Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-11-2009, 11:39 AM
The Stella Fella

Default Re: for all you stat heads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
so its ryan giggs.

at 36 he is our most creative midfielder.

bearing in mind in the last 5 years saf has signed nani, obertan,park, tosic and valencia.

what does it say about the signings we have made? or about our team going into the future if our winger of the last 15 years is still by far our most productive attacking player?
or it could say......

Valencia is a right footed midfielder still settling in
Tosic is too lightweight
Obertan is returning from injury and is very very new
Park is more right footed and is not a winger more of a midfielder

The only direct left footed/fleet footed/fast player to replace Giggs - who is not new and should have been able to push a 35 yr old player out of the way by showing pace/power/skill and ENTHUSIASM - is shit!

Unread 16-11-2009, 11:40 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Why don't you tell us, it's patently obvious you have a typically negative point about United you are just bursting to push onto the forum today, why not just get on with it.
my point is that fergie need to get someone in who has the future of the club in his thoughts as its either fergie doesnt or he doesnt know how to develop young players in todays world...
someone like cq who was grooming a younger squad to replace the older players.

we have gone backwards as it stands and no player has made the lw his own, our only purchased left footed winger cant even get in the matchday 18, our rw is a shambles with kick run cross congratulated for just marking oppositons left backs and then who do we have to come and add to the options available?? park ji sung!!!!

Unread 16-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Lok

Quote:
£57.6 million.
That's without signing on fees, agent fees, registration fees and add on clauses.

Apparently the final fee is such a big number, it would take even the fastest typist 2 days to type it out.

Unread 16-11-2009, 11:42 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
my point is that fergie need to get someone in who has the future of the club in his thoughts as its either fergie doesnt or he doesnt know how to develop young players in todays world...

we have gone backwards as it stands and no player has made the lw his own, our only purchased left footed winger cant even get in the matchday 18, our rw is a shambles with kick run cross congratulated for just marking oppositons left backs and then who do we have to come and add to the options available?? park ji sung!!!!

Perhaps you?

Oh no wait, you've written Obertan off after about an hour of play and Valencia after 3 months despite most people with any sense realising he's settling in very well. Definitely not you then.

What on earth was that picture about btw?

Unread 16-11-2009, 11:43 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:

True Marlo but don;'t hate Nanny for it!!

Unread 16-11-2009, 11:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
True Marlo but don;'t hate Nanny for it!!
Dunno why he's turned on Nani like this.

Unread 16-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Lok

Quote:
Perhaps you?

Oh no wait, you've written Obertan off after about an hour of play and Valencia after 3 months despite most people with any sense realising he's settling in very well. Definitely not you then.

I think he's implying it's Park Ji Sung. But he's allowed to be racist because he's black.

Unread 16-11-2009, 11:51 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
or it could say......

Valencia is a right footed midfielder still settling in
Tosic is too lightweight
Obertan is returning from injury and is very very new
Park is more right footed and is not a winger more of a midfielder

The only direct left footed/fleet footed/fast player to replace Giggs - who is not new and should have been able to push a 35 yr old player out of the way by showing pace/power/skill and ENTHUSIASM - is shit!
is no one to blame for this state of affairs where giggs (as great as he is) is our most productive left winger.

alot of people refuse to criticise the club/manager for anything but then are hyprocrites with the way they slag off certain players like nani etc.

i think saf has let our squad deteriorate.

Quote:
06/07
midfielders -
carrick
giggs
scholes
miller
fletcher
richardson
park
d jones

forwards -
rossi
rooney
saha
smith
ronaldo
ole
dong
Quote:
07/08
midfielders-
hargreaves
nani
giggs
scholes
carrick
anderson
fletcher
park
gibson
possebon

forwards -
ronaldo
rooney
tevez
saha
manucho
dong

Quote:
08/09
midfielders -
hargreaves
nani
giggs
scholes
carrick
anderson
fletcher
park
gibson

forwards -
ronaldo
rooney
berbatov
tevez
wellbeck
Quote:
09/10
midfielders -
giggs
scholes
anderson
nani
valencia
tosic
fletcher
carrick
obertan
park
hargreaves

forwards -
berbatov
rooney
owen
wellbeck
macheda
no where near enough quality.

Unread 16-11-2009, 11:55 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
people refuse to criticise the club/manager for anything but then are hyprocrites with the way they slag off certain players like nani etc.

My God, the hypocrisy of that statement is frankly breathtaking mario. You've outdone yourself. Well done.

Unread 16-11-2009, 11:55 AM
marlo

Quote:
its how most united fans must feel looking at our squad went from looking on paper like one of the best in europe to erm...the way it looks now.

its now a case of hoping for a good result against a european giant.

can you see us going to the nou camp and holding our own?

Unread 16-11-2009, 11:59 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
its how most united fans must feel looking at our squad went from looking on paper like one of the best in europe to erm...the way it looks now.

its now a case of hoping for a good result against a european giant.

can you see us going to the nou camp and holding our own?
Not sure what we'll do this season., we are still a developing team, I've been encouraged by some of our football this season. There were always gonna be teething troubles after losing Ronaldo though.

I'm happy at how well Anderson is playing along with Fletcher, I think Valencia is settling in very well and I really like the look of Obertan, think we may have a very good player on our hands there.

Unread 16-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

£#%&! me, you're tedious

Unread 16-11-2009, 12:02 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Not sure what we'll do this season., we are still a developing team, I've been encouraged by some of our football this season. There were always gonna be teething troubles after losing Ronaldo though.

I'm happy at how well Anderson is playing along with Fletcher, I think Valencia is settling in very well and I really like the look of Obertan, think we may have a very good player on our hands there.
I wouldn't bother wasting your time antonin

Unread 16-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

Quote:

a waste of a good point mate, he just wants to say we're shit and slag fergie and the team off

we're third, and only because of the worst reffing performance i've ever seen. not gonna bang on about it, but there for the grace of god...

Unread 16-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Lok

Quote:

Agree with all of that. We've coped surprisingly well considering we've lost the best player in the world and not even tried to replace him.

I'm more than happy with a midfield 4 of Giggs, Anderson, Fletcher & Valencia. Hopefully someone else will step up and start to take Giggs' spot on the left wing. Early signs from Obertan are promising but with Tosic, Nani & Ljajic coming it's far from doom and gloom.

Unread 16-11-2009, 12:08 PM
marlo

Quote:

why are we a developing team?

we should have weathered that storm a while back.

last year even my nan knew ronaldo was leaving it should have been planned for.
players ear marked to come in a replace him, our problems of last season rectified by the right signings etc.
it should have been two high quality signings in, two 'potential' signings and we would be up and running.

instead the squad were going tot he £#%&!ing races.

for the record obertan is a good player but valencia? £#%&! off!!!

Unread 16-11-2009, 12:11 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
£57.6 million.
That was just the initial cash down payment.
Throw in the full fee + Ljaic as well & you're looking at the best part of 200mill

Unread 16-11-2009, 12:13 PM
believe

Quote:
why are we a developing team?

we should have weathered that storm a while back.

last year even my nan knew ronaldo was leaving it should have been planned for.

for the record obertan is a good player but valencia? £#%&! off!!!
link?

Unread 16-11-2009, 12:13 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
That was just the initial cash down payment.
Throw in the full fee + Ljaic as well & you're looking at the best part of 200mill
make fun of it all you want.

he cost about £7m ish and hasnt even made a league start or even a league appearance in nearly a year.

Unread 16-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Rossi the Red

Tosic is on the waiting list for a nose job...hence why he hasn't played yet.
Closed Thread