United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-03-2023, 05:36 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Torn between this and Antony in place of a mf spot.
Id rather Bruno out of the engine room for Anfield Have him probe further forward. Sabitzer would go further to helping Casemiro dominate with Fred pressing ahead of them too.

Unread 03-03-2023, 08:53 AM
shenwen

Our attack gets at that defence and we’ll win.

Would save garnachers for the final 30m to destroy TAA.

Quietly confident. Their defence and midfield is poor. Just need to be careful defending against their attack, which despite everything is still a big threat .

Unread 03-03-2023, 09:09 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
If Rashford fully fit then I Think Wiggy might sit this one out. Look for them to have the majority of possession and hit them in the break.

Ddg
Obi one
Rapha
Sandro
Sheezy

Cass
Fred (I’d play Sabitzer but don’t think 10H will)
Bruno

Sancho
Rashford
Antony
Why on earth would you put Sancho up against the biggest liability in their team ? There are two options for the left, Rashford or Garnacho.

Unread 03-03-2023, 09:44 AM
Dr Stranger

First 15-20 mins is massive. They’ll come flying out the blocks like they always do and we haven’t been starting well in games at all recently: Leicester, Barca, cup final and Wednesday all really sluggish starts.

We can’t afford to do that or the giddy £#%&!ers will be 2 up inside half an hour.

If we can get through that then I fancy us to grow into the game. We have a lot of ways to hurt them and it’s the first time we’ve gone there in about seven years in better shape than them. Our midfield is better, our defence is better. We just need to piece it all together.

I’m going to sit on the fence and say draw. A cagey, bad tempered draw.

Unread 03-03-2023, 09:59 AM
Seamus

I can see weggy going through Virgil...the joy

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:05 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Our attack gets at that defence and we’ll win.

Would save garnachers for the final 30m to destroy TAA.

Quietly confident. Their defence and midfield is poor. Just need to be careful defending against their attack, which despite everything is still a big threat .
Yep. All this. They’re all front and long ball.

Just a case of balance for us, how much/high to contain, when we have a potent force ourselves.

Just desperate to £#%&!ing thrash these whinging, deluded victims. Hope Erik has them sussed and Weggy notches at least one.

We’re quite a different team from what has gone over there for a while. Time was, they went years without getting a result, home or away against us. Time for a change.

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:08 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Yep. All this. They’re all front and long ball.

Just a case of balance for us, how much/high to contain, when we have a potent force ourselves.

Just desperate to £#%&!ing thrash these whinging, deluded victims. Hope Erik has them sussed and Weggy notches at least one.

We’re quite a different team from what has gone over there for a while. Time was, they went years without getting a result, home or away against us. Time for a change.
At the very least, we will improve on what we’ve done in recent years there, which has been nothing short of a disgrace. No win since 2016. One goal in six visits. And that was a Jesse Lingard consolation.

4-0 and 5-0 last season. We owe them one, make no mistake.

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:09 AM
Bunker Buster

Would take a draw right now, won't be half as easy as some are making out....

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:12 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Weirdly more nervous than I was when we were almost guaranteed losers in these fixtures. I think I’m still readjusting to actually expecting us to turn up and play well - it’s a big change from years of rubbish football.

Would love - LOVE - us to beat these, preferably with a controversial goal, just to wind their fans up.

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:16 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Absolutely this.

Draw is fine. Win would be fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Weirdly more nervous than I was when we were almost guaranteed losers in these fixtures. I think I’m still readjusting to actually expecting us to turn up and play well - it’s a big change from years of rubbish football.

Would love - LOVE - us to beat these, preferably with a controversial goal, just to wind their fans up.
Same. We came into this big of fixtures and I assumed something had to give somewhere along the way.

Don’t think my brain will allow me contemplate the prospect of

Beating Barca
Winning the league cup
Quarters of the FA Cup
3 straight league wins
Winning at Anfield

City v Newcastle this weekend too, so a win puts us closer to city, clearer of Newcastle or both - all while virtually killing Liverpool’s top four hopes.

I think my head would fall off.

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:29 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Yep. Keep them out in the first 20 mins of each half and we could win it.

I'll take a scabby 1-0, not interested in 'owing' them for the hammerings we took last season,

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:45 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Weirdly more nervous than I was when we were almost guaranteed losers in these fixtures.
That’s the norm for me. Last season when we went there I knew we were getting drubbed so barely worried.

Back to bricking again because we’re good.

Bunks is right. Draw is fine. I actually think we’re going to get beaten and boiled piss on here aots. Fabinho will get booked in the 90th minute whereas Cas will be in the book first half etc etc

1-0 them.

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:45 AM
jem

Quote:
it doesn't matter how shit liverpool have been this season, they will be up for this one. we cannot afford to rely on a comeback.

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:50 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it doesn't matter how $#*! liverpool have been this season, they will be up for this one. we cannot afford to rely on a comeback.
They’d lost 4 on the spin the day of the David Ngog game in 09-10. The ground will be baying for blood and the ref will want to make himself a fan favourite early doors. Seen it all too many times before.

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:55 AM
BarryX

Should be a belter of a game and whatever the score, it's a beautiful feeling knowing which team (and club) is in the ascendency and which one has run itself into the ground.

Unread 03-03-2023, 11:25 AM
Dr Stranger

Klopp talking about other clubs signings.

Again.

Unread 03-03-2023, 11:32 AM
Hank Scorpio

Their midfield is shite so they'll be bypassing it at every opportunity.
Expect ETH to be fully aware of their strengths and weaknesses and have a cunning plan. If we can start fully awake and focused and get through the first 20 minutes or so we should be fine.

Unread 03-03-2023, 11:48 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
https://twitter.com/unitedstandmufc/...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

Klopp talking about other clubs signings.

Again.
Ah yes, Liverpool are obviously a team built for the next 20 years with players like Salah (30), Fabinho (29), Van Dijk (31), Thiago (31), and James Milner (37).

20 years ffs.

Unread 03-03-2023, 11:51 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Ah yes, Liverpool are obviously a team built for the next 20 years with players like Salah (30), Fabinho (29), Van Dijk (31), Thiago (31), and James Milner (37).

20 years ffs.
Might be worth telling the toothy #@&%! that 20 years is longer than most players play.

Unread 03-03-2023, 12:15 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Might be worth telling the toothy #@&%! that 20 years is longer than most players play.
Think he’s suggesting we field our under 7’s junior team? Seems a perfectly reasonable suggestion.
Closed Thread