United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-03-2023, 07:16 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Hope my hands up to Arsenal, insufferable though they may be they binned off established stars and largely went with a youth rebuild that will get them a title or very close to. Didn’t need a sovereign fund either
Yep, a proper club - not some roided up oil job. Winning it the hard/normal way.

Liverpool were the same when they won it tbf. Apart from the inhalers, they didn’t cheat.

Unread 04-03-2023, 07:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Yep, a proper club - not some roided up oil job. Winning it the hard/normal way.

Liverpool were the same when they won it tbf. Apart from the inhalers, they didn’t cheat.
exactly. As insufferable as their nick hornby, media luvvie islington fans are - City are an abomination and cheats at the end of the day.

Unread 04-03-2023, 07:55 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Have they? Haven’t they just scored late a few late winners within injury time 🤷‍♂️

They also got royally screwed by that Brentford equaliser.

Swings and roundabouts. They don’t strike me as any more or less scabby than anyone else.
We’ll, I think they’ve more than made up for it since Brentford. Given a nice little break over Christmas that nobody else enjoyed. Nice little speed hump thrown Uniteds way 3 days before we played them minus our best player, + stonewall pen denied. Talking of which, their best player is still playing despite rape allegations, while Sigurdsson, Greenwood and Mendy all suspended by their clubs. They’ve had plenty of breaks go their way. I suppose the alternative is worse, though

Unread 04-03-2023, 08:25 PM
Fat Al

Tell you what would be highly amusing - City win the league on the last day of the season & then are promptly expelled from the PL for all of the financial doping they've done. Title removed & they get cast down into the depths of League 2.

It would certainly make me chortle quite a lot.

Unread 04-03-2023, 08:33 PM
MagnificentSeven

not too bothered if arsenal win the title. it's not at our expense as we never had a realistic chance of winning it this season anyway, and it's nice to not have to witness a two horse race between city and liverpool for a change.

Unread 04-03-2023, 08:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
We’ll, I think they’ve more than made up for it since Brentford. Given a nice little break over Christmas that nobody else enjoyed. Nice little speed hump thrown Uniteds way 3 days before we played them minus our best player, + stonewall pen denied. Talking of which, their best player is still playing despite r*pe allegations, while Sigurdsson, Greenwood and Mendy all suspended by their clubs. They’ve had plenty of breaks go their way. I suppose the alternative is worse, though
VAR has also done us over far worse than them continuously all season.

Squeaky bum time at the bottom now, bottom 3 all on 21, Leeds 22, West Ham 23 and Leicester 24

Unread 04-03-2023, 11:50 PM
GBMUFC2020

Newcastle finishing Hate that @#%&! Grealish.

Unread 05-03-2023, 12:09 AM
moransbleedinghead

Scouse nailed on for fourth

Unread 05-03-2023, 12:17 AM
My Name is Heath

Spurs unlucky on MOTD

Unread 05-03-2023, 12:20 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
not too bothered if arsenal win the title. it's not at our expense as we never had a realistic chance of winning it this season anyway, and it's nice to not have to witness a two horse race between city and liverpool for a change.
Don’t forget there’s still a distinct chance City could do the treble.

Unread 05-03-2023, 01:22 AM
chooch

After getting the tram into town full of city fans and listening to them cheering the Bournemouth score at 0-2, that win for Arsenal was beautiful.

Unread 05-03-2023, 01:53 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch
After getting the tram into town full of city fans and listening to them cheering the Bournemouth score at 0-2, that win for Arsenal was beautiful.
i really hope they win it

i think we are a few too many points behind to catch them and if they do drop points it will be city who are poised to take advantage

Unread 05-03-2023, 05:09 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
exactly. As insufferable as their nick hornby, media luvvie islington fans are - City are an abomination and cheats at the end of the day.
Also, has Pep won three in a row? No seat at the big table until he does.

Arsenal much more deserving imo. feel more like us - a proper team playing for each other. City feel what they are - a Disneyland collection.

Win tomorrow and third is pretty much guaranteed. And will make Liverpool's top 4 hopes lesss likely.

Unread 05-03-2023, 05:36 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Also, has Pep won three in a row? No seat at the big table until he does.

Arsenal much more deserving imo. feel more like us - a proper team playing for each other. City feel what they are - a Disneyland collection.

Win tomorrow and third is pretty much guaranteed. And will make Liverpool's top 4 hopes lesss likely.
I know this is hazardous territory but.. Spurs games for nigh on the next 2 months look very winnable apart from possibly one.

Unread 05-03-2023, 09:15 AM
AK14

Massive win for the arse and I think they’ll go on to win it for here

They’ve had a bit of a slump recently but I think the way they won yesterday will spur them on and pull them out of it.

Unread 05-03-2023, 09:43 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Massive win for the arse and I think they’ll go on to win it for here

They’ve had a bit of a slump recently but I think the way they won yesterday will spur them on and pull them out of it.
Won four in a row since their wobble. They’ve generally responded well to struggling. They have their moments, but no more than City do. There just seems to be this assumption that they’ll fold and city will go on a run. Neither has happened and with each passing week, I think they deserve to be taken more seriously. Big few weeks coming up. If they can through with anything like the lead they have now, I think they’ll win it.
Closed Thread