United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Luffy

Default Nani & Anderson should be given extended runs now. oh and our strikers are shite

Our other players either need freshening up or their weaknesses are coming to the fore now. As effective as Fletch may be against tough teams, we all know he's not a top player. Same for Park.

Carrick looks jaded.

Rarely using Giggs and Scholes helped their form, but their form has seen them elevated to regular players so we need to get back to using them sparingly.

So we need Anderson and Nani to step up. They've been non-existent this season.

Anderson was a large part in our success last season and has almost been frozen out this, partly due to great form from others and slight dip in his own. but if we want him to get it back he needs to play. He got off to a shaky start last season but got into his stride after a few dodgy games. Magnificent when he gets going.

Nani is annoying, but he needs confidence and is a match winner. He's one of our few players with good pace who can both create and score. He's been slagged off for both this season, but we shouldn't forget that he may be the best crosser we have at the club, created a fair number of goals with crosses last season and he's bagged more than a few great goals in his time. He needs nurturing not banging on the head til he gets it right. It doesn't help that our strikeforce is shite and can't get on the end of crosses to save their life.

I can't believe how shit our strikers are. I've never seen a more expensive set of ok players. None of them can call themselves goal scorers. The way each and every single one of them shits their pants and fluffs almost every good scoring opportunity is unacceptable at a club of this calibre. Its outrageous that everytime we see a chance within 10 yards of the goal, if its not Ronaldo I'm never confident of a goal, thats absurd.

With players like Ruud, Torres, both Ronaldos, even Ole, Cole - when they get a chance in the 5 yard box, or a one on one, you expect them to slot it home. They might get it wrong now and then, but by and large, goal scoring comes naturally to them.

what the £#%&!s wrong with our guys? Compared to the assured finish by torres last weekend, our boys are @#%&!. Thats acceptable coming from Ji sung Park, who seems to panic when he see's the net, and even Anderson who's a young midfielder, but not a collection of £30+m strikers. they spend day in day out putting balls in the net in training. the way they apply themselve sin a match is a disgrace, yes, rooney included.

rooney is fabulous, I wouldnt sell him no matter the price, but his goalscoring is pants. If you made a compilation video of all the chances missed by our strikers, it would be the stupidest compilation of any top players. The way he fluffed his chance today was ridiculous. he shouldn't have just blasted it, he should have had the composure and skill to make an opening. thats what top strikers do. You get the feeling everytime they take a shot on goal whether its from 30 or 3 yards its a bit hit and hope, and thats not good enough.

NOT £#%&!ING GOOD ENOUGH FOR MAN UTD.

we can get a striker who treats goal scoring as an art, or as a science, but not players who treat it like a £#%&!ing lottery and are more likely to slip on their wobbly nerves or fire a blank on a rush of blood to the head. absolute joke. get on the training ground and get the £#%&!ing act together.

I hate to say it but we never should have signed berbatov, he's not a ruthless goalscorer, he's not a prolific creator, he's not even a winner. comparing him to eric is the biggest miscalculation I've ever seen fergie make. Berbatov is neither a leader, artist, inspiration or lover of beautiful things. Cantona taught a whole generation of utd players and fans to love the beautiful game and play it in the right way, and he filled us with arrogance and pride, those 2 things alone made us tough to beat.

you'd never see Eric put in the performances berbatov does. half hearted, lacking conviction, taking the easy option, afraid to make things happen by himself. Eric was always ALWAYS looking for the ambitious pass or cheeky chip or moment of glory. thats what makes players special. thats why ronaldo is priceles, yo have to ask the question of yourself and press the buttons otherwise you're just waiting for someone else to press it.

our strikers have bags of ability, but its their mentality that pisses me off.

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:06 PM
marlo

i agree regarding nani.
for all his annoying trates (i cant see them tbh) he is productive. would have got a goal or assist or something in some of these games.

scored against the scousers last season didnt he and is always dangerous.

park just isnt productive enough to play these must win games we have coming up. we are going out to win games not contain teams. play a balanced midfield and we dont need parks workrate at all.

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Berbatov is neither a leader, artist, inspiration or lover of beautiful things.
:bi:

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:10 PM
ScarFace

Luffy, did'nt you once say Viva Pinata was a good game?

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Luffy, did'nt you once say Viva Pinata was a good game?
Haha! I remember that. Nearly bought it when I got my Xbox because he kept going on about it.

