United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-03-2009, 11:26 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Possibly, but I thought the problem with Carrick on Wednesday was Scholes, meaning Carrick had to the work of 2 men.

The problem with Carrick was the lack of Fletcher. It's a bitter pill to swallow for a lot of United fans (Hi Jem ) but we are a better side with Fletch in it atm.
I couldn't understand Fletcher not playing. His type of game. Gerrard wouldn't have had some much space if Fletcher was playing.

Then again, if Vidic didn't play like he's never seen a football before, we would have been ok.

Unread 16-03-2009, 11:27 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I couldn't understand Fletcher not playing. His type of game. Gerrard wouldn't have had some much space if Fletcher was playing.

Then again, if Vidic didn't play like he's never seen a football before, we would have been ok.
thats better

Unread 16-03-2009, 11:32 AM
marlo

i love the way carricks problem is always his partner and not him.
carrick was poor full stop. anderson was also poor and they just both had off days.

carrick has had two stinkers in a row now and i remember him being poor at anfield and subbed at half time and also off the pace at the emirates.

people have bad days. our squad is the best in the premiership and possibly europe people need to calm down.

the player who doesnt play is always 'the missing link'. and its not as if fletcher hasnt had absolute stinkers.

Unread 16-03-2009, 11:37 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
carrick was poor full stop. anderson was also poor and they just both had off days.

carrick has had two stinkers in a row now and i remember him being poor at anfield and subbed at half time and also off the pace at the emirates.

people have bad days. our squad is the best in the premiership and possibly europe people need to calm down.

the player who doesnt play is always 'the missing link'. and its not as if fletcher hasnt had absolute stinkers.
agree in some part marls but the reason for people saying its not carrick its others around him is because he has been the key player in midfield for us besides scholes he should be leading and making the passes. Anderson looked out of his depth like he did not know what to do carrick just played shit.

Unread 16-03-2009, 11:45 AM
dodger

Quote:

Carrick was poor. Anderson was worse; where was his form to justify his selection though? Bone headed imo.
Add Bambi Vidic and you've got a probem

Unread 16-03-2009, 11:46 AM
dunk

Quote:

I remember him getting his ankle broken after 25 minutes by Xabi Alonso at anfield and playing on 'till half time, I also remember the Emirates being only his 2nd game back from that injury, after Celtic.

Carrick has been excellent all season.

Unread 16-03-2009, 11:50 AM
marlo

Quote:
I remember him getting his ankle broken after 25 minutes by Xabi Alonso at anfield and playing on 'till half time, I also remember the Emirates being only his 2nd game back from that injury, after Celtic.

Carrick has been excellent all season.
2nd game back from injury.

do we only used that excuse for carrick then?

Unread 16-03-2009, 11:52 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Carrick was poor. Anderson was worse; where was his form to justify his selection though? Bone headed imo.
Add Bambi Vidic and you've got a probem
anderson and carrick were poor equally poor. if anything carrick was the worse of the two.

we had a counter on early in thr 2nd half and carrick just put the ball in row z for no reason.

no one performed on saturday. fergie knew this which was why he subbed our whole midfield. something he hasnt done for a while.

Unread 16-03-2009, 11:52 AM
dunk

Quote:
2nd game back from injury.

do we only used that excuse for carrick then?
I've not said anything about Anderson.

(Although it was his 4th game, including reserves )

Unread 16-03-2009, 11:54 AM
marlo

Quote:
I've not said anything about Anderson.

(Although it was his 4th game, including reserves )
arsenal away was carricks 4th game back. 3rd start.

Unread 16-03-2009, 11:58 AM
dunk

Quote:
arsenal away was carricks 4th game back. 3rd start.
If you're going to be pedantic, Carrick had played well more than once in the last 12 months. (and he was still better than Anderson that day, only you Anderson fan boys couldn't see that).

I'm not criticising Anderson because I don't expect that much from him atm, I am waiting to be pleasantly surprised.

Unread 16-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Gazw649

I hear Klebersons available.....

Unread 16-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Tumescent Throb

bring in a wide man and get the shackles off Ronaldo

he has been held in abeyance too long and we are nowhere near the team we could be

also if Ronaldo is supposed to hug the touchline and spread the defence why the £#%&! hasn't he always got a runner to give him a forward £#%&!ing option?

we've badly missed Wes Brown this season, and we are currently badly missing Rafael. Hargreaves would be nice as well. Hopefully it's not too late to bring Sosa in in the summer ;-}

Unread 16-03-2009, 12:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Get £#%&!ed.

He was poor, as was Carrick, but Anderson was worse, Carrick spent most of his time covering Anderson's lack of defensive and positional awareness. He ran around a lot and looked bright for twenty minutes, then his lack of discipline cost us, he faded badly and was utterly £#%&!ed from the start of the second half.

We have lost 3 times this season, Anderson has started all 3 games.

Admittedly, so has VDS and a few others, but you love these sweeping statements so I thought I would give you one

Unread 16-03-2009, 12:09 PM
marlo

Quote:
Get £#%&!ed.

He was poor, as was Carrick, but Anderson was worse, Carrick spent most of his time covering Anderson's lack of defensive and positional awareness. He ran around a lot and looked bright for twenty minutes, then his lack of discipline cost us, he faded badly and was utterly £#%&!ed from the start of the second half.

We have lost 3 times this season, Anderson has started all 3 games.

Admittedly, so has VDS and a few others, but you love these sweeping statements so I thought I would give you one
not sure what you are trying to prove.

we had a bad game over the weekend and most of our best players were poor.

only player that can come out of the game with any credit is probably tevez.

Unread 16-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

how many goal attempts did Tevez have?

Unread 16-03-2009, 12:12 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
not sure what you are trying to prove.

we had a bad game over the weekend and most of our best players were poor.

only player that can come out of the game with any credit is probably tevez.
and that is were you can stop tevez first touch was £#%&!ing rancid he was terrible bring back ruud

Unread 16-03-2009, 12:13 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
how many goal attempts did Tevez have?
maybe 1 and a few half chances.

he also played a good ball which help draw the penalty we got.

he didnt have a blinder by any means but a decent game which was why he stayed on the pitch on saturday and wasnt subbed as usual.

will you judge ALL out strikers on goal attempts?

Unread 16-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Whalefish

I thought Tevez had a poor game tbh. Some effort and a decent pass for Park but if his finishing was better could've scored a couple. Sorry, his finishing should've been better. The bit in the second half where he played Skrtel - pushing him into his goal - and not the ball (which was much easier) left me speechless.

I still fail to understand why he tries to nick it past a defender and tries to run past him. The defender more often than not clears it due to his lack of pace. He tried it to Hypia on Saturday and couldn't beat him. Pack it in. Get your head up, hold onto the ball and look for a pass.
Closed Thread