United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-03-2023, 09:53 AM
wiganste

Default How many penalties have we had this season?

In the league? I can't remember many tbf

Unread 03-03-2023, 09:55 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
In the league? I can't remember many tbf
Bruno v Palace. I think that’s it. Rashford against Everton in the fa cup and a Ronaldo one in the Europa. I think that’s all of them.

Unread 03-03-2023, 09:57 AM
Coracao

We.had one vs city

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:00 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

We.had one vs city
Ah yes. Funnily enough, I’ve tried to forget that game. Can’t think why.

Four pens and four different takers. We so crazy.

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:02 AM
wiganste

Cheers lads

Honestly can't remember the on in the Europa League

I bet we've had more stone wallers turned down than what we've been given this season.

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:04 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Cheers lads

I bet we've had more stone wallers turned down than what we've been given this season.
Sheriff. 2-0. Sancho and Ronaldo pen. Instantly forgettable game.

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:07 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Cheers lads

We have. Since the Bruno goal against City we’ve been given next to nothing in general. Teams happily hacking away at us without so much as a second glance from the ref - we commit one foul and it’s an immediate booking etc.

Refs have been abysmal.

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:09 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
We have. Since the Bruno goal against City we’ve been given next to nothing in general. Teams happily hacking away at us without so much as a second glance from the ref - we commit one foul and it’s an immediate booking etc.

Refs have been abysmal.
I watched Question Time* last night, as I was expecting West Ham's goal being about 3 foot off the pitch to be a hot topic. Imagine my surprise when it wasn't.

*didn't

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:09 AM
wiganste

Liverpool haven't had one yet. We all know what's coming on Sunday.....

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:11 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Refs have been abysmal.
And you just knew it was coming, didn’t you? The amount of coverage of any favourable decision we get is ridiculous. That city game was a really good battle and all they talked about for a week was a SUBJECTIVE offside decision.

We went to Palace that following Tuesday and had an absolutely nailed on penalty waved away. At 1-0. Game finishes 1-1. Where’s the week of coverage?

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:19 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Refs have been abysmal.
Opposite of Barcelona etc. it’s just as bad here. You look at the cup game dippers vs Wolves… TWICE in one match. Barely a £#%&!ing mention. Couldn’t be more obvious. Then, current ruling applied in our favour vs Ciddy and the world falls apart.
Arsenal have had a charmed existence. Tricky one against United coming up… let’s throw another game Uniteds way 3 days before, so that Arse get a nice week off, and their top man gets suspended, just after they enjoy a Christmas break. £#%&!ing endless.

Not saying all contrived but £#%&! me, you wonder, sometimes

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:24 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
I watched Question Time* last night, as I was expecting West Ham's goal being about 3 foot off the pitch to be a hot topic. Imagine my surprise when it wasn't.

*didn't
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
And you just knew it was coming, didn’t you? The amount of coverage of any favourable decision we get is ridiculous. That city game was a really good battle and all they talked about for a week was a SUBJECTIVE offside decision.

We went to Palace that following Tuesday and had an absolutely nailed on penalty waved away. At 1-0. Game finishes 1-1. Where’s the week of coverage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Opposite of Barcelona etc. it’s just as bad here. You look at the cup game dippers vs Wolves… TWICE in one match. Barely a £#%&!ing mention. Couldn’t be more obvious. Then, current ruling applied in our favour vs Ciddy and the world falls apart.
Arsenal have had a charmed existence. Tricky one against United coming up… let’s throw another game Uniteds way 3 days before, so that Arse get a nice week off, and their top man gets suspended, just after they enjoy a Christmas break. £#%&!ing endless.

Not saying all contrived but £#%&! me, you wonder, sometimes
I don’t like going full RAWK - “it’s a conspiracy!” - but you do have to wonder if they’ve been told to make up for that Bruno goal. Just seems too noticeable almost every game now where there’s different standards applied to us versus our opponents.

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:25 AM
Denis Irwell

Arse + dippers : Englands media darlings. Always have been.

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:31 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
I don’t like going full RAWK - “it’s a conspiracy!” - but you do have to wonder if they’ve been told to make up for that Bruno goal. Just seems too noticeable almost every game now where there’s different standards applied to us versus our opponents.
Nah. I don’t think ‘conspiracy’, but I do think they’re cowards. As you say, balancing things out. Making life easier for themselves, regardless of what’s actually right.

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:42 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Nah. I don’t think ‘conspiracy’, but I do think they’re cowards. As you say, balancing things out. Making life easier for themselves, regardless of what’s actually right.
Probably true, this. Terrified of the media gallery. Don’t normally hang onto Keane’s every word but he was spot on the other night. Wright and the dwarf sniggering away knows full well.

Holding my breath for the latest Anfield farce. From Dennis Irwin and Andy Cole red cards to Carrick and Owen blatanhauled down with no consequence. It won’t change.

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:51 AM
Stickman

Read the thread title in David Brent’s voice.

If you’re counting….
Closed Thread