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:22 PM
borsuk

anderson and nani to save our season

lord help us

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Coracao

Boll.ocks.yet.again.

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:25 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
anderson and nani to save our season

lord help us
Yep.

It's amazing how good players are when they aren't playing isn't it?

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:32 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Yep.

It's amazing how good players are when they aren't playing isn't it?
£#%&!ing ludicrous. carrick and fletcher first names on the team sheet for the rest of the season, ideally with giggs in a three. whether it's tiredness or form, evra needs benching. rooney to play up top for the rest of the games he's available for. and fergie stop trying to be too clever.

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:34 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
£#%&!ing ludicrous. carrick and fletcher first names on the team sheet for the rest of the season, ideally with giggs in a three. whether it's tiredness or form, evra needs benching. rooney to play up top for the rest of the games he's available for. and fergie stop trying to be too clever.

That's about it in a nutshell

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Ether

Quote:
carrick and fletcher first names on the team sheet for the rest of the season, ideally with giggs in a three.
Absolute rubbish.

Carrick can't play that many games in a row without his form suffering. Fletcher is not good enough going forward to be starting every game.

Giggs, Carrick and Fletch haven't started as a midfield three in the league all season

Your post is as much of a knee-jerk reaction as Luffy's.

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:47 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Absolute rubbish.

Carrick can't play that many games in a row without his form suffering. Fletcher is not good enough going forward to be starting every game.

Giggs, Carrick and Fletch haven't started as a midfield three in the league all season

Your post is as much of a knee-jerk reaction as Luffy's.
%@#$&!s. giggs and fletcher have been our best pairing this season imo. carrick was rested today and will have a couple of weeks off. i'm not suggesting we can't rest players from time to time but those three should be the basis of our m/f for the rest of the season.

other than giggs, fletcher has been the only m/f who has provided any goal threat this season. but his job is to allow carrick and giggs to express themselves, as he has successfully done already.

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Whalefish

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Whalefish

Thought Fletcher came out of today's game with some credit btw.

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Ether

Quote:
%@#$&!s. giggs and fletcher have been our best pairing this season imo. carrick was rested today and will have a couple of weeks off. i'm not suggesting we can't rest players from time to time but those three should be the basis of our m/f for the rest of the season.

other than giggs, fletcher has been the only m/f who has provided any goal threat this season. but his job is to allow carrick and giggs to express themselves, as he has successfully done already.
Well, I'm afraid it isn't %@#$&!s, as they haven't started as a midfield 3 all season. No idea why Fergie would suddenly decide this is our first-choice midfield trio with no prior evidence that it even really works.

Fletch has what, 1 goal more than Carrick and Scholes? He's hardly Frank Lampard. Against poorer teams, at home, I don't think we need him.

Love the way you've just decided who should play for the next 2 months regardless of such trifling concerns as form btw.

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Well, I'm afraid it isn't %@#$&!s, as they haven't started as a midfield 3 all season. No idea why Fergie would suddenly decide this is our first-choice midfield trio with no prior evidence that it even really works.

Fletch has what, 1 goal more than Carrick and Scholes? He's hardly Frank Lampard. Against poorer teams, at home, I don't think we need him.

Love the way you've just decided who should play for the next 2 months regardless of such trifling concerns as form btw.
They started vs Inter away. Arguably our best away performance this season (against a decent side).

Unread 21-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Tumescent Throb

Thumbs up

Nani can score goals, so I'm all for that.

Nani Ronaldo and Giggs up front next time out against Villa, whirling dervishing their way round Berbatov. Carrick and Fletcher in the centre. Fabio left of a three man defence with ferdinand and Evans; Rafael as a libero

6-3 United

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:00 PM
borsuk

Quote:

it's exactly form which i'm thinking about. look, if somebody starts playing crap then they should be left out, but those three are our best m/fders right now. and saying we don't need fletcher just flies in the face of the evidence - we play better with him, simple as that.

Unread 21-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
They started vs Inter away. Arguably our best away performance this season (against a decent side).
Sorry, I did say league the first time. Regardless, I don't think you can say they're our best midfield based on 1 game?

Fergie should keep doing what he's been doing all season imo, changing the midfield as and when he sees fit. It's hardly done bad for us up to now. The problems in the last 2 games have come because he clearly picked the wrong midfield. Not had a bad strike rate if you look at the season as a whole though.
Closed Thread