United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-10-2010, 11:36 AM
tony tabletop

Default Re: Scouse derby + Bitters v B'pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Anything they win is hollow, it doesnt really bother me. You can see it in the faces of Chelsea fans whenever there's banter, tell them its all hollow and due to Russian money and you can see in their face they agree, deep down.

City will always be a joke, £400m spent and theyre not even in the champions league let alone being title winners. They should have won a league by now with that sort of investment. But they wont until they get rid of Gary #@&%! and Mankini.
Give over, who you trying to convince? The fact they've won it with blood money makes it even more painful coupled with the media £#%&!fest.

Nobody gives a shit how it's won, trust me.

Unread 18-10-2010, 11:38 AM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony tabletop
Give over, who you trying to convince? The fact they've won it with blood money makes it even more painful coupled with the media £#%&!fest.

Genuinely mate, not trying to convince anyone.

Arsenal and Liverpool ever being near the title genuinely frightens me and i'd be seriously pissed off if they won.

Just dont feel the same way with these manufactured new money clubs...

Unread 18-10-2010, 11:38 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony tabletop

Oh, but deep down - deep, deep down - they do.

There is one thing that ciddy will never, ever, ever have - and that is class

Unread 18-10-2010, 11:40 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
They say that we had all those titles handed to us because of the Sky money.

That money was potentially available to them as well, in fact as one of the original Premier League teams they agitated for it.
exactly. i must have missed the part where united got money that nobody else was able to get.

the cash injection united got was when we went to plc in 1991, which was an injection of cash from a change of ownership and, though it doesn't look like a huge amount of money today, that enabled us to expand the stadium, increase commercial revenue and take advantage of the later influx of tv money, which was disproportionally doled out to the top clubs. but, again, this was a move which was open to any club and united was not the first club to go public. and united's success was not built on sudden world record signings or astronomical wages but on canny buys (cantona) and an unrivalled youth setup. and the best manager in the world.

Unread 18-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Zorg

Let's be honest, even if and when siddy do win something, we've had a great innings. If someone had told me after the 5-1 that we'd spend almost all of the next 20 years laughing our £#%&!ing dicks off at citeh's brilliant antics whilst United won doubles and trebles, I'd have taken it. And I get the feeling the comedy show hasn't finished yet.

Unread 18-10-2010, 11:42 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Now that we're on the slide and City look decent "football is dead"
some of us have been saying it for a wee bit longer than that

Unread 18-10-2010, 11:46 AM
tony tabletop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Let's be honest, even if and when siddy do win something, we've had a great innings. If someone had told me after the 5-1 that we'd spend almost all of the next 20 years laughing our £#%&!ing dicks off at citeh's brilliant antics whilst United won doubles and trebles, I'd have taken it. And I get the feeling the comedy show hasn't finished yet.
Very true, let's hope so. They haven't got rid of the Gypsies curse to my knowledge.

Unread 18-10-2010, 11:53 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Now that we're on the slide and City look decent "football is dead"
In a remotely sane and just world, neither what has happened to us *or* ciddy would have been in the first place. It is because it has, that football is - if not dead - then distinctly peaky.

Nft.

Unread 18-10-2010, 11:54 AM
borsuk

Quote:
There's a bit more to it than that.

A lot of the cash injection didn't actually increase revenues, it went on converting OT to all-seater because of the Taylor report. Thing was, that was an expense that was forced on everybody, so it gave us a bit of a head start that our conversion was already paid for.

And we have bought big. It's not like our squad was all assembled on a wing and a prayer. Dwight Yorke, Rio Ferdinand, Dimitar Berbatov, hell, even Wayne Rooney himself were all huge money signings however you look at it.

But the point is, we were making good use of that money. Now we're flushing it down the drain.
yes, that's what i said - the plc money went on the stadium etc. we bought, but we didn't suddenly change the way we spent - in the atkinson years we'd broken transfer records. the point is that (a) what we did was open to anybody and (b) we continued to operate within our means.

Unread 18-10-2010, 12:04 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
yes, that's what i said - the plc money went on the stadium etc. we bought, but we didn't suddenly change the way we spent - in the atkinson years we'd broken transfer records. the point is that (a) what we did was open to anybody and (b) we continued to operate within our means.
True dat.

Then again, they're operating within their means. All the money they're spending has been given to them.

IF it stopped tomorrow they'd be £#%&!ed. But that's another story.

Unread 18-10-2010, 12:10 PM
borsuk

Quote:
True dat.

Then again, they're operating within their means. All the money they're spending has been given to them.

IF it stopped tomorrow they'd be £#%&!ed. But that's another story.
they're operating within the sheik's means. it's incredibly tacky, i was saying the same thing about chelsea years ago, i honestly don't know how any genuine fan can welcome their club becoming some zillionaire's plaything.

Unread 18-10-2010, 12:13 PM
andyroo

They've been shit for a long time, they know they've been shit for a long time. I don't blame them.

I don't blame them for laughing at us either. It IS a joke.

I just hope it comes back to bite them in the arse.

Unread 18-10-2010, 12:13 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
some of us have been saying it for a wee bit longer than that
Some were saying it after Trevor Francis moved for a million quid. Others when the maximum wage was abolished. But it didn’t die then and it’s not dead now (just £#%&!ed up). When city are cleaning up while we’re being asset stripped, calling their success “hollow” will be very small comfort, to me at least.

Unread 18-10-2010, 12:18 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Some were saying it after Trevor Francis moved for a million quid. Others when the maximum wage was abolished. But it didn’t die then and it’s not dead now (just £#%&!ed up). When city are cleaning up while we’re being asset stripped, calling their success “hollow” will be very small comfort, to me at least.
and to me. doesn't make it any less true though.

Unread 18-10-2010, 12:49 PM
MagnificentSeven

let's hope for their sake the part time glory hunters start turning up to the council house by 2012 or they're £#%&!ed.

Unread 18-10-2010, 01:33 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
let's hope for their sake the part time glory hunters start turning up to the council house by 2012 or they're £#%&!ed.
Let's not.

And more importantly let's hope someone invents a practical alternative source of energy. THEN THEY'RE PROPER £#%&!ED.

Unread 18-10-2010, 01:46 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Let's not.

And more importantly let's hope someone invents a practical alternative source of energy. THEN THEY'RE PROPER £#%&!ED.

i wasn't being fully serious when i said "let's hope"

but if their fans don't start turning up, and if their owners don't increase the prices of tickets, then their sugar daddy sheikh could have as much money as he likes and there will be nothing he can do about it

of course, by then they could have an established squad but we'll worry about that if it happens...

Unread 18-10-2010, 04:44 PM
£#%&! KFC

I take it the MEN has run an editorial condemning the Divs for Munich-ing it up again yesterday on TV.............thought not
Closed Thread