United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:41 PM
wiganste

Default Free kicks

I know it's been touched on before but why the £#%&! does Ronaldo have the monopoly on free kicks? It doesn't matter if it suits a left footer, Ronaldo will take it. If it's on the edge of the area and requires a delicate chip over the wall, Ronaldo smashes it as hard as he can which normally ends up in the wall or high & wide. 20 yards or 40 yards, he'll shoot. Waste of £#%&!ing time and I no longer get excited when we get a free kick around the area.

Where the £#%&! is the variation? Why doesn't Giggs snatch the £#%&!ing ball from him and tell him to £#%&! off for a change?

He's pissed me off this season tbh. Hissy fits, acting the @#%&!, petulance etc. He needs to stop believing all the hype about himself - although he's world player of the year - he's nowhere near the top ten in the world atm.

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Whalefish

Angry

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:44 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I know it's been touched on before but why the £#%&! does Ronaldo have the monopoly on free kicks? It doesn't matter if it suits a left footer, Ronaldo will take it. If it's on the edge of the area and requires a delicate chip over the wall, Ronaldo smashes it as hard as he can which normally ends up in the wall or high & wide. 20 yards or 40 yards, he'll shoot. Waste of £#%&!ing time and I no longer get excited when we get a free kick around the area.

Where the £#%&! is the variation? Why doesn't Giggs snatch the £#%&!ing ball from him and tell him to £#%&! off for a change?

He's pissed me off this season tbh. Hissy fits, acting the @#%&!, petulance etc. He needs to stop believing all the hype about himself - although he's world player of the year - he's nowhere near the top ten in the world atm.

It's in his contract.

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:48 PM
The Mull

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:48 PM
TreeFiddy

Ste, you're killing me here.

Just when I thought I couldn't get more pissed off you remind me about Ronaldo. Nothing pissed me off more today than that @#%&! acting like a @#%&!.

It's a sad state of affairs when the captain of the side and appearance record holder is unwilling to offend Ronaldo and take the free kick himself. Absolute madness.

As for free kicks around the box, Ronaldo is crap at these. Berbatov and Tevez both take nice free kicks from close range, but are never given a chance to take one.

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Wafty Crank

Spot on. Quite a few today were crying out to be lifted to the back post, but were simply smashed into the wall. Pitiful. Variety. That's all I'm asking for. We are totally predictable.

Least we won't have that problem next season.

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:53 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafty Crank
Spot on. Quite a few today were crying out to be lifted to the back post, but were simply smashed into the wall. Pitiful. Variety. That's all I'm asking for. We are totally predictable.

Least we won't have that problem next season.
The way I'm feeling now I wouldn't be arsed if we sold him in the summer. He's been a £#%&!ing brilliant player for us and we'll not get many better but this season, there's too much of a 'billy big %@#$&!s' about him.

His constant whining everytime he gets tackled does my £#%&!ing nut in. Rather than carrying on trying to win the ball back, he stands there waving his arms and mouthing at the officials. Dreadful.

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:59 PM
The Mull

Quote:
The way I'm feeling now I wouldn't be arsed if we sold him in the summer. He's been a £#%&!ing brilliant player for us and we'll not get many better but this season, there's too much of a 'billy big %@#$&!s' about him.

His constant whining everytime he gets tackled does my £#%&!ing nut in. Rather than carrying on trying to win the ball back, he stands there waving his arms and mouthing at the officials. Dreadful.
I concur Stephen, I also think it's affecting team moral, his work ethic is non existant, so as good as he is, let him sod off bleeding Primadonna. Will be sorry in some respects but hey ho.

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Wafty Crank

Quote:

His season summed up right there, can't fault a word of that. I'd be delighted to keep him, yet not wholly gutted if we sold him (providing we got a decent wedge - £50m plus - for him). Team has done enough without him this season to feel confident about a Ronaldo-less future. If he stays, though, the free kicks need to be spread around.

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:01 PM
wonky no

Quote:

it must have a negative effect on the players around him too. park with ronaldo's skill would be a perfect combination, infact i think that is messi.

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:02 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
I concur Stephen, I also think it's affecting team moral, his work ethic is non existant, so as good as he is, let him sod off bleeding Primadonna. Will be sorry in some respects but hey ho.
have to agree Gedster - but lets hope we are resurrecting this thread for a bit of a chuckle at the end of the season.

For today however it is correct.

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:03 PM
mark o

Ronaldo's strops do piss me off, but to be fair they kicked him all over the £#%&!ing park today and that @#%&! Dowd gave him £#%&! all (apart from a yellow when he decided to kick back).

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Coracao

Quote:

For all the slagging Keano gets on here, Ronaldo would never get away with the shit he was doing today if Keane was playing. Acting the @#%&! when we have 10 men is £#%&!ing unacceptable.

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:04 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

I've said this for months about Ronaldo.

His absolute refusal to try and win the ball back is a £#%&!ing disgrace.

My father in law will now and again watch a game with me.He's not into football, and doesn't know too much about the game.He was watching United-Liverpool with me last week and Ronaldo lost the ball and he says:

"Well, he won't chase after the £#%&!ing ball will he?It's like running back after the ball is beneath him."

Having a bad game is forgivable.Being unarsed, constantly, isn't.

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:04 PM
borsuk

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:08 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
And there's a few about of Tevez for West Ham and Berbatov for Spurs.Even Rooney's against Fenerbahce, a quality goal/free-kick.

No-one gets a look in when Ronnie's on the pitch though.

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:08 PM
marlo

here we go. the anti ronaldo clan are out.

you do realise he is our best player and without him we would be back in arsenals position.

hardworking park has notched up 2 goals and no assists this season.
ronaldo has scored nearly as many as rooney and berbatov.

he is just frustrated as off late and if you had to pick out why its because of the new way the team is playing.

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:09 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
And there's a few about of Tevez for West Ham and Berbatov for Spurs.Even Rooney's against Fenerbahce, a quality goal/free-kick.

No-one gets a look in when Ronnie's on the pitch though.
I remember Giggs hitting a few good 'uns too. We've got the £#%&!ing players to try something different. It's absurd that he get's EVERY single one.

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:10 PM
King Schlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

you do realise he is our best player and without him we would be back in arsenals position.

he is just frustrated as off late and if you had to pick out why its because of the new way the team is playing.
Rubbish.

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:12 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

trust contrary mary to take the opposite view
Closed Thread