United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-08-2022, 11:49 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
This window has been a farce, let's not pretend otherwise.

But £15m for Garner is about right.
Not sure how spending £220 million on players we desperately need is a farce tbh and I’m the pessimistic one

We should be used to all the noise now and just be happy that we’re making positive steps. Garner was never going to make it here.

Unread 31-08-2022, 11:51 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
How has it been a farce? We’ve signed Martinez, Malacia, Eriksen, Antony, Cass and there’s possibly another incoming. Certainly beats the Summer of Maguire.

It has for people who get caught up in paper bullshit

Why isn't frenkie here yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Not sure how spending £220 million on players we desperately need is a farce tbh and I’m the pessimistic one

We should be used to all the noise now and just be happy that we’re making positive steps. Garner was never going to make it here.
Vedders out here making me agree with bellers

Unread 31-08-2022, 11:51 AM
Ethers

“farce noun (SITUATION)
: [ C ]
a ridiculous situation or event, or something considered a waste of time”

Lok nailing it as per.

Unread 31-08-2022, 12:00 PM
flixton

Bear in mind that he's played for Forest for the last two years and they aren't signing him. They have signed 17 other players though.

Unread 31-08-2022, 12:00 PM
puressence

Quote:
How has it been a farce? We’ve signed Martinez, Malacia, Eriksen, Antony, Cass and there’s possibly another incoming. Certainly beats the Summer of Maguire.
you missed frenkie //oh wait he didnt arrive you massive @#%&!

Unread 31-08-2022, 12:05 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Don’t think you should be calling anyone else massive buddy. Stick to what you’re good at and jog on whilst pretending you’re “itk” you illiterate gobshite.

Unread 31-08-2022, 12:45 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Quote:
Don’t think you should be calling anyone else massive buddy. Stick to what you’re good at and jog on whilst pretending you’re “itk” you illiterate gobshite.
good place this

Unread 31-08-2022, 12:50 PM
Bunker Buster

Utter farce.....

Garner isn't good enough for man United and never will be....

Unread 31-08-2022, 12:53 PM
Dasilvatwins

15 million is decent for him. Ten hag will know midfielders , there’s no point keeping him and letting him go in a free or worse offering him a new deal down the line when he has played less than 10 matches for the club.

If the players aren’t good enough cut your losses and bin them. 15 million is a decent amount . We know the recruitment isn’t the best but it’s a start. It’s going to take some time (and the right direction) to get it done.

Unread 31-08-2022, 01:20 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Utter farce.....

Garner isn't good enough for man United and never will be....
Sadly this. I had high hopes but watched him a fair few times last season for forest and while he's got a lovely dead ball and likes a tackle, he didn't stand out that much. That Welsh lad Johnson was way more impressive. The suggestion that Garner had an outstanding season in the Championship simply isn't true.

Isn't he a scouser anyway? best move for him.

Unread 31-08-2022, 01:30 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Sadly this. I had high hopes but watched him a fair few times last season for forest and while he's got a lovely dead ball and likes a tackle, he didn't stand out that much. That Welsh lad Johnson was way more impressive. The suggestion that Garner had an outstanding season in the Championship simply isn't true.

Worse he's a wool, Birkenhead....

Good riddance.

Unread 31-08-2022, 01:35 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

This. He was alright when I saw him last season tbf, nothing special though. Whenever he’s played for United, albeit very few occasions, he’s looked miles away.

Unread 31-08-2022, 01:36 PM
puressence

Quote:
makes no sense ..youve been preaching for 3 months waiting for the scarf shot cos as you put it your ITK you fraud ..

Unread 31-08-2022, 01:37 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
makes no sense ..youve been preaching for 3 months waiting for the scarf shot cos as you put it your ITK you fraud ..
“U ok hun?”

Unread 31-08-2022, 01:37 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
This. He was alright when I saw him last season tbf, nothing special though. Whenever he’s played for United, albeit very few occasions, he’s looked miles away.
We overhype these kids because we’re so desperate for them to come good. There’s nothing quite like unearthing a talent and having them break through, so we hang on any signs we can.

If he wasn’t on loan to Forest and you saw him playing for them, you wouldn’t notice him and certainly wouldn’t want him.

Unread 31-08-2022, 01:39 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Worse he's a wool, Birkenhead....

Good riddance.
you dont like him cos hes a bit of a maverick

Unread 31-08-2022, 01:41 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
We overhype these kids because we’re so desperate for them to come good. There’s nothing quite like unearthing a talent and having them break through, so we hang on any signs we can.

If he wasn’t on loan to Forest and you saw him playing for them, you wouldn’t notice him and certainly wouldn’t want him.
If he can’t break ahead of mcfred then he’s not good enough. There’s one thing trying to get into a CM of scholes and carrick, another not breaking into a central midfield that doesn’t exist.

The only “surprise” would be ETH is talking about numbers and we now have three CMs going into the season? Mcfred and Casemiro.

Two injuries and they are £#%&!ed. I don’t think he fancies VDB as a CM and Eriksen is limited there, much better forward. Mejbri has also gone on loan. Either he trusts the fitness of the current midfield or we may get to see more of savage /iqbal in the Europa league

Unread 31-08-2022, 02:15 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
you dont like him cos hes a bit of a maverick
And not a ‘proper’ scouser.

Unread 31-08-2022, 02:44 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

I haven't really seen enough of him to know whether he is stand out good or not. If not, then £15m isn't bad for a 21yo lad who may well end up not playing first team for utd and I would have thought ETH has a good look and decided not.

Good luck to him, hope he does well. The league used to be full of homegrowns who couldn't quite cut it at utd, which is actually a sign of the strength of the football club.

Unread 31-08-2022, 02:46 PM
Joe Biden

15m is about 5m to much. He's a punt a best. From what I've seen he's more suited to the championship than PL.

Good business.
Closed Thread