United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-10-2008, 10:22 PM
rebelcountyred

Thumbs up darron gibson to start

for ireland tomorrow night, best of luck to the lad.

Unread 14-10-2008, 10:24 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Yup.

Unread 14-10-2008, 10:28 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

I wonder if I could get a call up for Brazil?

Unread 14-10-2008, 10:30 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver

Unread 14-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Pudge_Bear

Is he as good as David Jones?

Unread 14-10-2008, 10:38 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge_Bear
Is he as good as David Jones?
liked david jones, i'd say that gibson has a slightly better chance of making it in the premiership and ireland isn't exactly overflowing with quality midfielders so its a good opportunity for him.

Unread 14-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Pudge_Bear

I do worry about these 21/22 year olds that Fergie mentions for about 4 years as promising young players but then we never see them. It's not like he is afraid of throwing these players in if he thinks they are good enough. Hope the lad does well, but what is he still doing at Manchester United. You'd think if he had anything about him he would have left by now.

Unread 14-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Terry Silver

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Ireland still has a football team?

Good on them, I say.

Unread 14-10-2008, 11:14 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge_Bear
I do worry about these 21/22 year olds that Fergie mentions for about 4 years as promising young players but then we never see them. It's not like he is afraid of throwing these players in if he thinks they are good enough. Hope the lad does well, but what is he still doing at Manchester United. You'd think if he had anything about him he would have left by now.
I agree with this.

Unread 14-10-2008, 11:26 PM
carlosartorial

Thumbs up

I think the plan is to hang around as long as possible in the hope you become Darren Fletcher.

Unread 15-10-2008, 08:59 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
I'm afraid two things work against you here Bryan. First you're not good enough, second you're not Brazilian.

Unread 15-10-2008, 09:01 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyuiop
I agree with this.
So do I.

If a player hasn't made it by the age of 20, generally, they won't make it at the club. FACT.

Unread 15-10-2008, 09:05 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I'm afraid two things work against you here Bryan. First you're not good enough, second you're not Brazilian.
Right! But Gibson isn't Irish but it doesn't stop him playing for Ireland, with the good friday agreement they really should have either scrapped the NI team or stopped footballers deciding to play for the RoI on the basis that they have a passport because of it.

Unread 15-10-2008, 09:10 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Right! But Gibson isn't Irish but it doesn't stop him playing for Ireland, with the good friday agreement they really should have either scrapped the NI team or stopped footballers deciding to play for the RoI on the basis that they have a passport because of it.
He is Irish though. If you're born in NI you're automatically entitled to Irish citizenship. I know it sounds absurb to you but that's the way it goes.
I know you think it's just the same as you declaring you're Brazilian, but will the Brazilian government grant you citizenship?

Unread 15-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Ginners

gibson is shit.

Unread 15-10-2008, 09:21 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
gibson is shit.
He is going to the next best thing according to some on here.

He is so good, JOS gets picked ahead of him in midfield.

Unread 15-10-2008, 09:24 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
He is Irish though. If you're born in NI you're automatically entitled to Irish citizenship. I know it sounds absurb to you but that's the way it goes.
I know you think it's just the same as you declaring you're Brazilian, but will the Brazilian government grant you citizenship?
My original point stands about the NI team being scrapped though, He is from Londonderry as are his parents and grandparents, there are few enough people in NI in the first place is half of them can flounce off and play for a country they don't come from what is the point in having the team. It works in the rugby right enough, have a united Ireland football team is what I say!

Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
gibson is shit.
I agree with this. Anonymous on the pitch when I saw him.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
He is going to the next best thing according to some on here.

:
Well he certainly had the ability, just not the mentality perhaps.

Unread 15-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
My original point stands about the NI team being scrapped though, He is from Londonderry as are his parents and grandparents, there are few enough people in NI in the first place is half of them can flounce off and play for a country they don't come from what is the point in having the team. It works in the rugby right enough, have a united Ireland football team is what I say!
I agree with the last bit but the Unionists object for some reason.
Closed Thread