United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-06-2008, 01:52 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
I recorded it so don't tell me the score, but what did mascherano do to anderson?
I'll keep sctum...........but not worth watching if you want to see any goals

Unread 19-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Blagger

so what was it a bad challenge?

Unread 19-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Blagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
I'll keep sctum...........but not worth watching if you want to see any goals
wasn't expecting a goal fest really.

Unread 19-06-2008, 03:00 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
You got a link for that story saf?

Some scouse @#%&! in another office thinks this is hilarious, as his constant emails keep informing me. I swear I might just go round and cave his £#%&!ing head in, the @#%&!

Oh, any pictures of our Ando lifting the European Cup would be most welcome
http://www.clicrbs.com.br/especiais/...=&uf=1&local=1

The Brasil doctor says he doesn't think it's serious, but obviously can't be sure until they do a scan today. What chance someone in England started the talk of him doing his cruciate. As already said, he didn't look in enough pain for it to be a serious ligament injury. Guess we'll have to wait and see, though.

Unread 19-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Serenity Now

My favourite part of the match was when the whole stadium broke out into a chorus of "Goodbye, Dunga!" and the commentator says something like "the Brazilian fans are really trying to get behind their team now."

Unread 19-06-2008, 03:04 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
My favourite part of the match was when the whole stadium broke out into a chorus of "Goodbye, Dunga!" and the commentator says something like "the Brazilian fans are really trying to get behind their team now."

Was the second half much good? I fell asleep and only woke up to see Messi nearly win it at the end.

Unread 19-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Serenity Now

Also enjoyed how they were pretending that they had actually flown Don Goodman over to Belo Horizonte. "We understand that your picture is breaking up a bit at home." "The atmosphere is surprisingly flat here in the Mineirão." Etc.

Unread 19-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Was the second half much good? I fell asleep and only woke up to see Messi nearly win it at the end.
Well, it was better than the first. Argentina really pressed for the win, but were let down by some very slack finishing.

Unread 19-06-2008, 03:19 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Also enjoyed how they were pretending that they had actually flown Don Goodman over to Belo Horizonte. "We understand that your picture is breaking up a bit at home." "The atmosphere is surprisingly flat here in the Mineirão." Etc.
They always do that on Sky. It's a little harder to believe when the picture goes but you can still hear the commentator finishing his sentence as clear as day.

Why don't they just admit it - they're sat in the next room. On the Spanish football, they even sometimes get Gerry Armstrong in to do the half time analysis. "Gerry has made his way down from the commentary position to join us in the studio" In other words, he's popped in from next door.

Unread 19-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Why don't they just admit it - they're sat in the next room. On the Spanish football, they even sometimes get Gerry Armstrong in to do the half time analysis. "Gerry has made his way down from the commentary position to join us in the studio" In other words, he's popped in from next door.

Unread 19-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
fouled him id assume.
A safe assumption normally, but that's not really what happened. Anderson actually caused it, he ran across the back of Mascherano's legs and they got tangled up and fell. I can't remember which way the ref gave the foul, but we can't blame this one on Mascherano.

Unread 19-06-2008, 04:14 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
A safe assumption normally, but that's not really what happened. Anderson actually caused it, he ran across the back of Mascherano's legs and they got tangled up and fell. I can't remember which way the ref gave the foul, but we can't blame this one on Mascherano.
Is he likely to be out for the Olympics now? Every cloud etc..

Unread 19-06-2008, 11:07 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
You got a link for that story saf?

Some scouse @#%&! in another office thinks this is hilarious, as his constant emails keep informing me. I swear I might just go round and cave his £#%&!ing head in, the @#%&!

Oh, any pictures of our Ando lifting the European Cup would be most welcome
watermarked unfortunately but you can't ask for a better shot

Closed Thread