United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > MUFC Tickets and Travel
Closed Thread

Unread 18-07-2014, 01:20 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
How the £#%&! is walking quicker than getting a taxi. I'm sat here seething to £#%&!ing death
If there was no other people around and it wasn't match day and the same number of taxis were waiting at the ford clock it would obviously be the quickest...

But you're not looking at the situation, if he doesn't leave V early walking is the quickest option...

(Glad you're seething by the pool discussing MCR transport)

Unread 18-07-2014, 01:21 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
(If leaving early isn't an option)
This is the key point here.

If he's the kind of mongo who insists on staying til he's cheered the lads of the pitch, singing his little heart out in his jester's hat then walking (with a limp and sweating profusely) is definitely the way to go.

If he's in any way sensible he will duck out with 5 mins to go and jump a cab on Salford bridge/get the tram.

I think we can all agree on this, right?

Unread 18-07-2014, 01:21 PM
believe

Quote:
If there was no other people around and it wasn't match day and the same number of taxis were waiting at the ford clock it would obviously be the quickest...

But you're not looking at the situation, if he doesn't leave V early walking is the quickest option...

(Glad you're seething by the pool discussing MCR transport)
I've come in its too hot. Wish I'd stayed out there sweating tbh

Unread 18-07-2014, 01:22 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial

If he's the kind of mongo who insists on staying til he's cheered the lads of the pitch, singing his little heart out in his jester's hat then walking (with a limp and sweating profusely) is definitely the way to go.

If he's in any way sensible he will duck out with 5 mins to go and jump a cab on Salford bridge/get the tram.

5 mins ?!?!?! :inhhhhhhhhhalllleee: cutting it fine..

I agree if he leaves early it's Taxi all day...

Unread 18-07-2014, 01:23 PM
believe

Bear in mind it's the dippers at home so we'll be 3-0 down.

Unread 18-07-2014, 01:25 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Absolutely £#%&! all but he's told us he's pushed for time
you are right, slightly pushed for time, if I walk to one of the quieter metro stops it will be a quarter of an hour of a walk, maybe a fifteen minute wait and another fifteen minute on the metro, say 45 minutes minimum, then walk to the bus. Hoping of course no delays and having to leave early.
Or I could just walk it in about forty minutes or so knowing I will definitely make the bus with time to spare.
If it is raining I am getting a taxi, £#%&!ing right.

Unread 18-07-2014, 01:26 PM
believe

Thread closed

Unread 18-07-2014, 01:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
you are right, slightly pushed for time, if I walk to one of the quieter metro stops it will be a quarter of an hour of a walk, maybe a fifteen minute wait and another fifteen minute on the metro, say 45 minutes minimum, then walk to the bus. Hoping of course no delays and having to leave early.
Or I could just walk it in about forty minutes or so knowing I will definitely make the bus with time to spare.
If it is raining I am getting a taxi, £#%&!ing right.

My guy.

Enjoy your walk.

Unread 18-07-2014, 01:33 PM
no fun

Quote:

I'll say it one more time

he's irish

Unread 18-07-2014, 01:39 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Thread closed
Quote:

My guy.

Enjoy your walk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I'll say it one more time

he's irish

Unread 18-07-2014, 01:42 PM
kid napper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Don't want to leave early tbh, walking three miles is not much walk two miles three or four times a week with the dog, that said if it is pudding i will certainly leave early and get a taxi.
Proper fan this one.

Unread 18-07-2014, 02:37 PM
BTCC

metrolink?

better hope the £#%&!ing thing is actually working for once before going down that route!

walk up to the toll gate and get a cab from there

Unread 18-07-2014, 02:44 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC
metrolink?

better hope the £#%&!ing thing is actually working for once before going down that route!

walk up to the toll gate and get a cab from there
Don't you live in the States, pal?

Unread 18-07-2014, 03:47 PM
BTCC

Quote:
Don't you live in the States, pal?
in a state, not in THE states...

north manc uber alles here

Unread 18-07-2014, 05:04 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC
in a state, not in THE states...

north manc uber alles here
Oh right, getting you mixed up with A.N.Other here.

Unread 18-07-2014, 05:39 PM
puressence

this thread:shakehead:

Unread 18-07-2014, 05:44 PM
red @rmy

Top reds jib the bus. 25 mins tops

Unread 18-07-2014, 08:19 PM
est.1878

Walk to white city roundabout, lots of taxis circle it that cba getting stuck in the quagmire nearer the ground. If fail there it not much further to walk. Often beat the busses to the locks, nice feeling

Unread 18-07-2014, 08:30 PM
Ethers

Walking is THE most dependable form of transport.

I walk to work every day. Takes me exactly 27 minutes. Never, ever late. Dependable.

Unread 18-07-2014, 08:31 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Walking is THE most dependable form of transport.

I walk to work every day. Takes me exactly 27 minutes. Never, ever late. Dependable.
keeps you honest as well
Closed Thread