United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-02-2017, 10:30 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I was absolutely buzzing to get back in the CL last time, but the whole thing was absolutely shite from start to finish.

Now much of that was down to the state of the club at the time, but I do tend to think Keith might be on to something here, and that there really isn't much point in the CL if you're only good enough to scrape 4th
But aren't we expecting to improve? We wouldn't be good enough to win it this season, but why not next? We're expecting a title challenge after all.

For me it's just a buzz being involved, even when it's not going well. Last year I think we thought we were going through until the 5th game when it went a bit pear-shaped. It was a disaster in the end, but tbh I get nothing from the Europa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
If you don't win the league the only achievement left is top 4 surely? Only 1 from the fabled 'top 6' can win the league it doesn't make the other 5 teams 'small' imo. Just natural peaks n troughs
Didn't say it did. But having the '4th place or winning a cup' debate is definitely below United. Or should be. Might have to get used to it.

Unread 14-02-2017, 12:23 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
But aren't we expecting to improve? We wouldn't be good enough to win it this season, but why not next? We're expecting a title challenge after all.

For me it's just a buzz being involved, even when it's not going well. Last year I think we thought we were going through until the 5th game when it went a bit pear-shaped. It was a disaster in the end, but tbh I get nothing from the Europa.

Didn't say it did. But having the '4th place or winning a cup' debate is definitely below United. Or should be. Might have to get used to it.
Europa league only gets good around the quarter final stage

Would really like to win it this year tbh

For a start it's the only trophy we still haven't won as a club (although I would prefer if it was still called the UEFA Cup)
Also since the European Cup final in 2011 we have been absolutely appalling in Europe and we need to get a winning mentality back in European football (especially away from home)

Unread 14-02-2017, 03:41 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
In this era of post-truth politics, an unhesitating liar can be king. The more brazen his dishonesty, the less he minds being caught with his pants on fire, the more he can prosper. And those pedants still hung up on facts and evidence and all that boring stuff are left for dust.
But the liars are found out eventually

Unread 14-02-2017, 03:50 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
But the liars are found out eventually

You still one of these that believe the world is fair and bad / good people eventually get what they deserve? Wouldn't that be lovely.

Even if they seem to get away with it all in 'life' God will hunt them down in the after life and make sure they spend eternity in hell, I would love to believe that. Unfortunately its the no 1 rule I drill into my kids, don't be expecting life to be fair! it took me years to realise that it isn't the cosby show and the meek don't inherit the earth

Unread 14-02-2017, 03:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well, this has been a disappointingly easy stroll in the park for the berts. We can only hope that Jay-zoos has broken his £#%&!ing foot.
Well, what'd ya know.

Unread 14-02-2017, 04:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well, what'd ya know.
But as you said elsewhere, Pep's "secret sauce" will likely have him back in a few weeks

Unread 14-02-2017, 04:23 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr kaboom

metatarsal there.
Kaboom!

Unread 14-02-2017, 05:14 PM
Crumps

Would love to win the Europa then we have got the set. Will finish in the top 3 with 2 cups I reckon.

Unread 14-02-2017, 05:17 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Would love to win the Europa then we have got the set. Will finish in the top 3 with 2 cups I reckon.
Agreed. 2 of Tottenham, Arsenal and the dippers to miss out on top 4.
Closed Thread