United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-08-2022, 10:40 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Yep fair point. Big gamble from Forest I suppose.
Much bigger club and the stadium is three times the size, if thats makes any difference at all

Unread 30-08-2022, 11:19 AM
Joe Biden

Wonder if they'll give ole Gunner a call

Unread 30-08-2022, 11:23 AM
rubbernecker

Is anyone safe from Putin ?

Unread 30-08-2022, 11:37 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker

Is anyone safe from Putin ?
Every other manager who wore the same badge over the weekend?

Unread 30-08-2022, 12:03 PM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Yep. People are having a go at Forest but you can't blame them - they know they only just about scraped into the premier league and have one chance at gaining a foothold instead of going straight back down, so they're throwing everything at it.
Bournemouth obviously aren't that bothered and I suspect Parker probably told the board they've got no chance of staying up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Some clubs know they’re better off spending £#%&! all and doing a bit of Yo-Yo-ing, taking a year of TV money and the Parachute payments a few times before having a go at staying up. West Brom for instance.
Good points, both.

I know which type of club I'd rather support / manage. After the graft of getting to the PL, you have to ask 'what's the £#%&!ing point?' if you refuse to invest to meet the step-up in standards. I wouldn't want to be the fall guy for that shite. (Same goes for finishing 4th & qualifying for Big Cup.)

If any set of fans know the answer, it's us. This is a big part of why I no longer have a ST, rarely to go games at OT and prefer non-league.

I'm not a fan of Scott Tracey but the tone of that club statement grates on me and he's better off not having to front up for that @#%&!ing owner.

Unread 30-08-2022, 12:21 PM
jem

saying he was sacked for his honesty is a bit like complaining that you got slapped for your honesty.

Unread 30-08-2022, 01:22 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
saying he was sacked for his honesty is a bit like complaining that you got slapped for your honesty.

Unread 30-08-2022, 02:00 PM
Fat Al

Forest owner also owns Olympiakos doesn't he?

Unread 30-08-2022, 03:32 PM
Neo

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Deserves to be sacked for that cardigan alone, tbh. The £#%&! is that?

Certainly not an item that would grace Marlo's fashion thread IMO.

Unread 30-08-2022, 04:03 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Deserves to be sacked for that cardigan alone, tbh. The £#%&! is that?

Certainly not an item that would grace Marlo's fashion thread IMO.
That item will set you back £1320 young Neo should you wish to acquire it. Thom Browne's schooldays indeed.

Unread 30-08-2022, 04:08 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
That item will set you back £1320 young Neo should you wish to acquire it. Thom Browne's schooldays indeed.
For real? It looks like the kind of thing you could pick up for £20 in Topman circa 2007.

Unread 30-08-2022, 04:59 PM
Street Magician

For £13.20 Big Marlo would slap himself!

Unread 30-08-2022, 10:54 PM
red in cumbria

Getting beat 9-0 is always terrible, but its just not acceptable to lose that badly this early in the season - the Dundee United manager also got canned today I see.

Parker may be right to some extent at how the club is run, but he was rather clumsy in expressing it as well - looked like excuse making.
Closed Thread