United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-01-2018, 01:45 PM
Lok

He also retweeted this:

Can't wait to hear his first interview. He's going to put City in their place.

Unread 22-01-2018, 01:46 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Nah they would have had a special guest appearance from Gary Cook to greet him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vRj1U1PRLc
interesting how they rolled out paddy v for the first day at the office, but then replaced him with a bargain basement melon head substitute later.

"yeah gary? the take home viera you gave me is wearing my shorts now"

Unread 22-01-2018, 01:51 PM
utd99

We wrecked a lot of people between 1993 and 2013.

City have won two titles in the ten years since the arab took over; two. And both were 10 short minutes from going elsewhere. Credit to anyone who wins the league, they deserve it, but City were this close to winning nowt. This year is the only year there’s been daylight between them and the rest. They’ve done nothing in the CL either - yet everyone, including some on here, are absolutely gagging to annoint them the new superpower dynasty off the back of six months of dominance which could end as quickly as it begun. It’s success by surrogacy.

This is not about City, it’s about us. For so long we’ve been the bogeyman for the rest of English football, and now they’re cacking it that the bogeyman has woken again and we’re coming for them.

The Etihad is not Old Trafford, and never will be.

Unread 22-01-2018, 01:54 PM
Clarkie

That and the fact the only league title they won, that anyone gave a £#%&! about, was at our expense.

The one in 2014, that was all about how Liverpool failed. Not City. No one cared!

Unread 22-01-2018, 01:55 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

City have won two titles in the ten years since the arab took over; two. And both were 10 short minutes from going elsewhere. Credit to anyone who wins the league, they deserve it, but City were this close to winning nowt. This year is the only year there’s been daylight between them and the rest. They’ve done nothing in the CL either - yet everyone, including some on here, are absolutely gagging to annoint them the new superpower dynasty off the back of six months of dominance which could end as quickly as it begun. It’s success by surrogacy.

This is not about City, it’s about us. For so long we’ve been the bogeyman for the rest of English football, and now they’re cacking it that the bogeyman has woken again and we’re coming for them.

This is a good City team, there's no doubting that. But I hope they're as fragile as history suggests.

They started the season brilliantly and blew away teams. The last few months have been very 'meh'. Obviously they're still getting good results but they're hardly looking like the revolution everyone claims they are.

It's surprising that so many people are ready to trumpet them.

Unread 22-01-2018, 01:59 PM
andyroo

So if they're so average why the absolute £#%&! did we have to shit the bed against them?

Unread 22-01-2018, 02:00 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
This is a good City team, there's no doubting that. But I hope they're as fragile as history suggests.

They started the season brilliantly and blew away teams. The last few months have been very 'meh'. Obviously they're still getting good results but they're hardly looking like the revolution everyone claims they are.

It's surprising that so many people are ready to trumpet them.
They’re riding a huge wave of momentum and confidence; unprecedented. Once it crests -and it will- can they find another? We’ll find out I guess, but let’s not forget that they’re six short months from finishing third.

Unread 22-01-2018, 02:08 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
So if they're so average why the absolute f*** did we have to shit the bed against them?
No clue.
Those two goals they got ffs

Unread 22-01-2018, 02:15 PM
utd99

Quote:
So if they're so average why the absolute £#%&! did we have to shit the bed against them?
Who said they were average?

Unread 22-01-2018, 02:19 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Who said they were average?
Nobody I guess. You're right, we were perfectly justified in being absolute shit against them.

Unread 22-01-2018, 02:25 PM
utd99

Quote:
Nobody I guess. You're right, we were perfectly justified in being absolute shit against them.
I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Unread 22-01-2018, 02:30 PM
andyroo

Another 100 grand a week now

Unread 22-01-2018, 02:52 PM
History

Quote:
Another 100 grand a week now

The Mirror calling him our £35m signing determined to show we are spending money on him. They just can't hack were getting best deal since pogba

Unread 22-01-2018, 02:56 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Dealing with the home office now pal, need work permits etc. sorting. Could take another month.
isn't the permit he had at Arsenal good enough ?

Unread 22-01-2018, 03:00 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
isn't the permit he had at Arsenal good enough ?
its probably tied to the employer. So the company sponsor the work visa. You move company then they review the status the visa.

its like that over her if you are sponsored by a company.

Unread 22-01-2018, 03:03 PM
Mr_Ed

IS it confirmed yet? FFS

No scarf shots with Mickey yet

Unread 22-01-2018, 03:11 PM
Switching Off

Quote:

Smells a bit "and there's nothing you can do about it Mr Ferguson"

Unread 22-01-2018, 03:17 PM
RemisMoses

Are we sure it isn't the Glazers releasing all this about the money? The last thing they want is us moaning in the summer that we need a big signing as we got Alexis for a bargain in a swap deal.

Unread 22-01-2018, 03:19 PM
Sparky***

People need to realise just how much financial clout United have. Just because we never truly wielded it properly in Ferguson's latter years doesn't mean it was never there. The Glazers have taken half a billion out of this club since 2005 and I never saw any hysterical back page headlines about that, in fact It was a welcome handicap that most of English football enjoyed immensely.

We've been the the world's richest club for most of the last two decades. We currently generate more money that any other football club in the world and we are the most successful club in the history of English football.

Let them print their pathetic snide headlines, they need to be reminded of what they're dealing with.

Unread 22-01-2018, 03:23 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
People need to realise just how much financial clout United have. Just because we never truly wielded it properly in Ferguson's latter years doesn't mean it was never there. The Glazers have taken half a billion out of this club since 2005 and I never saw any hysterical back page headlines about that, in fact It was a welcome handicap that most of English football enjoyed immensely.

We've been the the world's richest club for most of the last two decades. We currently generate more money that any other football club in the world and we are the most successful club in the history of English football.

Let them print their pathetic snide headlines, they need to be reminded of what they're dealing with.

Liverpool supporting associate (he knows someone I know) posted on my FB yesterday that United are now a has been club, Mourinho is classless, outdated, managers have found him out as a fraud and Klopp, Guardiola, Conte and "Poch" are all gentlemen, who have class.

Felt embarrassed for him.
Closed Thread