United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-03-2009, 06:48 PM
CockOfTheNorth

SAF > any assistant manager

Unread 22-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Sloane

giggs and others have hinted in interviews in the past that quieroz was pratically doing 90% of the coaching and preperations last season

Unread 22-03-2009, 10:34 PM
denis lawless

a good number two is worth his weight in gold....its no coincidence we were shite the season Fergie when without one.....

as for Mr Q....some people are not cut out to be a No1 ...look at Kiddo....McClaren was a great No 2...not so hot as the main man.....

look at man of the moment Cloughie.....didnt he do his best work with his sidekick Taylor ?

as brilliant as Fergie has been over the decades, his best teams were the ones when he had a straight man next to him

Unread 22-03-2009, 10:40 PM
marlo

when was the last time saf won the league without a recognised no.2???

Unread 22-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
when was the last time saf won the league without a recognised no.2???
Define 'recognised'.

Unread 22-03-2009, 10:50 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Define 'recognised'.
some whose name he could remember each morning

Unread 22-03-2009, 10:51 PM
The Greatest

phelan has little input

Muelensteen is the main man

Trust me

Unread 22-03-2009, 11:19 PM
HollowmanVIII

The best thing Phelan has done all season was pop that balloon at Stamford Bridge. The sooner CQ comes back the better imo.

Unread 22-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Tumescent Throb

i don't understand why a great manager like Ferguson would need an assistant manager anyway

no other teams have them ffs

Unread 22-03-2009, 11:23 PM
wonky no

archie rocks

Unread 22-03-2009, 11:26 PM
The taste of...

The vermin played high up the park against us. Slope head will have told Murphy do the same. They did. We couldn't change it. Queiroz changed those games regularly last year. It was always him in the technical area. SAF does it himself now.

If we can't get him back maybe we could just stop getting sent off?

Unread 23-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
The vermin played high up the park against us. Slope head will have told Murphy do the same. They did. We couldn't change it. Queiroz changed those games regularly last year. It was always him in the technical area. SAF does it himself now.

If we can't get him back maybe we could just stop getting sent off?
why the hell would any manager in the Premiership need to be told to allow our centrebacks to pass it sideways if they want to?

Unread 23-03-2009, 12:35 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless

look at man of the moment Cloughie.....didnt he do his best work with his sidekick Taylor ?

yes, Taylor wouldn't come to Leeds

44 days

Unread 23-03-2009, 12:54 AM
denis lawless

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
yes, Taylor wouldn't come to Leeds

44 days
yeap...and Taylor didnt rip up any trees as number one when he had a go himself.....

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:13 AM
Tumescent Throb

to be completely brutal about it, Ferguson's best team was the one where his "straight man" £#%&!ed off halfway through the season and was replaced a good few weeks later

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:15 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
to be completely brutal about it, Ferguson's best team was the one where his "straight man" £#%&!ed off halfway through the season and was replaced a good few weeks later
by another decent No. 2

how did he get on during the season he when solo

how did Clough get on when he fell out with Taylor

Mike n Bernie Winters were never the same after they split up

Ernie was shit once Eric had kicked the bucket

the list goes on n on

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:17 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
by another decent No. 2

how did he get on during the season he when solo
are you arguing against yourself here DL

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:20 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
are you arguing against yourself here DL
not really...i thought you were saying Fergie doesnt need a No 2 (no pun intended).......

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:26 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
not really...i thought you were saying Fergie doesnt need a No 2 (no pun intended).......
no not at all

when you reach a high level it means you should be good enough to delegate

and when you can delegate successfully it means you've reached the top

or something like that

don't think McLaren got United properly during the treble season at all btw, if he ever really got it - did a decent job mind

Kidd was superb of course

which season are you on about when there was no assistant? 01/02 I take it, when we failed to be the 1st team ever to win 4-in-a-row and lost the CL s/f?!

the United job is huge now but the first team are hardly in a bad position are they, and there's some quality coming through as well

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:37 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
no not at all

when you reach a high level it means you should be good enough to delegate

and when you can delegate successfully it means you've reached the top

or something like that

don't think McLaren got United properly during the treble season at all btw, if he ever really got it - did a decent job mind

Kidd was superb of course

which season are you on about when there was no assistant? 01/02 I take it, when we failed to be the 1st team ever to win 4-in-a-row and lost the CL s/f?!

the United job is huge now but the first team are hardly in a bad position are they, and there's some quality coming through as well
cant remember the year, it was in the 2000's, but we won £#%&! all and didnt look like winning anything either....i remember it to be a season we were all over the place.

yeah, delegation is the key to success...but the people you delegate to need to be good and know what theyre doing.

regarding this thread CQ for me knew what he was doing and he has been missed to a degree this season......i think he makes a shite manager but as a No.2 hes good....maybe once hes burnt his fingers a second time, he'll realise that himself.....but for me, i like to cut off my nose to spite my face and i wouldnt have him back after he £#%&!ed off a second time....i wasnt too happy about him returning last time but i was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt....but not a second time...no siree
Closed Thread