United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-08-2022, 08:50 AM
dunk

Exclamation Scotty ‘Scott’ Parker wins the sack race

Tremendous effort and competitive spirit from the lad nqat.

Unread 30-08-2022, 08:53 AM
Mr_Ed

Absolute joke.

Back to McDonalds adds for you then.

Unread 30-08-2022, 09:05 AM
20LEgend1999

Sean Dyche would be my choice.

Unread 30-08-2022, 09:13 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Sean Dyche would be my choice.
good shout....

has Parker actually done much as a manager? he blends in with the rest of the young, English, wide-boy managers you see these days for me...

Unread 30-08-2022, 09:14 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
good shout....

has Parker actually done much as a manager? he blends in with the rest of the young, English, wide-boy managers you see these days for me...
Got Fulham and Bournemouth promoted tbf.

Unread 30-08-2022, 09:17 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Got Fulham and Bournemouth promoted tbf.
fair enough.... my memory is shocking with this stuff....

regardless - that result was never going to help....

Unread 30-08-2022, 09:20 AM
Seamus

4 games in and they sack him.

he set his team up totally wrong against the scousers but to sack him is a joke

Unread 30-08-2022, 09:20 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
fair enough.... my memory is shocking with this stuff....

regardless - that result was never going to help....
No, but 1 win and 3 defeats from Villa, City(a), Arsenal and Liverpool(a) in the first 3 weeks of the season or whatever it is, isn’t the end of the World.

I reckon his subbies about transfers and the squad have cost him, as Sparky mentioned, he basically told the players they’re shit and gave them an excuse to lose

Unread 30-08-2022, 09:22 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus

surely something's gone on around the last game - 9-0.... something can't have be right. You could field a team from on here and it wouldn't do much worse. even with me in nets.

Unread 30-08-2022, 09:26 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus

He's pretty much been slagging the board off for weeks about not getting the backing. If they aren't going to spend any more and he doesn't think he can get a tune out of them then they have to get rid. Otherwise they are a certainty for relegation.

Unread 30-08-2022, 09:36 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
He's pretty much been slagging the board off for weeks about not getting the backing. If they aren't going to spend any more and he doesn't think he can get a tune out of them then they have to get rid. Otherwise they are a certainty for relegation.
He was bitching before a ball was kicked that the squad wasn't good enough. Must have done wonders for morale.

Still, i can sympathise to a degree when he looks over at Forest and they're signing 19 bloody players.

Unread 30-08-2022, 09:42 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He was bitching before a ball was kicked that the squad wasn't good enough. Must have done wonders for morale.

Still, i can sympathise to a degree when he looks over at Forest and they're signing 19 bloody players.
Yep. People are having a go at Forest but you can't blame them - they know they only just about scraped into the premier league and have one chance at gaining a foothold instead of going straight back down, so they're throwing everything at it.
Bournemouth obviously aren't that bothered and I suspect Parker probably told the board they've got no chance of staying up.

Unread 30-08-2022, 10:03 AM
Finport Red

Can’t believe they’ve sacked him. Talksport were only talking the other day about how smartly dressed he was.

Madness. RIP scotty

Unread 30-08-2022, 10:06 AM
Dr Stranger

Yeah more to it than just results, I reckon. Basically been calling them out for weeks and can’t help the dressing room when he’s saying they can’t compete at this level.

He’s just preserved himself for sure here.

Unread 30-08-2022, 10:06 AM
shenwen

Feels like he tried to call the bluff of the board and it didn't work out. Bye.

Unread 30-08-2022, 10:11 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Yep. People are having a go at Forest but you can't blame them - they know they only just about scraped into the premier league and have one chance at gaining a foothold instead of going straight back down, so they're throwing everything at it.
Bournemouth obviously aren't that bothered and I suspect Parker probably told the board they've got no chance of staying up.
Some clubs know they’re better off spending £#%&! all and doing a bit of Yo-Yo-ing, taking a year of TV money and the Parachute payments a few times before having a go at staying up. West Brom for instance.

Unread 30-08-2022, 10:12 AM
Dr Stranger

Yet another utterly shite English manager that everyone got way to excited about way too soon.

Shit player too. Silly little thunderbird puppet.

Unread 30-08-2022, 10:26 AM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yet another utterly shite English manager that everyone got way to excited about way too soon.
I don't remember everyone doing this and refuse to believe anyone has ever been excited about Scott Parker, including friends and family.

Unread 30-08-2022, 10:33 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yeah more to it than just results, I reckon. Basically been calling them out for weeks and can’t help the dressing room when he’s saying they can’t compete at this level.

He’s just preserved himself for sure here.
Jammy get...

Unread 30-08-2022, 10:34 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Some clubs know they’re better off spending £#%&! all and doing a bit of Yo-Yo-ing, taking a year of TV money and the Parachute payments a few times before having a go at staying up. West Brom for instance.
Yep fair point. Big gamble from Forest I suppose.
Closed Thread