United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Hall of Fame

Unread 22-08-2013, 06:11 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Just remembered my all time favourite, the 5-0 v city - sat in the freebie seats two rows behind Curly Watts. When the 4th went in he stood up, threw his programme on the floor, shouted 'I'm completely £#%&!ing sick of this' and stormed out to a massive, massive cheer.

Anyone been on the pitch? ..Cash dash?... 74 vs city.. ?

Working your age backwards is harder than expected btw. 9 in 92 iicc

Unread 22-08-2013, 06:13 PM
The Watcher

3-2 vs Juventus
7-1
Ole in the Cup
Scholes/Full time, Barcelona 2008
Kiko against Villa. £#%&!ing hell.

Unread 22-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Sparky***

1. October 31st 1990, my first home game that i can properly remember. 3-1 league cup win over liverpool. Great night.

2. Being there see us equal Liverpool's 18 league titles against Arsenal in 2009. The game was shite but i honestly never thought i'd see it. Brought a tear to my eye so it did.

3. Beating Liverpool 4-0 in 2003. It was £#%&!ing boiling hot that day and I remember they were handing out bottles of water in the top tier of the north stand because it was like an oven up there. Earlier that day i'd decided to walk it from Piccadilly to old trafford. Never again.

4. Barcelona the 2-2 draw in 1994. It was a pleasure to watch that game, Barcelona were £#%&!ing amazing tbh but lee sharpe scored the goal of the game. First time i'd seen a proper big european club come to old trafford in the flesh.

5. Having my name read out over the tannoy by keegan before the fulham game last season probably from someone off here.. "Hello to Sparky in the south stand".

Unread 22-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Coracao

In seriousness, difficult to pick out just 5...

Roma 7-1

Scholes vs Blackburn in the 06/07 run in. Thought the title was about to slip away.

Blackburn 93

Barcelona 08

Ending Arsenal and Chelsea's unbeaten runs. No £#%&!er else would've.

Unread 22-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Sloppy

Boro in the league cup semi 'fergusons red and white army'
Scholes v barca
United 3 Lpool 1 league cup 3rd round seeing my grandad gooning with other reds after hughes' goal.

Unread 22-08-2013, 06:20 PM
ryanMUFC

Roma 7-1
Milan 3-2
Barca 08
Chelsea 1-0 fletcher ..first time I remember hearing old trafford so loud.
Michael Owen last seconds. 4-3 crazy scenes.

Unread 22-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Jack Duckworth

1. blackburn 93
2. ole's winner versus the scousers in the fa cup
3. 5-0 city
4. cantona comeback
5. any game against juve in the 90s.

Unread 22-08-2013, 06:21 PM
magic_cantona

Shook Brian Kidds hand before beating Birmingham 3-0. Was unaware he'd become fully and completely Divved up a few years later

Shook Dennis Irwins hand before the Madrid 'Fat Ronaldo' game.

Saw Batistutoh score a screamer for Fiorentinoh.

Also, took my brother in law to his first ever game vs Valencia, the night it was announced Keane had signed his new contract.

Saw United v Wrexham in the Cup Winners cup in 1990 ish.

Unread 22-08-2013, 06:22 PM
Crumps

TBF I reckon without Euro 96 I wouldn't be allowed to go on my own until I was older. Before that I was limited to games where we could get 2 together. Hated doing Saturday training at the Cliff then having to go home and listen to it on the radio.

Unread 22-08-2013, 06:22 PM
Furry Russian hats

Scholes, Blackburn 07.
Roma, when the third went in.
Ole, scousers 99.
Scholes, Barca 08. My all time favourite game at OT.
Owen against City

Unread 22-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Shook Brian Kidds hand before beating Birmingham 3-0. Was unaware he'd become fully and completely Divved up a few years later

Shook Dennis Irwins hand before the Madrid 'Fat Ronaldo' game.

Saw Batistutoh score a screamer for Fiorentinoh.

Also, took my brother in law to his first ever game vs Valencia, the night it was announced Keane had signed his new contract.

Saw United v Wrexham in the Cup Winners cup in 1990 ish.
pretty sure the wrexham game was my first euro game. £#%&!ing wrexham, ffs

Unread 22-08-2013, 06:27 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
pretty sure the wrexham game was my first euro game. £#%&!ing wrexham, ffs
It was surreal tbh.

Unread 22-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Crumps

Best moment at Gigg lane was when I had to go on the pitch to retrieve the pie I had limply thrown towards Ben Thornley as I was dared to do it. Loved the reserves there. Saw so many of the class of 92, Phil Neville begging for a lift off Becks as Gary had left him, was told to '£#%&! off and get on the Coach with Incey' would have love to see them sat there in silence then Phil awkwardly speaking to the coach driver about the weather.

Unread 22-08-2013, 06:34 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
1. October 31st 1990, my first home game that i can properly remember. 3-1 league cup win over liverpool. Great night.

2. Being there see us equal Liverpool's 18 league titles against Arsenal in 2009. The game was shite but i honestly never thought i'd see it. Brought a tear to my eye so it did.

[/b][/b]3. Beating Liverpool 4-0 in 2003. [/b] It was £#%&!ing boiling hot that day and I remember they were handing out bottles of water in the top tier of the north stand because it was like an oven up there. Earlier that day i'd decided to walk it from Piccadilly to old trafford. Never again.[b]

4. Barcelona the 2-2 draw in 1994. It was a pleasure to watch that game, Barcelona were £#%&!ing amazing tbh but lee sharpe scored the goal of the game. First time i'd seen a proper big european club come to old trafford in the flesh.

5. Having my name read out over the tannoy by keegan before the fulham game last season probably from someone off here.. "Hello to Sparky in the south stand".
I got hammered at that game , stopped on the way home to have another couple of drinks and started smoking a celebratory cigar

Edit - The liverpool game

Unread 22-08-2013, 06:35 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Joker

Had a season ticket up until about 2006 ffs Priced out red.
I know pal. Time served

Unread 22-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Chorlton74

sheringham `lifting` the treble up opposite the arsenal fans.

"we've scored with nine men" against city in the fa cup. forget the year, but GNev got sent off.

Alf Mingy Haaland

Ronnie's debut.

Lee Sharpe's back heel against Barca.

Unread 22-08-2013, 06:48 PM
The Watcher

City in the League Cup a few years ago was brilliant. Great atmosphere and another late winner. Three that season iirc

Owen's (@#%&!) winner was obscene tbh, honestly thought I was going to have a heart attack. Ended up on the floor, three rows down from my seat, hugging a random

Unread 22-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Ashley's Grime

In chronological order:

My first United game opening day of 1980-81.
Peter Davenport's last minute winner v LFC 1987.
McClair scissors kick v Chewsea 87-88.
Ferguson's red and white army versus Boro in 92 league cup semi.
Eric volley v Arse 95-96.

Unread 22-08-2013, 06:54 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
City in the League Cup a few years ago was brilliant. Great atmosphere and another late winner. Three that season iirc

Owen's (@#%&!) winner was obscene tbh, honestly thought I was going to have a heart attack. Ended up on the floor, three rows down from my seat, hugging a random
Think I put it on the last similar thread but the Owen derby was the nearest I've been to genuine delirium. Pissed out of my gourd. Watched a blue have his eyebrow piercing ripped out after the game and it seemed perfectly reasonable.

Unread 22-08-2013, 06:59 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Think I put it on the last similar thread but the Owen derby was the nearest I've been to genuine delirium. Pissed out of my gourd. Watched a blue have his eyebrow piercing ripped out after the game and it seemed perfectly reasonable.

What a £#%&!ing game that was.