United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:12 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I remember Giggs hitting a few good 'uns too. We've got the £#%&!ing players to try something different. It's absurd that he get's EVERY single one.
it's absurd he does the same thing with every single one as well. almost never passes, almost never places it, just tries to whack the laces off it every single time :shakehead:

get fabio in

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:13 PM
mark o

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I remember Giggs hitting a few good 'uns too. We've got the £#%&!ing players to try something different. It's absurd that he get's EVERY single one.
You don't have to shoot from every free kick either, surely we can be a little more inventive.

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Ether

I think a few people are going over the top with the Ronaldo slating, but the criticism of his free-kicks is definitely justified.

He seemed to be developing consistency and a bit of variation last season, £#%&! knows what's happened to that this year.

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:15 PM
wonky no

i havn't been ronaldos biggest fan all season and i do think we have got results this season despite him rather than because of him. i won't blame him now the results are a bit sticky though, after all he's not the club captain or the manager so tbf someone isn't doing their job if he's being let to waste opportunity after opportunity.

There has to be a time where fergie really puts his faith in the lads who will remain for the following season. we might not have an abundance of natural width in the squad but we certainly have the players to capitalise on dead ball situations.

what happend to that serbian fella??

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:15 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Schlong
Rubbish.
are you aware of how we were playing while he was out?

are you aware he is our top scorer and our most dangerous player?

do you think we can rely on berbatov or rooney for goals given that one isnt up to it and the other not the best finisher and very inconsistent?

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:16 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark o
You don't have to shoot from every free kick either, surely we can be a little more inventive.
short memories. did you watch our last home game....?

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:16 PM
MUFC One Love

I actually think his behavior this season may result in Fergie £#%&!ing him off this summer.

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:17 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
i havn't been ronaldos biggest fan all season and i do think we have got results this season despite him rather than because of him. i won't blame him now the results are a bit sticky though, after all he's not the club captain or the manager so tbf someone isn't doing their job if he's being let to waste opportunity after opportunity.

There has to be a time where fergie really puts his faith in the lads who will remain for the following season. we might not have an abundance of natural width in the squad but we certainly have the players to capitalise on dead ball situations.

what happend to that serbian fella??
ive been waiting for this gem.

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
here we go. the anti ronaldo clan are out.

What a crock of shite.

You can't think he should be on every free kick. I cannot believe that for one second.

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:21 PM
MUFC One Love

One thing this season, he seems to be playing as an out and out winger, looks like he has been told to, bit weird tbh. Rarely see him central these days.

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:23 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
I think a few people are going over the top with the Ronaldo slating, but the criticism of his free-kicks is definitely justified.

He seemed to be developing consistency and a bit of variation last season, £#%&! knows what's happened to that this year.
In what way?

I don't think anyone is blaming him for our poor form, but it is infuriating to watch a player not putting in enough effort and acting like a spoiled kid on the pitch. For all the talent he has there is no excuse for him not tracking back and trying to win the ball back. There are things he can do which you can't expect from less gifted players, but every player, including him, should be getting stuck in and working hard off the ball. There can be no excuse and it's sickening to watch as a fan. He deserves all the criticism he gets for it.

marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafty Crank

What a crock of shite.

You can't think he should be on every free kick. I cannot believe that for one second.
what did he do with his freekicks against liverpool at home?

any variation?
any inventiveness?

anything come of it?

marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
One thing this season, he seems to be playing as an out and out winger, looks like he has been told to, bit weird tbh. Rarely see him central these days.
we both know why.

cant play centrally and get in cantonas way.

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:24 PM
MUFC One Love

I disagree that he doesn't put in enough effort tbh.

I think Ronaldo wants to win just as much as anyone in the team.

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:25 PM
marlo

Quote:

nope. he is playing against us. only him.

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:26 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
we both know why.

cant play centrally and get in cantonas way.
No, the system has been different most of the time this season not just with Berbatov. Let the Berbatov thing go mate, I'd say it's likely he'll do very well for United, like Carrick has.

It's been a weird season all round tbh, loads of injuries, suspensions etc. Seems to be no continuity. I also think Fergal changes the team far to much, wholesale changes all the time, surely that can't help.

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:27 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
nope. he is playing against us. only him.
I think people just get confused with the way he is. He does care imo. Has the wrong way of showing it. Although the amount of shit people get away with, with him is a joke.

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:27 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:

Maybe he should learn from some of the great players in United's history about how to act on the pitch when your team needs you.

Waving his arms in the air, frozen still up the pitch moaning at the ref...when his team are a goal and a man down. FFS

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:28 PM
marlo

Quote:
I think people just get confused with the way he is. He does care imo. Has the wrong way of showing it. Although the amount of shit people get away with, with him is a joke.
he does throw hissy fits but some act as if he is trying to punish the team.

he just has an immature way of showing how much he cares.

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
In what way?
Er, that we should sell him. That he's done £#%&! all this season. That he has a negative effect on the team.

All over-reactions imo.
Closed Thread