United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
berbatov shot at goal and it was going out for a goal kick or maybe even cleared with the lack of effort or conviction behind the 'shot'
Spot on.

Berbatov spun and had a shot which 'The Bull' latched onto and fearlessly headed into the net......

Nothing like Bolton.

Whalefish

A bit of persistance from Tevez paid off and Berbatov pops in the header. All very nice. I wouldn't call it unmissable though, all of our forwards have missed some sitters this season (and last).

I originally it was a nice bit of skill from Tevez to get free but it looked like poor defending on the replay, got a little break and away he went. Crappy stream though and I've not seen MOTD since to have a better look at it.

magic_cantona

Quote:
berbatov shot at goal and it was going out for a goal kick or maybe even cleared with the lack of effort or conviction behind the 'shot'
£#%&! off Marls.

Unread 19-01-2009, 11:51 AM
marlo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch
Berbatov has a long way to go to become better than average as a real United player.
Bit like Nani - full of promise but achieved little.
exactly.
tell you son to pipe down.

Unread 19-01-2009, 11:52 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
That you think that it was a shot says a lot, can't even admit he played it to him so deep runs your hatred.

Unread 19-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Whalefish

£35million? FFS if we mention a fee on here enough times does it become fact? As mentioned before until the accounts are made public we won't know how much he cost. To date the fee has only been mentioned by the press and it was less than Robinho. He holds the British transfer record, not Berbatov. I don't think Robinho cost £35million did he?

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Spot on.

Berbatov spun and had a shot which 'The Bull' latched onto and fearlessly headed into the net......

Nothing like Bolton.
He didn't head it, muppet.

Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
A bit of persistance from Tevez paid off and Berbatov pops in the header. All very nice. I wouldn't call it unmissable though, all of our forwards have missed some sitters this season (and last).

I originally it was a nice bit of skill from Tevez to get free but it looked like poor defending on the replay, got a little break and away he went. Crappy stream though and I've not seen MOTD since to have a better look at it.
defenders clattered into each other, he got the run of the ball as it span off his chest. Dug it out of his feet superbly & crossed bang on the money for Berbatov to re-direct nicely for 3 points.

Unread 19-01-2009, 11:54 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Spot on.

Nothing like Bolton.
you crazy foo

Unread 19-01-2009, 11:55 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
That you think that it was a shot says a lot, can't even admit he played it to him so deep runs your hatred.
http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/1902581/

looks like one of his effortless shots to me. he body language suggest he didnt care what happens and was about to start strolling back for the goal kick.

Unread 19-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
defenders clattered into each other, he got the run of the ball as it span off his chest. Dug it out of his feet superbly & crossed bang on the money for Berbatov to re-direct nicely for 3 points.
That's about right. Nice cross for the goal and a good header.

Unread 19-01-2009, 11:56 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
im sure we are all glad, what was the price btw? sure it was £35m or around that. and yes he has had some good games, but hes also had a few shockers, but if you mention them youre an "ABB"
As Whalers says we don't know the exact price but it was lkess than that. I don't think saying he's had a bad game makes you an "ABB", I think a total unwillingness to accept anything that he's done is good does. I don't think you qualify at all, some others do and BB is a piss taking jobless chancer who can't tell the difference between feet and heads.

Unread 19-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
£35million? FFS if we mention a fee on here enough times does it become fact? As mentioned before until the accounts are made public we won't know how much he cost. To date the fee has only been mentioned by the press and it was less than Robinho. He holds the British transfer record, not Berbatov. I don't think Robinho cost £35million did he?
Berbatov - supposedly £30.75m

Robinho - supposedly £32.5m

Regardless, we're top of the league with him & doing better points wise at this point & in all competitions compared to last season. I think.

Unread 19-01-2009, 11:57 AM
marlo

Quote:
I don't think you qualify at all, some others do and BB is a piss taking jobless chancer who can't tell the difference between feet and heads.
why have you got to get personal?

Unread 19-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
He didn't head it, muppet.
So it was just like Bolton then................

Muppet.

Unread 19-01-2009, 11:58 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

looks like one of his effortless shots to me. he body language suggest he didnt care what happens and was about to start strolling back for the goal kick.
Of course it does, fact that there's a defender in the way of goal and he directs it directly onto Tevez foot suggest otherwise. The fact you are so desperate to take credit away from his assist in this case tells a story as does you previously stating you hate him and think he's ruined everything don't you think.

Why Don?

He is looking at Tevez when he plays it.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
So it was just like Bolton then................

Muppet.
Who said it was "just" like Bolton?

Unread 19-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Baron

Quote:

Just because Berbatov can play football spinning on his #@&%! whilst others look like they are simultaneously completing the Times crossword & Rubiks cube when playing a 10 yard pass doesn't mean he lacks interest.

The man's pure class.

Unread 19-01-2009, 11:59 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Berbatov - supposedly £30.75m

Robinho - supposedly £32.5m

Regardless, we're top of the league with him & doing better points wise at this point & in all competitions compared to last season. I think.
robinho - 15 league appearances 11 league goals and some have been goal of the season contenders.

berbatov - 18 league appearances 5 goals
Closed Thread