United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-03-2023, 01:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Think he’s suggesting we field our under 7’s junior team? Seems a perfectly reasonable suggestion.
Might be his best chance tbf.

Unread 03-03-2023, 01:24 PM
atticusgrinch

De Gea

Dalot Varane Martinez Shaw

Bruno Casemiro Sabitzer

Antony Weghorst Rashford

Got to be hasn’t it?

Unread 03-03-2023, 01:39 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
De Gea

Bruno Casemiro Sabitzer

Antony Weghorst Rashford

Got to be hasn’t it?

AWB for dalot and different formation. He almost never plays a 4-3-3 . watch him do it on Sunday

Unread 03-03-2023, 01:39 PM
dragflick

Quote:
De Gea

Bruno Casemiro Sabitzer

Antony Weghorst Rashford

Got to be hasn’t it?
Yeah, although Bruno a bit higher/no 10 ish. I think EtH will go with Fred tho'.

Unread 03-03-2023, 01:46 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
De Gea

Bruno Casemiro Sabitzer

Antony Weghorst Rashford

Got to be hasn’t it?
Awb for Dalot pal. I’d also have sancho in for Antony or at least sub Antony at half time. Called me old fashioned but it’s the not being able to use your right foot whilst playing as a right winger thing that gets me. I know your head might explode but Dalot’s had a few stinkers recently whereas WB is doing a walk on water type thing.

Unread 03-03-2023, 01:48 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
AWB for dalot and different formation. He almost never plays a 4-3-3 . watch him do it on Sunday
AWB to be fair to him is actually looking like a footballer, and Dalot is obv still feeling his way back after injury - BUT - TAA slinging crosses into the back post all game…. My heart couldn’t take AWB defending/not defending those. And that’s about 50% of their attacking game.

Unread 03-03-2023, 01:48 PM
dunk

Sancho wasn’t even on the bench Wednesday was he?

The work Antony does and the way he holds the shape can’t be overlooked, even if his output isn’t quite there atm. Has to start.

Dalot was crap again on Wednesday, he needs more games but I wouldn’t be playing him Sunday, not at all.

Unread 03-03-2023, 01:51 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Yeah, although Bruno a bit higher/no 10 ish. I think EtH will go with Fred tho'.
This game is Huuuuuugeeeee. Not so much for us as we’ll finish top 4 with ease.

But we can finish the dippers. Not just for this season. They’ll be £#%&!ed for years.

We had a chance to do this a couple of seasons ago and flunked it big time. We can’t let that happen again.

No mercy.

Unread 03-03-2023, 02:05 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
I know your head might explode but Dalot’s had a few stinkers recently whereas WB is doing a walk on water type thing.
He's been getting all over the pitch, as of late, and has been looking superb. Made up for the lad (and us) after his chances of making it were all but written off this last couple of seasons. Dalot has been great too, for most of this one. You could say they're both right back in with a shout to have their contracts extended.

Unread 03-03-2023, 02:07 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The work Antony does and the way he holds the shape can’t be overlooked, even if his output isn’t quite there atm. Has to start.
agree on his defensive contribution. it's about time one of those left foot curlers went in again. the couple of sighters against west ham were awful.

dalot is good on crosses. that will surely figure in 10h's mind. wan b has been vastly improved this season. would not surprise anyone if he went to sleep and let a jota in behind him, though.

this game has so much potential for glory and disappointment. (not quite as important for us as for them.)

Unread 03-03-2023, 02:16 PM
dunk

I’d like him to mix it up a bit, not everything has to be in instep curler, put your laces through a few ffs.

He did score one about a week ago though tbf.

Unread 03-03-2023, 02:34 PM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
https://twitter.com/unitedstandmufc/...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

Klopp talking about other clubs signings.

Again.
He is clearly right, in fact I think 25 year old Lisandro Martinez, 23 year old Antony and 23 year old Tyrell Malacia were obviously signed as stop gaps and will need replacing next season.

Liverpool average age of starting XI this season 27.4 (17th of 20)
Utd average age of starting XI this season 26.7 (11th of 20)

Unread 03-03-2023, 02:40 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Sancho wasn’t even on the bench Wednesday was he?

Dalot was crap again on Wednesday, he needs more games but I wouldn’t be playing him Sunday, not at all.
Agreed on both. Whatever we may think of him, Antony is clearly first choice on the right.

AWB comfortably first choice RB, as it stands. And especially for a game of this magnitude away from home and the threat from Liverpool down the left

Hopefully shaw is fit too.

Unread 03-03-2023, 02:43 PM
AK14

State of this goofy @#%&!

Just casually chewing off a scab the minging bastard

I hope we absolutely annihilate them.

Unread 03-03-2023, 03:14 PM
Coracao

Quote:
I’d like him to mix it up a bit, not everything has to be in instep curler, put your laces through a few ffs.

He did score one about a week ago though tbf.
Or actually cross a ball

Unread 03-03-2023, 03:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Or actually cross a ball
That’d be nice too

A lot of the time I think he gets to a position to cross before anyone actually arrives in the box and is closed down by the time there’s a target. He tried one Wednesday and didn’t miss Wout by much..

Unread 03-03-2023, 05:25 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Our current best starting 11:

DDG

AWB
VARANE
MARTINEZ
SHAW

CASEMIRO
FRED
BRUNO

ANTONY
WEGGY
RASHFORD

We haven’t had an easy game at Anfield in my lifetime and this will be no different.
Yes I would go with that starting line-up

Unread 03-03-2023, 05:39 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
agree on his defensive contribution. it's about time one of those left foot curlers went in again. the couple of sighters against west ham were awful.

dalot is good on crosses. that will surely figure in 10h's mind. wan b has been vastly improved this season. would not surprise anyone if he went to sleep and let a jota in behind him, though.

this game has so much potential for glory and disappointment. (not quite as important for us as for them.)
This is my fear. I'd actually start AWB as well for this game but for this lurking doubt.

DDG not coming for crosses. AWB a dumb @#%&! not paying attention to what's behind him. Could be horrendous.

Unread 03-03-2023, 06:20 PM
magic_cantona

I'd probably start Dalot. If AWB learnt positional marking, he'd be the best RB in the league. Just always seems miles away from a ball out to an opposition winger. No questions about his 1v1 defending though.

Unread 03-03-2023, 07:45 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
State of this goofy @#%&!

https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/st...A3dB-7-ot5Dfuw

Just casually chewing off a scab the minging bastard

I hope we absolutely annihilate them.
What is the giddy, passive-aggressive @#%&! blathering on about now?
Closed Thread