Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-11-2015, 02:00 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Mata in midfield
Attacking midfield role

He's wouldn't be given free role as a number 10 would but he'd still be allowed to get up and support the front 3
He's shown he can work hard while playing his wide role so I don't see it as a huge problem

If Herrera was fit he would definitely be in ahead of him

Unread 27-11-2015, 02:29 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I think we need to move away from playing only 2 deep midfielders and a number 10 ahead of them
We look much better balanced with only one holding deep lying midfielder and 2 advanced attacking midfielders

I'd also go with Blind and Young as our full backs as we badly need some attacking quality from the full back positions to give our front 3 some support and Darmian and Rojo either can't or just won't do that
we'd look better with a defensive midfielder, a couple of dynamic midfielders and an attacking midfielder who can run, pass and, if necessary, tackle. since we don't have any wingers (except young, who doesn't play there). we seem constantly overloaded with attacking players not playing their natural game. putting mata in any kind of midfield role is not going to help.

Unread 27-11-2015, 02:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Attacking midfield role

He's wouldn't be given free role as a number 10 would but he'd still be allowed to get up and support the front 3
He's shown he can work hard while playing his wide role so I don't see it as a huge problem

If Herrera was fit he would definitely be in ahead of him
Forgotten about Leicester trapping him with the ball, robbing him and running away from him with consummate ease for the 4th or 5th goal last season?

An utter liability in high tempo games away from home anywhere, but especially in midfield.

Unread 27-11-2015, 02:38 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we'd look better with a defensive midfielder, a couple of dynamic midfielders and an attacking midfielder who can run, pass and, if necessary, tackle. since we don't have any wingers (except young, who doesn't play there). we seem constantly overloaded with attacking players not playing their natural game. putting mata in any kind of midfield role is not going to help.
I'd like to see 433 or at least revert to it to switch things up rather than throwing on captain clownfeet.

Unread 27-11-2015, 02:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I'd like to see 433 or at least revert to it to switch things up rather than throwing on captain clownfeet.
Think Rooney's probably going to start mate..

Unread 27-11-2015, 03:55 PM
sa7

11 @#%&!s and a ball

Unread 28-11-2015, 12:59 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
11 @#%&!s and a ball
just when is Pop gonna come back anyhow

Unread 28-11-2015, 01:03 AM
ScarFace

does it matter anymore?