United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-03-2009, 04:09 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Anyone hear Richard Keys there, 'lets have a look at what this does to the Grand Slam table'

Grand Slam table?

Jesus £#%&!ing wept

Anyway, didn't do that much. We're still stop with a game in hand

£#%&! off you scouse @#%&!s.
Tbh i watched the game the usual way when it's on sky with the volume turned down, switched off when the third went in so missed the 4th, who scored it and was it down to another defensive howler.

Unread 14-03-2009, 04:10 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
Freak result. Forget it and move on.
yep.

we were inept defensively today and impotent in attack, but this team deserve the benefit of the doubt after all they've achieved. i wouldn't bet against us going unbeaten for the rest of the season now.

Unread 14-03-2009, 04:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Chelsea have out played us in recent times, as have Arsenal. If Liverpool had done that, fair enough, but they just had one of them days where even long balls went for them. The scousers will have you believe they out played us, but despite us looking tired and sloppy, they still didn't out play us.
True, we gave them 3 goals, 1 decent free kick, but they scored with every attempt. It's just a freak day, if we had been outplayed I would be gutted and angry, but I am just perplexed. One of those inexplicable days where everything goes wrong, you could see it in the players faces.

Unread 14-03-2009, 04:12 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
Tbh i watched the game the usual way when it's on sky with the volume turned down, switched off when the third went in so missed the 4th, who scored it and was it down to another defensive howler.

1439: GOAL Manchester United 1-4 Liverpool
Talk about rubbing salt into the wound. A long Pepe Reina ball from the back is missed by what is left of the United defence and Andrea Dossena lifts the ball magnificently over a stranded Edwin van der Sar and into the net, sending the visiting fans into a state of delirium.

Unread 14-03-2009, 04:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
Dossena, and yes, long ball from reina, straight through, no touch from anyone to Dossena, who lifted it over the keeper.

Unread 14-03-2009, 04:13 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
1439: GOAL Manchester United 1-4 Liverpool
Talk about rubbing salt into the wound. A long Pepe Reina ball from the back is missed by what is left of the United defence and Andrea Dossena lifts the ball magnificently over a stranded Edwin van der Sar and into the net, sending the visiting fans into a state of delirium.
but still without the league for nearly 20 years

Unread 14-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Whalefish

Angry

Perspective? It can £#%&! right off today. Back to front we were poor. I'm not in a forgiving mood at the moment. Humiliated in our own back yard.

Unread 14-03-2009, 04:15 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Perspective? It can £#%&! right off today. Back to front we were poor. I'm not in a forgiving mood at the moment. Humiliated in our own back yard.
City last season was worse imo, we didn't do to bad after that, tbh.

Unread 14-03-2009, 04:17 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
already wrapping my chips in that headline Whaley......bring on Fulham

liamb123

Quote:
City last season was worse imo, we didn't do to bad after that, tbh.
we have just lost 4-1 at home to the biggest set of @#%&!s in the world

nothing is worse than this

Gruber

I wonder how their 2-1 and 4-1 victories will feel when they see us getting presented with the trophy in May

Unread 14-03-2009, 04:18 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamb123
we have just lost 4-1 at home to the biggest set of @#%&!s in the world

nothing is worse than this
Personally City was for me, the way we didn't show on that particular day. Today was a freak day, will you really give a £#%&! if we lift the title in May?

wonky no

Quote:
We're gonna get all the usual stuff but last year City did the double over us, including beating us at O.T on the Munich anniversary. We're 4 points clear, with a game in hand. Today was one of them days, they came, literally @#%&!ted it up field all the game and got some joy from it. They'll drop more points this season, we know that. The Scousers will get carried away, as usual, "It's ON!!" "We're better than them" etc, the league title is handed out in May, we're in a great position.
they did a lot more than that. they were first to a lot of 50/50 balls. they didn't give any time to settle on the ball and they defended excellently. yes their first came from a hoof and a mistake but lets not forget they were 1 goal down. they troubled us at the back on a few occasions. evra, vidic, rio all looked nervy at times. you'd think they would have attacked us at right back sighting o'shea as a weak link but they didn't.

we were far behind our best. i think the team selection was wrong for once. although anderson has been playing well i think fletcher would have been a wiser choice- in hindsight obviously. we had enough chances to score although the rats made most of them half chances. ronaldo was off the boil, rooney couldn't get in the game and park wasted some good possession.

denis lawless

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber
I wonder how their 2-1 and 4-1 victories will feel when they see us getting presented with the trophy in May
sick as dogs ...thats how

Unread 14-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
sick as dogs ...thats how
well i know for certain i won't be giving a flying £#%&! about them

Unread 14-03-2009, 04:20 PM
liamb123

Quote:
Personally City was for me, the way we didn't show on that particular day. Today was a freak day, will you really give a £#%&! if we lift the title in May?
Nope

that thought aint giving me much consolation at the moment though!

Unread 14-03-2009, 04:20 PM
redmike

Quote:
Today was much much worse, imo.

Unread 14-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Gruber

Quote:
Nope

its only a few weeks away

denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber
well i know for certain i won't be giving a flying £#%&! about them
inbetween manic dancing and hugging strangers in the street....i might just reflect on their misery for a minute or two

MUFC One Love

Quote:

It never does, but it happens, after a defeat to anyone when you're in a title race everything is bad. If we beat Fulham next week we'll be back to normal.
Closed Thread