United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Tumescent Throb

the vermin game was a humbling experience and a total shock to the system. the key is going to be to get the players to separate the two performances psychologically; the Fulham match went pear-shaped but it was a completely different set of circumstances, the type that crop up now and again. it just so happened that this time the timing was very bad. but there's no reason why United can't get right back on track. hopefully Rafael will be back for the villa game which should give us a bit more adventure in our play down that side.

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:35 PM
The Watcher

The corner that resulted in Fulham’s goal came about after Evans legged it, leaving Park in possession without anyone to pass too. Another defensive £#%&! up - just like the one that lead to Liverpool’s first two goals at OT. Throb, we're making the same mistakes again and again - unforced errors that result in us giving away cheap goals. We're then forced to chase games with an attack that's been very goal shy all season.

Of course, we'd been shockingly bad before Scholes was even sent off.

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Sparky***

£#%&! me Liverpool have a piss easy run in.

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:41 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'm meant to be going to Canada this summer. If the season plays out as I fear it will, I think I might just £#%&!ing stay there till next season. Maybe longer!

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I'm meant to be going to Canada this summer. If the season plays out as I fear it will, I think I might just £#%&!ing stay there till next season. Maybe longer!
Can I come with you.

If today was anything to go by with the smug, gloating scouse fans at work then I may just put myself in a box and mail it to alaska.

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
The corner that resulted in Fulham’s goal came about after Evans legged it, leaving Park in possession without anyone to pass too. Another defensive £#%&! up - just like the one that lead to Liverpool’s first two goals at OT. Throb, we're making the same mistakes again and again - unforced errors that result in us giving away cheap goals. We're then forced to chase games with an attack that's been very goal shy all season.

Of course, we'd been shockingly bad before Scholes was even sent off.
wasn't it Evra who £#%&!ed up leaving Park to play a blind pass to no-one? anyway whatever...

i agree with jem that it was a miracle we kept a clean sheet for so many games given the mistakes we make at the back. not surprising we've been hit hard sooner or later.

the psychological part is crucial though. the last two games were completely different scenarios. the only thing they really had in common is that they were both bad!

you have to remember that whatever we were doing before the vermin game it was good enough to get us into a powerful position where we could take a few hits. now we go again with a small head start and a quarter of the season to run.

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Sparky***

It'll be interesting to hear if Mr Benitez and his rat eating hoardes of conspiracy theorists want to moan that the refs are all in 'fegies pocket' after the last week's results.

Unread 23-03-2009, 02:00 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Our's isn't too difficult either. All games we've got left to play ought to be 3 points. Forget dropping points at Middlesbrough, they are woeful atm.

Unread 23-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Our's isn't too difficult either. All games we've got left to play ought to be 3 points. Forget dropping points at Middlesbrough, they are woeful atm.
Er, they're woeful EVERY year apart from when we turn up, ste.

Unread 23-03-2009, 02:04 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
It'll be interesting to hear if Mr Benitez and his rat eating hoardes of conspiracy theorists want to moan that the refs are all in 'fegies pocket' after the last week's results.
don't think we can blame the refs - but i take your point, 2 pens and 3 red cards, largely justified.

Even if Rafas rant way back when had an impact on referees, you can't legislate for the perfomance defensivley against the vermin.

Unread 23-03-2009, 02:06 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Our record up there isn't as bad as some people like to make out.

Unread 23-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
don't think we can blame the refs - but i take your point, 2 pens and 3 red cards, largely justified.

Even if Rafas rant way back when had an impact on referees, you can't legislate for the perfomance defensivley against the vermin.
I'm not complaining about the decisions mate, but teams 'never get pens against man utd'

Add to that Liverpool got ANOTHER 2 pens yesterday and another red card for the opposition and they really haven't got grounds to moan about £#%&! all.

Unread 23-03-2009, 02:08 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
I'm not complaining about the decisions mate, but teams 'never get pens against man utd'

Add to that Liverpool got ANOTHER 2 pens yesterday and another red card for the opposition and they really haven't got grounds to moan about £#%&! all.
there seem to have been a lot of reds at anfield this year.

noticed their second goal was along the lines of the route one attack we so badly managed to deal with..

I only saw 10 minutes leading upto their second, villa were actually playing some decent stuff and getting at them, as we did in parts, but they are taking their chances at the moment.

Unread 23-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Rhodzy

I may have to take a break from this forum until the villa game as the doomlodery is making me sick.

Unread 23-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Neon Tiger

Quote:
We win there every other year don't we? 04/05 = win, 05/06 = loss, 06/07 = win, 07/08 = draw.....08/09 = win?

Anyway, Boro wont even matter unless we give ourselves a platform to work with against Villa.

Unread 23-03-2009, 07:45 PM
gbmufc

£#%&!ing hell we were 7 points behinds a few weeks back and would have been £#%&!ing exstatic if we had come to where we are now a little later than we did.

Get a £#%&!ing grip for £#%&! sake. We will be 4 points clear if we win our game in hand.

Unread 23-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
£#%&!ing hell we were 7 points behinds a few weeks back and would have been £#%&!ing exstatic if we had come to where we are now a little later than we did.

Get a £#%&!ing grip for £#%&! sake. We will be 4 points clear if we win our game in hand.
No. Out there in the real world, at work is where i have my 'sensible head' on. Where I just shrug it off and say 'one of those days etc..'

On here i reserve the right to be a panicky old tart who talks %@#$&!s.

Unread 23-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Zorg

Just calculated the fixtures and results etc. and came up with United winning it by two points. And that was being kind to Liverpool and harsh on us.

It all depends on the Villa game, if the players come back looking like they've got the right head on them, it will be fine. If not, I'll help you with that box to Alaska, Sparky.
Closed Thread