United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-06-2017, 09:14 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
52 million Euros for Ivan Perisic is £#%&!ing mental, you can be all smart arsed about how it's not my money, it doesn't stop that being a stupid price for a player of Perisic's quality.

Draxler went for 30 million Euros in January for £#%&!s sake.
It'll be a package with wages surely?

Unread 02-06-2017, 09:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Are you aware of the premium that United have to pay for players? Or the fact that the transfer market in general has gone completely batshit crazy?

City are dropping near on £35m on a 23 year old goalkeeper with 30 senior appearances to his name.

There's an 18 year old at monaco who will more than likely get sold for upwards of £100m.

There is no logic to any more, the market rate has been driven through the roof for even the half-decent players. To get a good player you'll have to fork over best chunk of £40-50m....to get an elite level player you're going into the 80/90/100m bracket..that's just the way it is now.

You either move with the times, or you end up bringing paul scholes out of retirement.
Just because the hottest property's are going for mental money doesn't mean you have to chuck buckets of the stuff at any old shite.

Unread 02-06-2017, 09:23 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Just because the hottest property's are going for mental money doesn't mean you have to chuck buckets of the stuff at any old shite.
No, but the bigger deals throw the average up.

"Well If he's worth 'x' then, he's our player is at least .." Etc

Unread 02-06-2017, 09:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Who exactly is 'any old shite'?

If you're getting the players you really want then surely it doesn't matter really how much they cost?

Unread 02-06-2017, 09:28 PM
dunk

Quote:
Who exactly is 'any old shite'?

If you're getting the players you really want then surely it doesn't matter really how much they cost?
Perisic for one

If he's a player we really want, well.. shit.

Unread 02-06-2017, 09:30 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
No, but the bigger deals throw the average up.

"Well If he's worth 'x' then, he's our player is at least .." Etc
Aston Villa had a £45m strike partnership this season, they finished about 12th in the Championship. Shit Player Inflation is definitely a thing.

Unread 02-06-2017, 09:34 PM
puressence

Quote:
You new to sparky dunk.

Unread 02-06-2017, 09:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Perisic for one

If he's a player we really want, well.. shit.
Well i haven't seen much of him for Inter tbh so I really don't know what he's worth. I don't watch much Italian football.

if Jose wants him then i trust his judgement given his record so far in the transfer market for us has been solid.

Unread 02-06-2017, 09:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Well i haven't seen much of him for Inter tbh so I really don't know what he's worth. I don't watch much Italian football.

if Jose wants him then i trust his judgement given his record so far in the transfer market for us has been solid.
He's 28 mate. Don't even think he was necessarily one of Inter's top players, was on the bench a few times when I saw them last season. Hardly stuck out at Dortmund, then ambled about in mid table with Wolfsburg before underachieving at Inter. £45m? That doesn't seem like smart business in any way, shape or form. He'll be £#%&!ed and bounced out for a fiver in 2-3 years.

The idea that we might £#%&! Martial off for this fella is horrendous tbh.

That's not to say Perisic isn't a decent player, he's one of those that's a grafter and you admire playing for someone else, but not someone you want to chuck money at as a United fan.

Unread 02-06-2017, 10:07 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
He's 28 mate. Don't even think he was necessarily one of Inter's top players, was on the bench a few times when I saw them last season. Hardly stuck out at Dortmund, then ambled about in mid table with Wolfsburg before underachieving at Inter. £45m? That doesn't seem like smart business in any way, shape or form. He'll be £#%&!ed and bounced out for a fiver in 2-3 years.

That's not to say Perisic isn't a decent player, he's one of those that's a grafter and you admire playing for someone else, but not someone you want to chuck money at as a United fan.
I'd be really disappointed if we sold Martial.

Unread 02-06-2017, 10:28 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

Nailed it. An underwhelming signing whatever way you look at it especially when city bought a far better,younger player in Silva for less money ffs.

Unread 02-06-2017, 11:25 PM
Luffy

you pay to get his club to let him go and in this case he was by all accounts inter's one positive last season.

he'd probably be better for us than Valencia was in his winger days or at least very similar.

Still hope he's a smokescreen for someone more exciting though.

Unread 03-06-2017, 12:09 AM
ZiggyStardust

Given some of the players we've signed recently and some of the players we've been linked with Perisic would be a pretty underwhelming signing

However make no mistake he's a really good wide player who would improve us as we lack a genuine wide player
The price for a soon to be 29 year old is ridiculous if true and his age is an issue as how many season of high level performances will you get out of him

Anyway here's a vid of his performances last season
Pretty impressive tbf

Unread 03-06-2017, 01:12 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Nailed it. An underwhelming signing whatever way you look at it especially when city bought a far better,younger player in Silva for less money ffs.

Quote:
“He seems like a little kid on the first day of school,” Allegri says of the new arrival. “He’s in great shape because he’s been training over the summer and he’s really enthusiastic – it’s contagious. He’s a huge, strong and charismatic signing for us. He’s shown great professionalism. You know, in terms of experience we’ve got all we need. I’m really pleased with this project.”

Who was the player the manager was so delighted to have landed? A certain Sami Khedira, who had made only 11 league appearances in his last season at Real Madrid, scoring no goals. His injury record was poor and there were even suggestions that, at 28, he had peaked. Juve and Allegri saw it differently. They saw a World Cup winner with huge potential and a desire to prove everyone wrong. The best thing about it? He arrived on a free transfer.
https://www.theguardian.com/football...s-league-final

Interesting buying strategy. Might do the treble this weekend...

Unread 03-06-2017, 06:35 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Given some of the players we've signed recently and some of the players we've been linked with Perisic would be a pretty underwhelming signing

However make no mistake he's a really good wide player who would improve us as we lack a genuine wide player
The price for a soon to be 29 year old is ridiculous if true and his age is an issue as how many season of high level performances will you get out of him

Anyway here's a vid of his performances last season
Pretty impressive tbf

https://youtu.be/VFMHQNe4Wd8
From that he looks like a proper £#%&!ing winger who's comfortable as £#%&! with both feet. None of this is he an out to in forward, is he a 10 shite?

Unread 03-06-2017, 06:57 AM
TheFatGoth

I've always quite liked him, but he's 29 and Inter finished 7th last season.

It's basically the equivalent of signing Kevin Mirallas.

Unread 03-06-2017, 08:39 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
I've always quite liked him, but he's 29 and Inter finished 7th last season.

It's basically the equivalent of signing Kevin Mirallas.
Of course he is

Unread 03-06-2017, 03:14 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Of course he is
closer to him than CR7 TBH , actually closer to bebe than CR7 . we can find better for less.

Unread 03-06-2017, 03:31 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFOD
closer to him than CR7 TBH , actually closer to bebe than CR7 . we can find better for less.
"CR7"

Unread 03-06-2017, 03:35 PM
Coracao

Quote:

The bolded bit is absolute nonesense tbf. He played more league games than anyone other than the keeper and Candreva.
Closed Thread