inter is the @#%&! they replaced Mourhinio with.

The supports going to go garrity as he turns a treble winning side into also rans.
I just hope he achives it within a season.

Unread 06-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Those numbers don't reflect the cost of Ibrahimovic, they show the cost of replacing Eto.

The cost of Ibra is his transfer fee + wages - selling price. So about €65m (if you believe the numbers he's used).

Still a monumental £#%&! up.
It is all covered in the full article, that is just part of it.

Unread 06-09-2010, 03:53 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Those numbers don't reflect the cost of Ibrahimovic, they show the cost of replacing Eto.

The cost of Ibra is his transfer fee + wages - selling price. So about €65m (if you believe the numbers he's used).

Still a monumental £#%&! up.
Not like you to argue against something explained in black and white

Unread 06-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Not like you to argue against something explained in black and white

Unread 06-09-2010, 06:12 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Aye, boring as £#%&! when you've made a @#%&! out of yourself but you're desperate to type when you think you're right. You dick.

Unread 06-09-2010, 06:16 PM
ziggyman17

the piece about madrid is good.. they always bang on about 'how the teams shirt sales pay for the transfers of there top players ' addidas admitted that both chelsea and liverpool sell more shirts than madrid,, only for the spanish goverment madrid would be £#%&!ed...

Unread 06-09-2010, 06:21 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
the piece about madrid is good.. they always bang on about 'how the teams shirt sales pay for the transfers of there top players ' addidas admitted that both chelsea and liverpool sell more shirts than madrid,, only for the spanish goverment madrid would be £#%&!ed...
Who has a shirt deal that would pay for even one top player? What's ours worth? It doesn't amount to much.

Unread 06-09-2010, 06:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Who has a shirt deal that would pay for even one top player? What's ours worth? It doesn't amount to much.
About 30m a season, isn't it?

Unread 06-09-2010, 07:01 PM
ScarFace

Lightbulb Re: The Zlatan Transfer Analysed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Dave, when is Fabregas signing for us again Dave? Dave will it be in Jan now Dave?

Dave?

Unread 06-09-2010, 07:19 PM
forzagarza

Good article but it ramblas on a bit.

Unread 06-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
There have also been conflicting reports on Ibrahimovic’s salary at Barcelona, but the figure that makes sense to me is €12 million after tax. As he benefited from the Beckham Law, where foreigners were taxed at 24% (instead of a 24-43% range), the club’s gross salary costs would have been around €15 million per annum.
So that's £200,000 a week after tax .

How much is Rooney's new deal worth, £130,000 a week? So that's £65,000 a week after tax. He'll be skint once Colleen divorces him.

Unread 06-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
About 30m a season, isn't it?
£20m - but £35m from the four-year deal that was taken upfront by the Glazers:

http://andersred.blogspot.com/2010/0...g-mystery.html

Unread 06-09-2010, 08:48 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: The Zlatan Transfer Analysed

One of my favourite blogs that (despite being written by an Arsenal fan!). Read that in slight amazement at work this morning. Love this bit:

Quote:
The money paid to Inter last year enabled them to buy a whole raft of top quality players, who were pivotal in their Champions League triumph, not least when they eliminated Barcelona in the semi finals. In exchange for Ibrahimovic, Inter got Eto’o and €50 million, which they used to buy Wesley Sneijder (€13.5 million), Diego Milito (€22.5 million), Thiago Motta (€9 million) and Lucio (€6 million).
That's 'value'

£#%&! know why Barcelona didn't just pay the €40 million Valencia wanted for Villa last summer. I like Zlat (one of those players you love watching for other peoples clubs ), think he's a terrific talent, but it was never going to work. Madness.

Unread 07-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Tumescent Throb

Barca may have lost tens of millions of euros by their CL exit, but they were one ref's decision away from the final with a late pen...

still, you've got to wonder whether it was in Ibrahimovic's contract that he had to play in those semis because he shouldn't have been anywhere near that team

Inter also flogged Barca Maxwell for about £4m didn't they...

Unread 07-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Sullingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdoe86
he isnt worth anything like the fees paid for him - id hate him at United!
me too Steph. Me too.

Unread 07-09-2010, 05:33 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullingtons
me too Steph. Me too.
who are all these characters? think i'll do a 'which newbie to ban' poll later on. my money's on steph tbh.

Unread 07-09-2010, 05:45 PM
S/Side.Red

It doesn't seem entirely fair to factor in the £10m Barca 'lost' by not reaching the Champions League final as part of the cost for signing Zlatan

Don't really understand why the Villa fee is included either, tbh.

Unread 07-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It doesn't seem entirely fair to factor in the £10m Barca 'lost' by not reaching the Champions League final as part of the cost for signing Zlatan

Perhaps because if the transfer had been a success, that money wouldnt have needed spending.

Not that it really needed including.

Unread 07-09-2010, 05:49 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Why not? It was Barca's money which bought Inters spine, who then eliminated them.

Unread 07-09-2010, 06:30 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Perhaps because if the transfer had been a success, that money wouldnt have needed spending.

Not that it really needed including.
Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Why not? It was Barca's money which bought Inters spine, who then eliminated them.
Just seems a bit ott to me. If you included all these aspects, such as wages, cost of replacement and success of selling team after the deal, you could probably blow most deals up to obscene numbers.

Overall, the Zlatan deal has been a financial £#%&!-up, which is the point of course, but I think this is overdoing it a little. I'm surprised they've not included the money lost from not competing at the Club World Championships in December in the Zlatan costs.
Closed Thread