United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-10-2013, 05:55 PM
plopborsky

Red face Has this been the toughest time supporting united ?

I have been rather lucky in my life time that united have always seemed to do well. Even those shitty years with kleberson and djembe we had ruud and Ronaldo giving us hope for the future.

With the Fergie book coming out, offering more unwanted drama and shite and then moyes struggling like £#%&! I don't ever remember a time in my life when I actually begin to dread watching us play through this "transition". Whilst I still will be watching us play tomorrow its a strange time being a united supporter after all these years of success.

Being 30 I am sure I am not the only one that does not really remember just how shit times were.

Ungrateful, yes. Spoiled most definitely .

Unread 22-10-2013, 05:56 PM
elephantstone

it has been for some of the spoilt brats

Unread 22-10-2013, 05:56 PM
Bunker Buster

No

It's only football.

Unread 22-10-2013, 05:58 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
I have been rather lucky in my life time that united have always seemed to do well. Even those shitty years with kleberson and djembe we had ruud and Ronaldo giving us hope for the future.

With the Fergie book coming out, offering more unwanted drama and shite and then moyes struggling like £#%&! I don't ever remember a time in my life when I actually begin to dread watching us play through this "transition". Whilst I still will be watching us play tomorrow its a strange time being a united supporter after all these years of success.

Being 30 I am sure I am not the only one that does not really remember just how shit times were.

Ungrateful, yes. Spoiled most definitely .

not by a long way......yet

Camel

rockored

Nah, were top of the hitting the woodwork league arent we?

boogie

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:03 PM
puressence

Its threads like this make me feel like fighting in kosovo. Wat a @#%&! an absolute @#%&!. This is like being sucked of by halle berry compared to the buming of betty turpin we had in the early to late 80s

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:05 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Its threads like this make me feel like fighting in kosovo. Wat a @#%&! an absolute @#%&!. This is like being sucked of by halle berry compared to the buming of betty turpin we had in the early to late 80s
I think that's the point I am trying to make, the younger generation have only ever seen trophy after trophy, I remember getting beat by york in the league cup and I thought it was the end of the world

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:11 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
it has been for some of the spoilt brats
yup.

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Rhodzy

Would be if I gave as much of a shit about football as I did a few years ago.

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:13 PM
red @rmy

Early 80's when we were shit!

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Why Don?

91/92 was a bitch in the end but 2005/2006 worst for me.

We weren't much fun to watch in 2004/2005 from what I can remember.

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Sparky***

I find the uncertainty and the knowledge that things are changing exciting tbh. A lot of people are like flapping chickens now they've had their Fergie safety blanket ripped away.

I've no interest in playing "my team's better than yours nur nur" with #@&%! supporters of other clubs. I have no work mates as such - so it has no bearing on my actual life one way or the other if we have a few lean years. I'll still get up every morning regardless of whether United win lose or draw and I'll still support the club.

Having a "bit of a shit time of it" after you've changed manager, backroom staff and chief executive all at the same time for the first time in a quarter of a century is NOT even close to just how shit other clubs have it. It's proper 'first world problems' type issues.

My old man supports Watford so I tend to get a sense of perspective from him watching his team. He's followed them for 60 years and the only thing they've ever achieved is an FA Cup final appearance, finishing 2nd in the old first division in the 80's and a few promotions and relegations. Imagine that, watching your team and knowing they'll never achieve anything of note. EVER.

Now look at us. Having a collective fit because we may not challenge for a league title after just having won it for the 20th time. Think about that. Our club is 130 odd years old and we've been there at the most successful part of it. We are lucky.

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Chipsauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I find the uncertainty and the knowledge that things are changing exciting tbh. A lot of people are like flapping chickens now they've had their Fergie safety blanket ripped away.

I've no interest in playing "my team's better than yours nur nur" with #@&%! supporters of other clubs. I have no work mates as such - so it has no bearing on my actual life one way or the other if we have a few lean years. I'll still get up every morning regardless of whether United win lose or draw and I'll still support the club.

Having a "bit of a shit time of it" after you've changed manager, backroom staff and chief executive all at the same time for the first time in a quarter of a century is NOT even close to just how shit other clubs have it. It's proper 'first world problems' type issues.

My old man supports Watford so I tend to get a sense of perspective from him watching his team. He's followed them for 60 years and the only thing they've ever achieved is an FA Cup final appearance, finishing 2nd in the old first division in the 80's and a few promotions and relegations. Imagine that, watching your team and knowing they'll never achieve anything of note. EVER.

Now look at us. Having a collective fit because we may not challenge for a league title after just having won it for the 20th time. Think about that. Our club is 130 odd years old and we've been there at the most successful part of it. We are lucky.

Nail and head.

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:19 PM
Wez

Thumbs up

Quote:

^ What that man said

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:21 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

First bit:

Could see Ferie was on the wane - shite football for the past few years, the Glazers impeding us in the transfer market, this was always going to happen tbf.

Second bit:

We are. We really have been spoiled. I grew up with Vermin fans when they were winning everything. Obviously what makes it hurt more.

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:23 PM
plopborsky

Quote:

Great post, I agree whilst still saying we have seen so much success that's all we(I) have ever known . Perspective is needed and that comes from seeing the shitty side of the game.

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Mr Castro

It was always going to be a little difficult with the changes but it's also exciting because of the unpredictability. It's not the most difficult time.

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Spock

Quote:

Having a "bit of a shit time of it" after you've changed manager, backroom staff and chief executive all at the same time for the first time in a quarter of a century is NOT even close to just how shit other clubs have it. It's proper 'first world problems' type My old man supports Watford so I tend to get a sense of perspective from him watching his team. He's followed them for 60 years and the only thing they've ever achieved is an FA Cup final appearance, finishing 2nd in the old first division in the 80's and a few promotions and relegations. Imagine issues.

that, watching your team and knowing they'll never achieve anything of note. EVER.

knocked us out of the FA or league cup back in the 80's from memory

probably late 70's come to think of it

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:34 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
knocked us out of the FA or league cup back in the 80's from memory

probably late 70's come to think of it
was that the 1870s mate

Closed Thread