United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-09-2017, 06:34 PM
Switching Off

Default Liverpool appeal length of Mane ban

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/t...-ban-7ck8n53w5

How does that even work? They're essentially appealing the laws of the game. How is that not frivolous?

Unread 11-09-2017, 06:39 PM
djsst

Unread 11-09-2017, 06:40 PM
rogieop

Would love if it was increased to 5!

Unread 11-09-2017, 06:47 PM
djsst

The echo

Quote:
Goalie was wearing a grass green colour way outside of his area and video shows Mane was completely focused on the ball

It's perfectly reasonable to argue Mane didn't even register the GK being so close.

Plus sent off, lost 3 point and 5 goals conceded. ...that's easily punishment enough for an accident
Quote:
OK it's a law unto itself but irrespective of the very solid case that can be made for Sadio's lack of intent etc, the FA is compromised by the referee of the Swansea/Newcastle game 24 hours later only yellow carding Matt Richie for commiting a very similar infringement.

Mindful too of MP David Lammy's recently published review into the way Black and ethnic minority people are treated by the Justice system in this country. Not directly relevant and I don't think racism effected the ref's decision but as it stands 1 black foreign player sent off and banned for 3 games compared to 1 white English player only cautioned for the same offence mirrors much of Lammy's findings and stinks. Big time.

Unread 11-09-2017, 06:49 PM
Fat Al

It's never their fault .....

Unread 11-09-2017, 06:53 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Jonathan Kodjia, Aston Villa FC
Fulham FC v Aston Villa FC
EFL Championship, 17 April, 2017
Dismissed for violent conduct
Claims made of wrongful dismissal and excessive punishment
Claim of wrongful dismissal unsuccessful, however the claim that the punishment was excessive was successful and the suspension has been reduced from three games to one game with immediate effect.

Unread 11-09-2017, 06:57 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/t...-ban-7ck8n53w5

How does that even work? They're essentially appealing the laws of the game. How is that not frivolous?
They'll win as well. Because it's them

Unread 11-09-2017, 06:59 PM
ScarFace

Always the victim, it's never their fault. He should be banned for a 4th for the appeal...but he won't.

Unread 11-09-2017, 07:01 PM
taff

it was a red card any day of the week. look at the damage ffs.

all this 'he was entitled to go for the ball'. yes, but it requires him to actually win the ball. if he cleans the keeper out then it's no different from a mistimed tackle.

scouse @#%&!s.

Unread 11-09-2017, 07:15 PM
red in cumbria

Surprised they aren't trying to overturn it totally tbh.

Unread 11-09-2017, 07:16 PM
otbarney

Hope they double it, the crying @#%&!s.

Unread 11-09-2017, 07:19 PM
Pop

The Senegalese lawyers are coming over the hill!

Unread 11-09-2017, 07:33 PM
wufta

I've been a utd fan for 30 years. Bias and anti-scouse taken out; anyone can see Mane was going for the ball. There was no intent. If this was Lukaku and not Mane.....

Unread 11-09-2017, 07:34 PM
forzagarza

Shouldn't this be in the equestrian section?

Unread 11-09-2017, 07:35 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Surprised they aren't trying to overturn it totally tbh.
well, I..for one.....cant believe the goalie didn't get sent off for getting in his way tbh

Unread 11-09-2017, 07:35 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by wufta
I've been a utd fan for 30 years. Bias and anti-scouse taken out; anyone can see Mane was going for the ball. There was no intent. If this was Lukaku and not Mane.....
IT DOES NOT MATTER. High foot when they never even connect is a foul. What he did was a red.

There is no intent to break peoples legs but when you connect high up the shin, you're off ( see chelseas first league game )

Unread 11-09-2017, 07:38 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
The Senegalese lawyers are coming over the hill!
I hear kicking someone in the face is a sign of friendliness in Senegal.

Unread 11-09-2017, 07:39 PM
wufta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
IT DOES NOT MATTER. High foot when they never even connect is a foul. What he did was a red.

There is no intent to break peoples legs but when you connect high up the shin, you're off ( see chelseas first league game )
I agree mate but this was outside the 18 yard. He would have known he was the last man and not known the keeper was out that far until the impact.

Unread 11-09-2017, 07:42 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
I agree mate but this was outside the 18 yard. He would have known he was the last man and not known the keeper was out that far until the impact.
If he didn't know the keeper was there why's he flying through the air?

Unread 11-09-2017, 07:45 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that his actions endangered an opponent. Under the rules that's a red card and 3 game ban.

Ignorance is no defence, for him and you.
Closed Thread