United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-03-2009, 09:55 PM
borsuk

bit of a disappointing season for anderson this year but to say he's been shite is overstating it. he was very inconsistent last season but did produce some sparkling displays against very good opposition, which he hasn't this year. on the other hand he's got forward more in his appearances this season and has been an impressive substitute a few times, changing the tempo of the game and helping us to put the other team on the back foot on more than one occasion. he suffers a little from the few very good performances he put in last year and a lot from the ludicrous hyperbole that accompanied his every pass or tackle last year.

fwiw, as i've said before i don't think we've really identified his best role yet. he's been playing in quite a defensive role for us for the most part and i'm not sure this is his best position/role. i'd like to see him with a strong defensive m/f behind him (hargreaves ideally, if not then fletcher) and with more freedom to get forward. ideally he'd be part of a three with carrick and hargreaves (ronnie, rooney, berbles up top). ah well, there's always next season for that...

Unread 20-03-2009, 09:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Erm, is it £#%&!. You said you hadn't commented on him in weeks, yet there are a number of posts there from the just the last week where you're having a dig.
Negatively, I haven't. I never even mentioned him until Marlo brought him up after the the Liverpool game. I have even been very positive about his possible upturn in form following injury.

I have no problem with him, away from here I am a staunch defender of Anderson and what he will bring to United. Unfortunately, on here, I can't stand the £#%&!ing shit that is spouted and go the other way, the fact he hasn't performed in the majority, makes his very easy, I have said for 12 months, ish, that he is laast in the pecking order for central midfield, I don't think this has changed, this isn't slating the lad, or having a dig, it's stating a fact, he's behind Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher and Giggs, Hargreaves as well when he's fit.

Unread 20-03-2009, 10:03 PM
marlo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
that he is laast in the pecking order for central midfield, I don't think this has changed, this isn't slating the lad, or having a dig, it's stating a fact, he's behind Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher and Giggs, Hargreaves as well when he's fit.

bearing in mind hargreaves hasnt played cm for ages and is rarely picked there

Unread 20-03-2009, 10:04 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

bearing in mind hargreaves hasnt played cm for ages and is rarely picked there
more than one reason. come on £#%&!wit back yourself up here.

Unread 20-03-2009, 10:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Smile all you like, I would like to see the number of times he has started ahead of them when they've been fit and available.

There have been times this season when a fit and available Anderson hasn't even made the bench.

Hargreaves has played in midfield this season, IIRC, he played RB last season due to injuries and suspensions elsewhere and was also carrying injuries all last season.

Of course, I'm wrong and so is Fergie, Marlo is correct, one of the most knowledgeable football posters on the forum, dontcha know...

Unread 20-03-2009, 10:09 PM
marlo

Quote:
Smile all you like, I would like to see the number of times he has started ahead of them when they've been fit and available.

There have been times this season when a fit and available Anderson hasn't even made the bench.

Hargreaves has played in midfield this season, IIRC, he played RB last season due to injuries and suspensions elsewhere and was also carrying injuries all last season.

Of course, I'm wrong and so is Fergie, Marlo is correct, one of the most knowledgeable football posters on the forum, dontcha know...
hargreaves played right midfield. you said cm where hargreaves rarely played.

keep going. i cant understand why anyone would think you have a problem with the lad.

Unread 20-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Sparky***

It's incredible how much we expect from 20/21 year olds these days. I remember when Scholes, beckham and the nevilles were just turning 20 years old - they were out on loan and in the reserves.

David beckham didn't even make a premier league appearance until he was 20 I think. Scholes was 20 as well.

And now we have the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo, Anderson, the twins. All first team regulars at the age of 17/18.

We set the bar very high for these kids and we have to remember to give them time to mature as footballers and men.

Unread 20-03-2009, 10:10 PM
believe

Quote:

keep going. i cant understand why anyone would think you have a problem with the lad.
you still thinking of these reasons?

Unread 20-03-2009, 10:14 PM
dunk

Quote:

Compared to your problem's with Hargreaves, Rooney, Berbatov, Vidic, Tosic, etc, etc..

Hargreaves played central midfield against Villareal, alongside Fletcher. Keep going, I can't understand why anyone would think you have a problem with half the United team

Unread 20-03-2009, 10:14 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's incredible how much we expect from 20/21 year olds these days. I remember when Scholes, beckham and the nevilles were just turning 20 years old - they were out on loan and in the reserves.

David beckham didn't even make a premier league appearance until he was 20 I think. Scholes was 20 as well.

And now we have the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo, Anderson, the twins. All first team regulars at the age of 17/18.

We set the bar very high for these kids and we have to remember to give them time to mature as footballers and men.
Look, if you're not going to start slagging one of our players off or accuse a fredster of racial bias, just £#%&! off alright?

Unread 20-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Ether

Quote:
I never even mentioned him until Marlo brought him up after the the Liverpool game.
Wait, first you haven't said anything negative about him for weeks. And now you've only been having a go because Marlo brought him up? Make your mind up.

Unread 20-03-2009, 10:44 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Spot on.

Unread 20-03-2009, 10:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Wait, first you haven't said anything negative about him for weeks. And now you've only been having a go because Marlo brought him up? Make your mind up.
For weeks leading up to Saturdays game I had said only positive and upbeat things about anderson and his future, there were several threads in which anderson was getting shit where I either said nowt or stuck up for him, the only abuse I have given anderson was in the aftermath of saturday and only then in retaluation/response to marlo (hurt the ones they love), and today, mainly injest to pathetic nicknames and dick sucking from certain members of the forum.

The comment I nade was in response tou your accusation that I have a go at him at every opportunity, part of my 'problem with him' I beluieve, which is plainly a %@#$&!s statement.

Is that clear enough for you detective ether, or would you like further statements?

Unread 20-03-2009, 11:00 PM
borsuk

this thread is a right car crash tbh

Unread 21-03-2009, 12:14 AM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Unread 21-03-2009, 12:15 AM
marlo

dunk hates anderson. confirmed.

has attacked everything from his height to his hair.

Unread 21-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Whalefish

Quote:

Lets not forget his bum too. A man has said another man has a big bum.

Unread 21-03-2009, 12:20 AM
dunk

Quote:

Get £#%&!ed. I have pointed out his lack of height and his hair, I have attacked neither. Even if I had, he couldn't attack me back though

Unread 21-03-2009, 12:24 AM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Lets not forget his bum too. A man has said another man has a big bum.
Closed Thread