United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 06-11-2010, 06:42 PM
red in cumbria

Default Re: *Official* United v Wolves Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
That's what squad players are there for. Just aswell Wolves can't finish.

Oh, and you forgot to add a gay smilie.
Homophobe

A team with a midfield and attack made up almost entirely of squad players is always going to find it difficult.

That even applies to sides like Chelsea and ciddy with supposedly "massively superior" squads to our own.

Wolves have just beaten Man City btw, in case you missed it.

Unread 06-11-2010, 06:45 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
It would simply be a matter of him struggling slightly with the cultural differences, and maybe a remnant of his time on the streets.

Unread 06-11-2010, 06:46 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Is Bebe related to George Weah?
That "joke" was made two hours and several pages ago, mate :shakehead:

Unread 06-11-2010, 06:46 PM
red @rmy

Anyone a member of manchester united facebook page?

Have you seen the comments?

Quote:
being a man-u fan is such a universal pleasure and thank u park for bringing joy to me once again. MAN-U FOREVER!!!
Quote:
£#%&! u Bebe yu should go to academy first b4 coming to MU
Quote:
Park Ji Sung , u r really Samson
Quote:
the blast came late......but not too late 2 delight the
manchester united fans...credit.......... Ji Sung Park
Quote:
You give such a thrillin matches.. I love u Man Utd.. everytime i watch u play.. My life is cut short by 5 sec... heheh It wont b a surprise if i die soon.. But datz it.. I love every single sec.. watchin Man Utd take on any one else.. oooof.. Park. J.S. Unsung hero did it again..

Unread 06-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Coracao

'Park Ji Sung , u r really Samson '

Unread 06-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
'Park Ji Sung , u r really Samson '

My personnel fave.

Unread 06-11-2010, 06:54 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: *Official* United v Wolves Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Terry's killing it today, great stuff.

Unread 06-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Sloppy

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/8527720/22872881

Unread 06-11-2010, 06:58 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Thumbs up Re: *Official* United v Wolves Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Quote:
Yep, I often struggle to cross in Portuguese.

I suspect he might end up as a bus driver, rather than a footballer.
Quote:
It would simply be a matter of him struggling slightly with the cultural differences, and maybe a remnant of his time on the streets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Terry's killing it today, great stuff.
an average but useful member of the forum who's popped up from nowhere with a couple of screamers. fred's own park ji sung.

enjoy your moment in the sun, tel.

Unread 06-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Firswood Red

Will go unoticed how many players we had out today, don't think Wolves are as bad as there position suggests either.

Was only 2 weeks ago Gary Mabbutt said that he thought that Spurs would finish ahead of United in 4th spot

Unread 06-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Barracuda

We were very, very lucky today - had we been scheduled to play away, or against a mid-table team or better, then I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have picked up three points, and probably not any at all. We're making extremely hard work of this season so far that's for sure - the first half today being one of the worst performances I've seen in a good few years from us, it was seriously bad.

Time to call it a day for Hargreaves and I'm sure he knows it deep down, very sad but he's not doing himself or his Club any favours by carrying on like this.

Whatever Bebe has or hasn't got going for him, from what I've seen today he is certainly not a winger and never will be. By all means give him a chance as a striker, he's far more suited to that position than any other, - but someone who lands the ball around 50 yards from its intended target is not cut out to be a winger.

The Obertron is frustrating, he has ability and can show it in flashes but his general game is all over the place - he can do the difficult things much better than he can do the basics??

Well done Jason Park, not my favourite by any means but credit where it's due, pulled us out of the shit today.

Unread 06-11-2010, 07:11 PM
plopborsky

"When United signed me it was because they believed in me – give me some time and I will provide goals for the club and show the Manchester United fans it was worthwhile signing me," he tells Inside United magazine, out now.

. "I am a humble person. The streets I come from on the outskirts of Lisbon are very poor – I had nothing," he says. "But I am a good person and I want to show people that I can fight all the adversities I have had in my life. That's why I am here

interview from bebers this week

Unread 06-11-2010, 07:17 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
"When United signed me it was because they believed in me – give me some time and I will provide goals for the club and show the Manchester United fans it was worthwhile signing me," he tells Inside United magazine, out now.

. "I am a humble person. The streets I come from on the outskirts of Lisbon are very poor – I had nothing," he says. "But I am a good person and I want to show people that I can fight all the adversities I have had in my life. That's why I am here

Unread 06-11-2010, 07:17 PM
borsuk

Quote:

Unread 06-11-2010, 07:18 PM
andyroo

Hargreaves, that was so sad to see. It's over surely.

Unread 06-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Unread 06-11-2010, 07:24 PM
borsuk

Quote:
[SIZE="5"]Persistence pays off

Sir Alex's 24th anniversary as United manager was fittingly crowned with one of the hallmarks of his remarkable reign - a winning goal deep into injury time.

Ji-sung Park produced it, to add to his first-half opener, as the Reds overcame a lengthy injury list and positive opposition to claim a third consecutive league victory.

"We've done it so many times and you have to admire the perseverance of the team, the never say die [spirit]," Sir Alex told MUTV.

"It was a long struggle. Given the changes I had to make, trying to get the continuity of performance was difficult today.

"I thought Wolves were the better team in the first half, they played very well but we got a great goal right on half-time and I thought that would settle us. In the second half we were the better team. We lost a bad goal on our part but went on to get a late winner."

The manager revealed that not even his starting eleven were fully fit, following a virus that swept through his playing staff and affected him too.

"Some players played with touches of flu and others with diarrhoea, so we've done really well to get a result," said Sir Alex. "This morning we had to check on Patrice Evra, Paul Scholes and Nemanja Vidic, they were all under the weather.

"Nemanja in particular did well to play in that game, Patrice battled on and I was only going to use Paul if I needed to. I did need to and he did well."

Park takes most of the plaudits though for a fine performance, capped by two clinical goals at crucial times. Sir Alex reflected:

Right on half-time and right on the final whistle are amazing times to score. But Ji's in great form actually, he's been one of our best players in recent weeks. It was another really good performance from him today."
http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pa...newsid=6653339

thought they looked sluggish and off the pace

Unread 06-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Unread 06-11-2010, 07:34 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pa...newsid=6653339

thought they looked sluggish and off the pace
So we were without 12/13 players anyway, and some of those who did start were far from 100%? Then Hargreaves dies again after five minutes.

Wasn't able to see the game myself and it sounds pretty bad, but to beat any top flight team, let alone one in decent playing form like Wolves, under those circumstances is pretty good going.

Unread 06-11-2010, 07:36 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Fergie on Hargreaves: "We took a gamble... It was a disaster."
ffs :shakehead: