United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-10-2014, 10:36 PM
General Woundwort

Thread's going round in circles. Should've ended at my post, which nailed it.

Unread 24-10-2014, 10:44 PM
barrington avenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Easily half of the Reds I encountered online, at matches, in pubs started to turn against Ronnie between the beginning of his second season and the Rooney shite.

Mostly older @#%&!s tbf.

the older @#%&!s thought he should stay on his feet while every defender in England was trying to kick him up in the air...Ronaldo packed in diving early on but the stigma stuck with him for a few years..

anyway,at this moment i cant see in the near future Januzaj becoming a regular starter...where as you always knew Ronaldo would be...19 or 20 years old isnt that young for a top player these days

Unread 24-10-2014, 10:49 PM
Ethers

If you listen to people on here pretty much all of them said Ronnie would be the best player in the world one day.

A nice rewriting of history, there were only a handful of us on RI who bothered sticking up for him tbf.

Adnan hasn't done half of what Ronaldo did in his first season btw.

Unread 24-10-2014, 10:50 PM
Al Bore

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Cheers Al
No probs.

Unread 24-10-2014, 10:59 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
If you listen to people on here pretty much all of them said Ronnie would be the best player in the world one day.

A nice rewriting of history, there were only a handful of us on RI who bothered sticking up for him tbf.

I actually did though, pal. And yep, as you say- lots of Ronnie doubters in the early days. Clueless £#%&!ers.

We'll wait and see on Janners. But he'll be a good 'en, nq.

Unread 24-10-2014, 11:17 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
I actually did though, pal. And yep, as you say- lots of Ronnie doubters in the early days. Clueless £#%&!ers.

We'll wait and see on Janners. But he'll be a good 'en, nq.
I believe you pal, you're a proven sage.

I loved Ronnie from day one, even without the 'end product' at first he was exciting as £#%&! to watch. Him and a young Rooney were the only bright spots in a pretty shitty team at the time.

That said, anyone who claims to have predicted he'd turn into a goal scorer like this is lying.

I hope I'm wrong on Janners, but I'm not sold on him yet. He undoubtedly has something, but I'm not sure we'll see the best of him at United.

Unread 24-10-2014, 11:24 PM
marlo

Quote:

one of ronnies biggest supporters was me.

said he was gonna go onto the best player we might ever see.

Unread 24-10-2014, 11:26 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
one of ronnies biggest supporters was me.

said he was gonna go onto the best player we might ever see.
Confirmed.

Unread 24-10-2014, 11:48 PM
wonky no

Quote:
I believe you pal, you're a proven sage.

I loved Ronnie from day one, even without the 'end product' at first he was exciting as £#%&! to watch. Him and a young Rooney were the only bright spots in a pretty shitty team at the time.

That said, anyone who claims to have predicted he'd turn into a goal scorer like this is lying.

I hope I'm wrong on Janners, but I'm not sold on him yet. He undoubtedly has something, but I'm not sure we'll see the best of him at United.
It was all about Ronaldinho. Ronnie wasn't given a chance on RI because he was seen as a cheap alternative. The %@#$&!s on Ronnie though when he came on v Bolton.

Unread 25-10-2014, 12:02 AM
Crumps

Quote:

Friendly fire?

Unread 25-10-2014, 12:05 AM
armchair

I remember people complaining about ronnie taking all the freekicks. He was hated.

If Janners had real pace then he'd have a chance of being great but he doesn't.

Unread 25-10-2014, 12:09 AM
woody78

Januzaj is class imo . Not the quickest but has a great weight of pass and an eye for goal .
His form will come back NQAT

Unread 25-10-2014, 12:12 AM
Al Bore

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
Januzaj is class imo . Not the quickest but has a great weight of pass and an eye for goal .
His form will come back NQAT
I bet you used to say Nani and Anderson were brilliant?

Gnabry at Arsenal was the best youngster in the premier league last season, has he died?

Unread 25-10-2014, 12:13 AM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bore
I bet you used to say Nani and Anderson were brilliant?

Gnabry at Arsenal was the best youngster in the premier league last season, has he died?
Shut up you stupid @#%&!

Unread 25-10-2014, 12:17 AM
Al Bore

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
Shut up you stupid @#%&!

Unread 25-10-2014, 05:11 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I remember people complaining about ronnie taking all the freekicks. He was hated.

If Janners had real pace then he'd have a chance of being great but he doesn't.
He doesn't have the kind of speed that burns past people, but he does have a deceptive change of pace that can kill over two or three yards. Sometimes not having blistering speed forces a player to develop an all round game. Silva is not the quickest, nor is Messi. If he applies himself and is dedicated to his profession, Ronaldo rather than Anderson, he will be a tidy player.

Unread 25-10-2014, 06:37 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon_terry

Think we need to define "one of Europe's best" playing in a top team makes you pretty elite (comparatively) or are we saying top five like a ronaldo ?

Unread 25-10-2014, 08:47 AM
Zorg

Some of the arguments I had about Ronaldo ten years ago. :shakehead:
Some people just hate flair players. Too stressful or something.

Unread 25-10-2014, 09:10 AM
MUFC One Love

Quite clearly has let the hype around him go to his head. Begging him to stay last season didn't help. He will barely play with the attitude he is showing.

Unread 25-10-2014, 10:30 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

On performance he's shite, no objectivity in here. Either he gets the games to improve and we put up with below the level we need or get him on loan.
Closed Thread